Author Topic: buckskin ice?  (Read 528 times)

Offline pepsiman

• IceShanty Rookie
buckskin ice?
« on: Dec 21, 2011, 08:31 AM »
Anyone know what the ice is like at Buckskin? I am planning on going over there on Mon. Any conditions report would be great.
gettin the crapps

Offline ltsgofishing

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: buckskin ice?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 21, 2011, 10:10 AM »
Idk about the ice but iv ice fished  buckskin before and never caught any thing you have any tricksv to that lake ?

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I just don't have a healthy fear of...anything.
« Reply #2 on: Dec 21, 2011, 10:18 AM »
My buddy was out monday!  Yikes...said there was still 4" on the south side.  Caught some crappies but didn't get specific. (size, where, what).  It is definitely fishable I'm told.
STRIKELITE 4-STROKE, POLARIS 800 X2, OTTER OUTDOORS, FL-12, FORD F-150, ST. CROIX, HERITAGE LAKER AND FRABILL THERMAL TIPUPS, STRIKEMASTER BIBS AND PARKA, MR BUDDY, LOWRANCE H2O, AQUA VIEW XL, MARCUM PANNING TRIPOD, AND FATTIES.

Offline jugiese

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 21, 2011, 10:45 AM »
Good to hear, i'm going back home for Christmas and was hoping to hit up maskenthine and buckskin while i was back.  what a difference a year makes!  last year i fished buckskin on Christmas and there was 14+ inches of ice!

Offline ltsgofishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 21, 2011, 12:09 PM »
If there was four on Monday I might half to go and fish it Friday hope fully I can final catch some thing out of there  :tipup:

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I just don't have a healthy fear of...anything.
« Reply #5 on: Dec 21, 2011, 04:26 PM »
We were going to hit Buckskin on friday and ended up wtih permission for a private pond that has pike in it for Friday.  Kind of wierd though...very small pond, 21' deep, but has some large pike and bass in it.  2 guys could put tip ups out and have their baits in sight of every nook and cranny of it.  We'll see....fall I hooked a nice one and by buddy caught a good one.  But we ice fished it last year and got skunked...it was later in the year but I'm skeptical.
STRIKELITE 4-STROKE, POLARIS 800 X2, OTTER OUTDOORS, FL-12, FORD F-150, ST. CROIX, HERITAGE LAKER AND FRABILL THERMAL TIPUPS, STRIKEMASTER BIBS AND PARKA, MR BUDDY, LOWRANCE H2O, AQUA VIEW XL, MARCUM PANNING TRIPOD, AND FATTIES.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.