Author Topic: East Bass Entry Point  (Read 604 times)

Offline walleyehunter21

• IceShanty Rookie
East Bass Entry Point
« on: Jan 03, 2012, 08:01 AM »
Where do I go to get onto East Bass? Once you pass Mehl lake do you stay on Seass or do you turn onto another road?

Offline BiG ARN

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: East Bass Entry Point
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2012, 08:54 AM »
Just stay on the main road and it will be on your right...a dnr public access

Offline MOPARDOCTOR

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Addicted to the ice
Re: East Bass Entry Point
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2012, 10:30 PM »
If your going to set tip-ups, use larger suckers or shiners, that lake is full of hammer handles.  I witnessed my small minnow and jig being checked out by a hammer handle, I lifted the bait because I did not have needle nose pliers with me...the small one took off like he seen a ghost.  3 seconds later..a slimy green freight train at least 30" long took my minnow and sweedish pimple without even a tug on my line..just gone...
I lost a huge one this summer, don't know if it was a huge pike or a muskie, but he swallowed my rig passed the 12" steel leader and broke my 18 pound test like it was nothing, i know this cuz when he got about 15 feet from the boat, he turned and took a dive, thats when I seen about 30 inches of white/beige belly right before my line went limp.  There are some very large fish in this lake and alot of juveniles as well.  Also caught a few walleye, yellow perch and pumpkin seeds and Bass.  Good Luck!
Mike
Frozen Snot....It's a fashion statement!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.