Author Topic: Indian Hill  (Read 492 times)

Offline icefishingNH

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Preparation + Opportunity = Luck
Indian Hill
« on: Dec 16, 2011, 11:35 AM »
I've been reading a lot of post about Indian Hill traps so I called them to learn more about their traps. I talked to Mike who was very helpful with all my questions I had for him. He told me about his "Nor’easter" so I did a search on IS for them. Not a lot of posting about them but from what I was told by Mike and what I did find out about them on IS, I figured it was worth taking a road trip. So this morning my son did just that, down to Merrimack to the Ice Hole we went to check them out first hand.

Well I really liked the set up design and the quality of the Nor’easter set up so I bought it. This road trip also gave me a chance to check out Mikes tip-ups first hand which are just as sweet and looks to be very well made as well. Now I can see myself buying a set of tip-ups (fold up style) really soon ;)

Not sure if Mike has the chance to get on here to read post but if he does....THANKS! My trap order will be coming your way ;)

I'm Old Enough To Know Better...But Young Enough Not To Care.

Offline SmellsLikeFishNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Indian Hill
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2011, 12:22 PM »
I have a Noreaster...used it all winter last year when i had the opportunity to do so. Its a neat design and works well...the only problem I have with it is its a little awkward to store cause of the trigger mechanism doesn't really fold away anywhere it just sticks out from the side, and I get paranoid about bending it...but its constructed well and I'm just being overly cautious about it and probably don't need to.

Offline icefishingNH

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Preparation + Opportunity = Luck
« Reply #2 on: Dec 16, 2011, 01:29 PM »
Yeah I hear ya on that but I think it's made well enough that I'd have to be really rough with it (or let my 3 yr old son get a hold of it) in order to mess it up. Mine will be hauled in the trap basket ;D
I'm Old Enough To Know Better...But Young Enough Not To Care.

Offline FishingNewEngland

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fishing New England
« Reply #3 on: Dec 16, 2011, 01:31 PM »
I'm sure Mike will see this and appreciate the kind words. He's a great guy and works very hard to provide only the best ice fishing gear he can!

Offline xjma

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2011, 01:56 PM »
He's gets on here on occasion, 'powow' or something like that I believe.

IHs are made by a fellow ice fishermen because he wasn't happy with the quality of the stuff that was on the market.  It took him years of testing all sorts of different designs before he started selling his, and the quality shows.  They're not mass produced in a factory.

Offline SmellsLikeFishNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 16, 2011, 02:03 PM »
I met him and his dad last year at The Ice Hole...a truly family run business!

Offline Powow

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 16, 2011, 05:45 PM »
I met him and his dad last year at The Ice Hole...a truly family run business!
That was my father in law.  Thanks guys

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.