Author Topic: Green Mountain Res Ice  (Read 1269 times)

Offline TimK

• Team IceShanty Addict
Green Mountain Res Ice
« on: Dec 17, 2011, 12:30 AM »
Is there safe ice at green mt?  Im jonesin' for some laker action.
Friends don't let Friends use Tip-Ups

Offline Good Sam

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Green Mountain Res Ice
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17, 2011, 12:55 PM »
I don't know about GM for sure, but I saw on another forum that Wolford is completely iced over.  They were fishing on the north end of the lake. 

Offline addicted2fishin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2011, 03:20 PM »
Omg me 2 timk!! ;D Green mountain is pretty close to my place (silverthorne) an I have some friends that live there an I asked some of them today how it looked. They reported to me that the inlets look probable but deeper portions of the lake still might be iffy. I asked if they have seen anybody on that ice yet an they told me very limited if any at all yet. But I'm always down to fish an live pretty close so pm me an we can get mackin ;D
Dont be Skunked

Offline TimK

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 20, 2011, 12:08 AM »
Omg me 2 timk!! ;D Green mountain is pretty close to my place (silverthorne) an I have some friends that live there an I asked some of them today how it looked. They reported to me that the inlets look probable but deeper portions of the lake still might be iffy. I asked if they have seen anybody on that ice yet an they told me very limited if any at all yet. But I'm always down to fish an live pretty close so pm me an we can get mackin ;D

For sure, I usually fish by myself bc I am fairly new to the area (from upstate NY) so def lemme know when your buddys say Green Mt is ready.  Have you ever fished Granby?  I guess thats the spot for lakers. 

Offline addicted2fishin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 20, 2011, 04:57 PM »
For sure, I usually fish by myself bc I am fairly new to the area (from upstate NY) so def lemme know when your buddys say Green Mt is ready.  Have you ever fished Granby?  I guess thats the spot for lakers. 

Green mountain is good everybody to fish on some parts! One of my friends came into the store today an told me he has seen people on the inlet and some on other shallow shelfs where the ice is think enough. Yea I'm totally game timk I  have alot of new equipment this year that'll help put us on some quality fish. X67 nils 8" an some other goodies. ;D I'll be really busy next couple weeks for the holidays but I might wake up real early to take my Lil brother fishing a couple times in some waters close to me he's visiting for his winter break an loves to fish. Christmas is when I was planning to hit stagecoach for pike your welcome to join us just pm your # so if we deciede to fish for lakers il text u.
Dont be Skunked

Offline TimK

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 25, 2011, 12:32 AM »
Plenty of good ice on Green Mt Res now.  Fished today down by the dam on 9-11" of nice clear ice.  Laker bite had a bit to be desired but I managed to go 4 for 8.  Fish were active until about 930am at which point all marks I had switched from being suspended to coming off the bottom. 

Offline wyobrink

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 28, 2011, 06:13 PM »
New to this forum (switching from the Wyoming side and just moved to Denver during the summer).  Any more recent reports on Green Mtn?  I fished it a couple times this summer out of my float tube and was completely skunked-not even a bite.  Any tips/pointers?  What size of fish can I expect?  I fish Flaming Gorge often and have done quite well for laker pups (no hawgs yet).  Also being new to town, if anyone wants to meet up for a day of fishing, PM me.  Thanks in advance for help.  Good luck!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.