Author Topic: Burnstick Lake  (Read 3549 times)

Offline xXICEFISHXx

• IceShanty Rookie
Burnstick Lake
« on: Dec 28, 2011, 10:18 PM »
I am heading to burnstick lake tomorrow and am wondering if anyone has been out lately. If so where would I go to get myself some perch and what hooks should I be using. If anyone wants to join us we should be
Leaving sylvan around 7:00am.

Offline ryanlookingforperch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Burnstick Lake
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28, 2011, 10:22 PM »
Man, I'd like to try this lake...freakin 268 km from Edmonton. Grrr.

Best of luck, hope some info comes your way!

Good fishin!
“The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope”

Offline TravIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2011, 10:59 AM »
Yeah its not close, but its pretty much all hiway except for the last 5-10 km into the lake.  One day I'm going to give it a try, I just can't seem to convince Carl to go after the perch with me...;D

Offline imgonnamissher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 29, 2011, 12:56 PM »
I will be heading to Burnstick Friday morning, anyone know What the Ice thickness is? Never been there but checked Google maps. Looks like entrance to lake is off the North shore from Alder Ave. Am I right on this? Where on the lake is a good spot to fish? Anyone else going? Let me know.
When Hell Freezes over........I'll Ice Fish there too!    <><   <*}}}><     <><   <>< <><

Offline CMMahy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 29, 2011, 03:56 PM »
You can see the lake right from Burntstick lake road, there's a public boat launch that's right there as well. I can't say i've ever wet a line there so I can't help you with that. The road in is well travelled and maintained at all times of the year, and they're pretty good about plowing after snowfalls as well.
A bad day of fishing beats anything else I'd be doing today.....

Offline xXICEFISHXx

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 29, 2011, 07:16 PM »
No luck today. Its such a big lake and having no clue were to find any perch and what to use makes fishing very hard. About two hours of not even seeing a thing and we were off to yellowhead. Again nothin but a few groups around me caught a couple. Then we headed to birch to at least get a bit of action before dark and my buddy got a couple little guys. Next time we will be headed strait to birch.

One day somebody who knows the lake will have to show me how to catch them out of burnstick.

Offline imgonnamissher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 29, 2011, 08:38 PM »
You can see the lake right from Burntstick lake road, there's a public boat launch that's right there as well. I can't say I've ever wet a line there so I can't help you with that. The road in is well travelled and maintained at all times of the year, and they're pretty good about plowing after snowfalls as well.
Thanks for the update. Gonna give it a try tomorrow. Got a depth contoured map from anglersatlas and have a good idea where to go.
 Sorry to hear you had a bad day ICEFISH, hope i have better luck. If not I always said that a bad days fishin is better than a good days work. At least it's an outing, but catching something would be a blast!  :tipup: :icefish:
When Hell Freezes over........I'll Ice Fish there too!    <><   <*}}}><     <><   <>< <><

Offline Dylan1994hunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 29, 2011, 08:54 PM »
That whole day was a waist of gas haha. But at least birch lake was able to give up a few Brookies, that
made the whole day worth it and we hardly fished there. We are going to birch saturday if any one want to join us.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Dec 29, 2011, 09:57 PM »
I'd love to meet you guys out there if this is the birch past Gunn on 43 I think it is. Like 100km from Edmonton.

New lake, possible new species. That would be a great day.

I'll pm tomorrow find out where to meet you guys!?

Good luck n good fishin'!
“The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope”

Offline imgonnamissher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 29, 2011, 10:18 PM »
I'd love to meet you guys out there if this is the birch past Gunn on 43 I think it is. Like 100km from Edmonton.

New lake, possible new species. That would be a great day.

I'll pm tomorrow find out where to meet you guys!?

Good luck n good fishin'!
I don't think it's thew same lake ryanlookingforperch, This is south of Rocky Mountain House and Caroline. If you think you can make the trip, your welcome to join us. :tipup: :icefish:

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 29, 2011, 10:30 PM »
Thanks For the invite. I did a map Recce look at times to see if I can do it. Definetly
Diff lake. Three hours to caroline alone, I won't be able to do that.

I hope you guys slay!

Good fishin'

Offline Tee Tee

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 29, 2011, 11:47 PM »
I was out on Burnstick the Boxing day, caught lots of small perch. Lake seems to be fished out. We fished north side coming from Sundre past the camp ground followed the road to the north boat launch by the cabins. Follow the tire tracks on the lake, there was lots of people out.

Hope this helps, good luck.

Offline shackless

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Dec 30, 2011, 06:28 PM »
I was at Burnstick today... I would not recommend driving on it yet... the top three inches of ice are not of good quality leaving about  7-8" of ok ice.
A pressure crack showed up right under my nose today when I was trying to set  a tip up.... the ice in my hole cracked... that was disconcerting.. although I knew I was safe.... you always get an eerie feeling when something like that happens.

- (notso) Shackless
Fishing
           It's not life and death.
      It's more important than that.

Offline Dylan1994hunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Dec 30, 2011, 06:36 PM »
If any one is coming to birch tomorrow and wants to meet us there at eight we will be driving a white dodge Dakota with browning stickers on.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.