Author Topic: The Bro show hits the river  (Read 764 times)

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
The Bro show hits the river
« on: Dec 18, 2011, 12:59 PM »
I can't say enough good things about the man...He is truly a class act. Over the last 3 days, I got to spend quite a bit of time with Brian "Bro" Brosdahl. Going out to dinner and hanging with him and his wife, Heather was great, but the highlight for me was getting him out on the water.  ;D

He's done over 75,000 miles in just over 6 months of travelling from shop to shop and hasn't had much time for fishing. He's best known for his panfish and walleye and I've been telling him how good we have it here in Connecticut with our crappie. He made a few phone calls and was able to rearrange his schedule long enough for us to get out on the river this morning.

Time for me to put up or shut up... I picked him up at his hotel with the boat in tow. It was a balmy 17 degrees with a bit of a wind. I figured if anyone could take the cold, it was him. We had surface temps on the river right at 37. We figured the fish would be moving a little slow after the first really cold night so we decided to fish a little deeper than we had been recently. I drove the boat around till we marked the fish we were looking for. They were in 10-12 feet of water and within 2 feet of the bottom. We downsized a bit and threw some of the Northland Tungsten jigs he brought and dressed them up with the Impulse Mayflies. The fish were not real hungry but we slowly pieced together a nice bunch of fish. There were a ton of perch in the mix, I even got a big old pike on the ultra light stuff  :o We were back at the ramp by 11 so he could hit the road for a few more appearances before heading home for Christmas. We had a lot of laughs and some real nice fish. Bro was quite impressed with the quality of our fishery and the lack of pressure we have  ;)

Here are a couple of pics from the morning on the river:

Offline jss111678

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: The Bro show hits the river
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18, 2011, 01:17 PM »
nice job guys hope the ice will be forming soon i just need to get out. looks like you 2 had a great day...

Offline bee

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2011, 01:19 PM »
Blain nice to some smiles.
Thats Why They Call It Fishing.

Offline spanky1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 18, 2011, 01:20 PM »
It's great that you got him out on the water Blaine. Talking about is is one thing, actually getting out is MUCH better. I am sure he thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity to fish our waters.

He had a pretty good guide as well ;)
Don't give up, don't EVER give up - Jimmy V

Trooper Bri

« Reply #4 on: Dec 18, 2011, 07:31 PM »
Some good looking slabs there Blaine! Bonus fish on the ultralights is always great in the river too.

Thanks again for hosting a great presentation put on by Bro and Frabill.

Offline metalfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 18, 2011, 07:34 PM »
Congrats!

Offline Curley

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 20, 2011, 06:22 PM »
The smiles say it all! Nice looking fish.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.