Author Topic: just ordered a marmish rod and some jigs  (Read 1164 times)

Offline fishingabomb2006

• Team IceShanty Addict
just ordered a marmish rod and some jigs
« on: Dec 19, 2011, 12:36 PM »
dug out my gear and decided to buy one of the palm rods to give it a whirl this season pretty excited to see how it works, at worst i now have a spottail rod lol ;D ;D
Team Goldfish 55 :-D :-D
lifetime jigging goals:
gill-done; perch-done; crappie- done; bass- done; carp-done; catfish-done, splake-done; rainbow-done; brookie- done; pike- done; pickeral-done (29inch6.5lb); white fish-done;  laker-  ;cusk-  ;salmon-  ;walleye-

Offline fishingabomb2006

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: just ordered a marmish rod and some jigs
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19, 2011, 01:13 PM »
and friday i will be heading up Ct outfitters to buy a new quick tip or 2, one of mine is bent in a spiral (care of bad storage by me)
lifetime jigging goals:
gill-done; perch-done; crappie- done; bass- done; carp-done; catfish-done, splake-done; rainbow-done; brookie- done; pike- done; pickeral-done (29inch6.5lb); white fish-done;  laker-  ;cusk-  ;salmon-  ;walleye-

Offline Matt_Atkins

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 19, 2011, 01:39 PM »
Fishingabomb,
I got one of those last year, cant really give any advice, never really dedicated anytime to it, ill have to give it another go this year, but the fish are meant to be hand lined. And the Marish jigs are really well made. and the rod is pretty much unbreakable

Offline fishingabomb2006

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 19, 2011, 01:53 PM »
aiming to catch the super picky gills and calicos in shallow water or use as a sight fishing rod since its so short
lifetime jigging goals:

Offline Velcro

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The jigging snowflake
« Reply #4 on: Dec 19, 2011, 03:10 PM »
I thought the marmish rods looked neat and I heard good things about their jigs, might buy one myself someday but probably not this season. Let me know how it works.

I found an extra jigging rod kicking around the house, and one of those schoolie type reels (think it's an HT, not an actual schoolie) so it looks like I'll have a 3rd jigging rod to play with this season. Besides the hooks and line I got in the other day I'm not planning on buying much this season besides bait.

Offline fishingabomb2006

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 19, 2011, 03:40 PM »
i think with the new palm rod ill be at 6 or 7 jig rods now including my arctic warrior deadstick; assessed all my jigging gear not including shelter and flasher at around $2500 when i was bored one day on the ice
lifetime jigging goals:

Offline Velcro

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The jigging snowflake
« Reply #6 on: Dec 19, 2011, 09:06 PM »
Heh, I probably got around $1000 worth of gear, some slow fishing day I'll have to add it all up. So easy to spend money on icefishing gear.

Offline schaffman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 20, 2011, 08:15 AM »
I've been using a Marmish rod for about 3 years now.   It's very sensitive and picks up the slightest bite.   You can even see the line slack when a Crappie bites from below.     I use 2lb test.   I know they are designed for small fish but I've had good luck for it when fishing shallow for trout as well.   It's great when you are trying to travel light or have those long walks into those small ponds.

Hopefully by the weekend, I'll be out on one of those ponds.

Offline Flypopper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 20, 2011, 08:19 AM »
I bought a Marmish last year, caught about 30-40 fish on it. Lots of fun!!

Offline CT-iceguy.

• IceShanty Rookie
  • aka striperboy on CTF
« Reply #9 on: Dec 21, 2011, 05:05 PM »
The jigs look great, I ordered a few this past fall and can't wait to try them. Im not so sure on the rods, however they do look wicked sensitive. I cant imagine handlining a fish in on 2# test is fun from 20FOW though..
Christian Genarelli

Offline fishingabomb2006

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Dec 21, 2011, 05:49 PM »
im not looking to use it much deeper than maybe 10fow
lifetime jigging goals:

Offline highvoltagejigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 26, 2011, 07:56 PM »
I have been fishing a marmish outfit for about 5 yrs now. I dont hardly set out my tilts anymore. They will out catch anyone on the lake. You will get plenty of spectators because you cant see the rod but from a distance you see lots of fish coming thru the ice!  I have 6 of them. Keep a couple in your jacket pocket with different lines and baits.   I have 2 of them with 1lb test which is really fun. I fish johnsons cove quite a bit.

Offline fishingabomb2006

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Dec 26, 2011, 09:23 PM »
still waiting on my order to arrive!!!
lifetime jigging goals:

Offline fishingabomb2006

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Dec 29, 2011, 05:53 PM »
they said my order shipped on the 19th and still not here...... :-\
lifetime jigging goals:

Offline Velcro

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The jigging snowflake
« Reply #14 on: Dec 31, 2011, 01:16 PM »
I hate depending on the postal service... A book I ordered for my sister for Christmas just came in today.

I hope your marmish and safe ice come soon!

Offline fishingabomb2006

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Dec 31, 2011, 05:28 PM »
came in last night!!!
lifetime jigging goals:

Offline jss111678

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Jan 01, 2012, 09:37 AM »
done waiting for your new stuff now we got to wait for ice. glad it came for you  ;D

Offline Velcro

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The jigging snowflake
« Reply #17 on: Jan 01, 2012, 04:09 PM »
Whoot!

Now for some ice...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.