Author Topic: Striker Ice Suit  (Read 5536 times)

Offline Skinnybenny

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Chasin' Only Monsters,Catchin' Only Bait
Striker Ice Suit
« on: Dec 19, 2011, 12:52 PM »
Ive Been Reading that the striker ice suit lites run a little on the big size what about the regular striker float suits?  has anyone got a regular(non lite) suit?
 and how big did you get and how big are you?  i ordered the 2XL I'm 6'4" and 260 pounds just wondering if i should have gotten a XL or not?   any comments welcome
Give a man a Fish,Feed him for a day:Teach Him to Fish And He will Be Preoccupied the rest of his Life

Offline TheDL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Striker Ice Suit
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19, 2011, 12:56 PM »
skinnybenny - I had read that too, but going by thier sizing charts, I couldn't bring myself to 'go a size down' as many have mentioned they did.

I am 6', 180lbs, about 36 waist  - I ordered the large bibs and coat - regular, not lite.  It fits great, not a big bulky thing, not too tight...just enough room for a layer or two if I need it (doubt it), and PLENTY of length adjustment.

I also ordered the striker ice gloves...went by the sizing chart there too, only they are a bit tight.  I ordered the small b/c of the #'s in the chart, should've got a medium, but still wearable.
Tight lines

Offline adkwiley

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 20, 2011, 09:23 PM »
how do the bibs fit?  they look kind of weird  in all the product pictures of seen but i haven't seen them on a person.

Offline TheDL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 21, 2011, 08:55 AM »
the bibs fit tall and skinny.  I wouldn't recommend going down a size as I've seen many guys say, not sure why they say that.  I went by the sizing chart and have jut enough room for a little layering, which likely won't be needed.  I actually had to shorten up the legs and cinch up the shoulder straps - which is why I say they fit tall...usually pant legs are too short for me. 

I'll get some pics up soon, so far very pleased with the suit - but I've yet to try it out on the ice.
Tight lines

Offline Skinnybenny

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Chasin' Only Monsters,Catchin' Only Bait
« Reply #4 on: Dec 21, 2011, 12:04 PM »
I ordered the 2xl jacket and bibs and it fits me fine, im glad i didnt get a size down bc this fits me perfectly!!! Man it is awesome it is probably the nicest ice suit ive ever seen and ive seen all but the artic armors in person  im Very happy i went with the stiker instead of the ice armours 
Give a man a Fish,Feed him for a day:Teach Him to Fish And He will Be Preoccupied the rest of his Life

Offline slabkiller

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 21, 2011, 12:21 PM »
I bought the XL from Korkys. It fits great. I did have to hike up the pant cuffs to the next setting- what a great idea! I am 6'-2" 200 lbs with 46 jacket size, 34-35" sleeves, 36-37 waist and 34" inseam. I got the regular floater. I think the LITE fits slightly bigger because there is a little less insulation inside. I wore the suit twice already and I love it.

Offline Lord_of_the_Perch

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 22, 2011, 09:03 AM »
Here is the correspondence I had with Striker regarding sizing. Hope it helps......

Hello,

Can you help me chose the correct size Striker Lite parka & bibs? I want to be sure that there is ample room to zip the parka when wear bibs.

I am:
 5’ 10” tall
38” waist
46” chest
30” inseam

Hi Ken,
I’m not sure what you wear underneath your suit and how much room you like, but if you do basic layering (base layer (underarmor) + mid weight fleece) I would suggest you go with an XL jacket and a 2XL bib. The inseam on our 2XL bibs can be adjusted to 29”, 32” or 35” using our “Triple-Play Cuff”.

Thanks for your interest,

Shawn

Offline cousin eddie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 22, 2011, 10:41 AM »
I know you asked for the Regular suit advice but just thought I would chime in.  I am about 5-10, 185, 32" inseam, 34" waist.  I purchased the Lite suit in a large for both bibs and coat.  Bibs do fit tall and slim like mentioned above.  So if you are more of a "round" person keep that in mind when ordering the bibs, I would still go with your size (don't order a size down) for the waist since the length is adjustable.  From the pictures on the website, I wasn't exactly expecting that tall/slim fit, but after trying them on and fishing in them a couple times, I love them.  The large coat it slightly loose fitting, but I believe a medium in both the bibs and coat would have been too small on me.  So far, I have fished in temps ranging 20-30*F with winds up to 20-25 mph.  I went with some Under Armor under jeans on bottom and just a t-shirt and sweatshirt on top and I have been more than comfortably warm in the Lite suit.  I went with the Lite suit because I tend to move a lot while fishing, I also fish out of a 1-man portable, figured the Regular suit probably would have been too warm for my style of fishing.  The pit zips and 3-way leg zips are nice for venting while walking out/in.

