Author Topic: Tarryall  (Read 670 times)

Offline Pokes04

• IceShanty Rookie
Tarryall
« on: Dec 27, 2011, 11:12 AM »
Anyone been to Tarryall this week? I cant decide between Tarryall and Antero, I am taking a friend who has never been Ice Fishing before. I like Antero but I really like the Idea of catching a Muskie at Tarryall.

I have never fished Tarryall through the ice.

Any Info would be appreciated.

Pokes

Offline Prairiegoat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 13# Pike
Re: Tarryall
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27, 2011, 12:32 PM »
Tarryall doesn't have muskie. There are some pike there.

Offline ducati

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Tarryall
« Reply #2 on: Dec 27, 2011, 02:50 PM »
I was there yesterday and fishing was SLOOWWWWW !!! Fished from 11a to 3p and only ended up with 2 trout. Tried Airplane Jigs, Lindy Rattlin fliers, Tube Jigs with sucker meat, whole suckers for Pike, had one toothy criiter come in and steal the tube jig. For trout tried Rat Finkies, Atomic ants, moon jigs, micro tubes, Kastmaster's all tipped with butter worms and meal worms. The only thing that produced was a aggresively jigged gold Kasty tipped with a mealy. Fished 5 to 10' of water over the river channel at the northwest end of the res.  My last 2 trips out there have been rough,  I am not sure what is going on I usually can't keep the slimers off my lure... :icefish:.. Anyway, if you are trying to get your buddy into fish I would try Skaguay, the trout are small but you will most likely get number's and have a shot at a pike.  This is just my .02.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.