The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Cooney "Skunked again"  (Read 512 times)

Offline yampee

• IceShanty Rookie
Cooney "Skunked again"
« on: Dec 18, 2011, 02:07 PM »
I don't know why I can't seem to even get a bite a Cooney through the ice. Fished about 5 hours this morning not even a nibble.

Offline MTangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Here fishy fishy fishy.
Re: Cooney "Skunked again"
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18, 2011, 02:28 PM »
I have fished cooney persistently and even for days straight and haven't caught a thing...I wish it was a better fishery for our sake. I think it is the closest decent lake to billings and being originally from there I know how bad people from there are itchin to catch some fish. Something is bound to pop out of a hole there  ;D

MTA

Bullelk34

« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2011, 04:04 PM »
Yamp- next time you go, try by Red Lodge Creek. Go to the left of the ramp, just around the point and fish 10-14 FOW. Day in day out, what used to work well for me was a small white mister twister, tipped with 2-3 maggots. I set them 1-2 feet off bottom under a small bobber. The walleyes were few and far between when I still lived down there so I can't help with them. Good luck-
Carl

Offline yampee

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 18, 2011, 05:44 PM »
Thanks for the tip Bullelk. I don't know if I can get my son to go there with me again. Tha last time we went he said it would be the last, and he said it again.\ today.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.