The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Wisc River Backwaters  (Read 767 times)

Offline Ranger619

• Team IceShanty Addict
Wisc River Backwaters
« on: Jan 01, 2012, 10:28 AM »
I know alot of guys like Gillespies show and alot of guys don't. But after watching the show Sat. and living down here where I'm not sure we'll ever get on the ice I could'nt help not getting pumped up !!!! Does anybody know if areas like they were on are easy to access ??? We fish Castle Rock alot but don't usually find that kind of water depth in the backwaters there.  ???
Fish as much as you can we're not here forever!

Otter Cottage Pro X Over
Marcum LX9 LX7 LX3
Thorne Bros,G Austin & TUCR Rods
Striker Lite Flite Milwaukee Fuel M18

Suzuki 750 King Quad W/Otter Monster Box

Offline blackhawks

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Wisc River Backwaters
« Reply #1 on: Jan 02, 2012, 08:47 AM »
Ranger, in all honesty, I don't think you are going to get a lot of assistance as guys are typically tight lipped on backwater fishing.  As you know, some of these areas are rather small in size, thus they don't want company.  I live in southeast Wisconsin and like you, I am yearning for local / safe ice.  Before Christmas, I spent some time on Google maps and viewed potential backwaters of the Wisconsin River by   Stevens Point.  I focused on sloughs and adjacent roads.  I drove up there and there were cars parked along the road and guys on the ice.  There should be some snow cover in the area Gillespie was on so you should see tracks to follow to the ice.  You could also try calling some of the bait shops in these areas and go that route.  Food for thought and be safe.

Offline Ranger619

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 02, 2012, 01:22 PM »
Thanks for the reply Blackhawks. My brother-inlaw is from the Racine area and we fish Castle Rock alot both open and hard water. I guess we just need to take a weekend and go exploring.  @)
Fish as much as you can we're not here forever!

Otter Cottage Pro X Over
Marcum LX9 LX7 LX3
Thorne Bros,G Austin & TUCR Rods
Striker Lite Flite Milwaukee Fuel M18

Suzuki 750 King Quad W/Otter Monster Box

Offline wiicefishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 06, 2012, 09:03 PM »
I don't know the specific area they were fishing but i'm assuming it was near devils elbow on the north end of Petenwell. Lots of area to explore their.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.