Offline beavercreekoutdoors

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 22, 2011, 02:27 PM »
Just got my Striker Ice suit today from Red Rock Store.  I am about 6'01" 205-210lbs, 36" waist, 32" inseam.  I ordered the XL jacket and L bibs.  The jacket fits perfect.  The bibs fit a little on the slim side, I feel that I'm on the edge of L/XL.  The jacket has plenty of room for a long underwear top and fleece layer, with a little extra room for comfort.  The bibs fit nice with long johns, but would be a little snug with a second layer under them.  With the reviews on how warm the suit is, I'm sure a pair of long johns (top and bottom) and a fleece top under the suit will be more than enough to be comfortable in cold conditions.  The adjustment on the bib length is very simple and straight forward - took about 30 seconds per side to shorten to a more comfortable length.  The suit looks well made with tons of pockets.  I can't wait to get out on the ice to try it out!!!

Offline TheDL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 23, 2011, 12:38 PM »
here's my review with pics....
I ordered the Striker Ice suit online, so I had no chance to try it on and do a direct comparison to the competition – and not much in the way of user reviews to go on being that suit it so new.  The few reviews I found really sold me on the suit ‘sight unseen’ – and the pre-sales customer support I received was amazing.  I asked many very specific questions of the company concerning warranty, materials, design and details and all were answered within a few hours by Shawn K – big thumbs up!
Please excuse the photo quality
First Impression:
I took the suit out of the box and was pleasantly surprised to see the jacket and bibs both came with extra button hardware ( a nice touch to accompany the warranty )
Having ordered the regular suit (not the lite version) I was surprised at how light the suit was.  I have tried on all the major float suits and this one seems light and malleable.  The material is flexible and slightly ‘pre-shaped’ in the knees and elbows.
The styling was a nice blue-ish grey with black trim, white highly reflective banding and best of all, SUBTLE branding…I don’t want to be a walking billboard.

The Details:
I don’t think I can summarize all the intricacies of this suit as I’ve only worn it for about 15 minutes.  Our grass is still green and wearing this suit in the house is pretty warm.  Every time I put this suit on I find a new expandable, pocket drawstring, clip or zipper and they are all very well thought out with placement and pocket design.  Some easy access fleece lined hand-warmer type, some large ‘cargo’ style expandable button top, and several water tight zipper pockets, along with ‘zip through’ to get at stuff inside or make that awkward scratch easier.

The little extras:
Most of the above mentioned features you will find on one suit or another, here are some key features that tell me a true outdoorsman had a say in the suit’s design:
The suit is 100% water proof, but we all know how water on the ice tends to find it’s way through gaps in outwear – the inside leg cuffs have an extra splash guard with elastic and button closure:

As well as ankle to hip zips:

And for anyone that’s ever lost something down the hole or in the snow, a great place for keys  (zipper small pocket on the sleeve):

Additional interior cuffs are soft and water proof:

And the ingenious idea of customizable cuffs – a simple, super strong velco cuff:
Fully extended (note the bands of velco moving up the leg, these are “hem points”

And as a 6’ tall guy, rolling up the cuffs to the mid-way point tells me tall or short, you should have a good fit
Rolling up the cuffs:

Finished “hem” job:

And then there’s the venting…I can’t believe this is a “revolutionary” idea for a float suit meant to be worn for sporting:

The magnetic closures over the zips (legs and coat) are a nice touch, as is the 3 way zip on the coat and bibs:

makes an easy access for bathroom breaks.  The pliable wire brim in the (detachable) hood is another breakthrough I wish I had on all my coats.  And then there’s this James Bond-esque feature (Beveridge not included):

Some shots of how the suit looks/fits:

Notice where the padded knees are – I jacked up the suspenders and rolled up the cuffs and they are still in the right spot – nicely padded knees and seat.

I’m sure there’s some features I haven’t found yet – so feel free to ask questions, I wish I’d had this info before buying, would’ve made the decision much easier.  I will report back details of how it handles the cold and wet once we get some ice!  Based on my initial findings I would highly recommend this suit both for safety and warmth.
The Fit: I’d say, tall and somewhat slim.  I’m 6’ 180lbs, 36 waist.  I ordered the large bibs and coat and they fit great.  Enough room for a layer or two and not at all bulky.
The suits fit very close to their sizing chart http://www.strikerbrands.com/store/c/20-Striker-Ice.aspx
Tight lines

Offline Lord_of_the_Perch

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 24, 2011, 01:43 PM »
I just got my Striker Lite Ice coat today. Very impressed, fit and finish is outstanding. Wore the coat out for 1/2 hour (temp was 8 degrees) with only a tee shirt and thin micro fleece. I was very surprised how warm I was.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.