Author Topic: not good....  (Read 743 times)

Offline CJiceaddict

• Team IceShanty Addict
not good....
« on: Dec 15, 2011, 05:53 AM »
Nothing like gettin the big ol' middle finger from mother nature.... :%$#!: Warm rain from Orford to Lebanon this morning. Unless it gets really, really cold, I have serious doubts for fishing next week and Christmas, at least in the upper valley area....

Offline newfound

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: not good....
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2011, 06:07 AM »
I hear yah.  I was on my way at 5am to pick up my dad for the last day of archery.  Then it started raining.  Not gonna try tracking a wounded deer in the rain.  Turned around, and now will spend most of the day adding some windows to my Shack.
NB

Offline masspike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2011, 06:49 AM »
this weather is terrible....i have familly in litttleton i may have to take that ride soon
a bad day of fishing....is better than a good day @ work

Offline GraniteStateJoe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2011, 07:20 AM »
this weather is terrible....i have familly in litttleton i may have to take that ride soon

I'm not that far from there and everything looks ruined up here as of this morning.

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 15, 2011, 07:22 AM »
the ice I was standing on the other day is gone...   :'(
Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline MTPockets

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 15, 2011, 07:59 AM »
Yeah this isn't good. Just watched the rain come in and wipe the ice off Arlington Pond. It was about half way across. First the seagulls were standing then they dropped and started floating. Come on Mother Nature! You can't doooooo ittt!!!!!

Offline GraniteBass

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 16, 2011, 06:34 AM »
I think it is time to rethink our strategy.

Looking at this old educational video from South America, I have to ask, anyone has some spare bales of hay lying around?

“There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.” - Steven Wright

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 16, 2011, 07:33 AM »
Someone asked me recently if I was thinking about buying a couple thousand blocks of ice and making a raft... I laughed at first, then thought about it... then laughed again.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.