Author Topic: decent perch close to lincoln???  (Read 476 times)

Offline ULking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Ice Baby!!!
decent perch close to lincoln???
« on: Dec 21, 2011, 11:43 AM »
Does anyone know where I can go somewhat close to Lincoln to fish for decent sized perch?? Any info is greatly appreciated!! Thank you and happy fishing!
A bad day of fishin is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Fish-icer

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: decent perch close to lincoln???
« Reply #1 on: Dec 21, 2011, 12:16 PM »
All the white perch you want at Branched Oak  :)

Offline ULking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Ice Baby!!!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 21, 2011, 12:21 PM »
Do you know if ice is thick enough? And any yellows around?

Offline Fish-icer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 21, 2011, 12:30 PM »
I was joking about the white perch thing.  You can catch them but not good eating unless you like bones.  I know of some private ponds that have perch in them around Lincoln but good luck getting permission on those unless you know the owners well.  Usually stocked for their pleasure.  This side of the state doesnt have much for perch, game and parks seems to focus more on bass and blue gill in these parts.  Iowa isnt far though and some to some good perch fishing plus their limits are better.

As for the ice at Branched Oak.  Wouldnt even think of going there yet, even when we have good ice it still can be iffy out there if you dont know the lake well.  Ask Eastwesterner about sending his friend for a swim night fishing a few years back.

All in all.  The best perch fishing is out west, have to be willing to drive.  And the drive is definitely worth it.  Will be back up there for a few days over New Years.

Offline ULking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Ice Baby!!!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 21, 2011, 12:40 PM »
I figured you were lol but yeah I wouldn't go out to anything other than private ponds around here but even that's iffy! I had permission to a private lake close to here but other ppl with permission ruined that for me so im pretty bummed about that.. I woyldnt mind a little travel I wanted to go tomorrow Friday and Saturday morning somewhere but for sure next week I'm going to valentine with a few buddies bc I've heard good things about up there...I guess imitation you know of anything within 2 or so hours id probably go Friday for sure?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.