Author Topic: Swedish Pimple vs. Buckshot  (Read 1817 times)

Offline xrapshadrap

• IceShanty Rookie
Swedish Pimple vs. Buckshot
« on: Dec 16, 2011, 02:09 PM »
what should i get, a swedish pimple or buckshot? ??? also, do any of you guys use thumper jigs/any good?

thanx for the input.
fishing is my life!

Offline 5 X Master Angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Swedish Pimple vs. Buckshot
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2011, 02:27 PM »
Try booth. 
Early to bed,
Early to rise!
Fish all day,
and make up lies!

Offline addicted to ice fishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Feeding my addiction one lake at a time
« Reply #2 on: Dec 16, 2011, 03:06 PM »
I would say both,  along with slender spoons, and macho minnow spoons.

Offline HighlandGlen Guide

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 16, 2011, 03:23 PM »
if i had to buy just one, it be the buchshot hands down, but doesnt hurt to have both. thumper jigs work. heck anything will some days, some days nothing will

Offline firefighter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2011, 04:18 PM »
A guy cn't have too many jigging spoons/lures in his tackle box. I liked the Northland Fire eye spoons in glow. They are now discontinued though, Forage minnow is my next runner up. Just my 2 cents worth :)

FF
He who hesitates is lost...

Offline big-brother

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • bring on the ice!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 16, 2011, 06:29 PM »
I use all 3 plus a small assortment of whistler jigs and rattle jigs and have been known to "fluke off" a few Greens.Sometimes though a 3/8oz. yellow jig and a decent Saltie will outperform the majority of the latest big buck rattlebaits.All depends on the activity level of the fish.

Offline IceDreamMan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 16, 2011, 09:52 PM »
If properly baited to the fishes liking they will eat anything exspecially the saugers at Lockport. I have an old keychain of the Welcome to Las Vegas sign. Its bright silver on one side its macho minnow size. Drilled a couple of holes threw on some split rings and a red treble hook. Looks pro. You can also use beer caps and bb's. :blink:

Offline jeffro9023

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 16, 2011, 10:00 PM »
If properly baited to the fishes liking they will eat anything exspecially the saugers at Lockport. I have an old keychain of the Welcome to Las Vegas sign. Its bright silver on one side its macho minnow size. Drilled a couple of holes threw on some split rings and a red treble hook. Looks pro. You can also use beer caps and bb's. :blink:
put meat on it and they will come lol

Offline Master Angler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 10" Hole = Less tales of the big one that got away
« Reply #8 on: Dec 16, 2011, 10:21 PM »
If I had to choose one, easy decision - buckshot.  I've tried a variety of sizes/colors of pimples and regardless of fish activity I've found I always have something, be it a buckshot or something else that works way better for me.  My experience with both of them has been for mostly walleye, perch, and trout.  Actually now I don't even take pimples on the ice anymore, they're put away in my miscellaneous fishing box of stuff that hardly ever gets used.  I however do have 15-20 buckshots of many sizes and colors that always comes on the ice with me   ;D.  I'm not saying don't buy some pimples they may work well where you fish, but I don't think you can go wrong with investing in some buckshots.

Offline panfishboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Born to fish!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 17, 2011, 05:00 AM »
Try both, If you really want only one, Buckshot. I use a green normally tipped with a saltie head. Works great for me. I find you have to jug the pretty aggresivly, never caught one on a deadstick. I usually catch Walleye, Perch on smaller ones, and sometime Pike.
Looooooooooooove to fish, born to fish.
Let em' big suckers go!

Offline firefighter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 17, 2011, 11:43 AM »
Small white Swedish Pimple is IMO the best perch lure ever made. Tipped with a teenie bit of saltie.

FF
He who hesitates is lost...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.