Author Topic: Otter Customer Service?  (Read 726 times)

Offline Willhound

• IceShanty Rookie
Otter Customer Service?
« on: Dec 14, 2011, 07:18 PM »
Anybody have any input on Otter support? I started putting my Otter Team Wild 2 together yesterday. First snag I hit, and first call to support was because one of the mounting bars for the bench seat was too long, overhanging the ends of the sled tub by about an inch and a half, an issue that I did see mentioned in other posts. The second call was when putting the front centre wind support bar in place. It was way too long. Should have been about 27", the one I had was more like 41".

When I called, I was put through to a lady in customer support who was very friendly but seemed vague on how to fix the issues. After getting my e-mail address she said she'd pass on my issues to the R&D department for follow up?

What? Seems pretty simple to me. Just send the right parts. And a mailing slip if you want the other one's back.
Thought I would at least get an e-mail today to say, Hey, don't worry, we're working on it, but nothing.

Do I just need to cool it and hang on for a few days?

Offline WildOutdoorAddict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Owner NEPL, Pro-Staff for PK Lures & Bobby Garland
Re: Otter Customer Service?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14, 2011, 07:23 PM »
I love my wild 1,,but I needed a couple parts also..and I had to almost reach through the phone and grab ahold of the dudes to get their attention. I took a bunch of phone calls to get my stuff. Kept saying stuff was on back order etc.

Offline Willhound

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2011, 08:08 AM »
Thanks W.O.A.
So how long over all did it take? Doesn't look like ice for at least a few weeks, but don't want to miss any of what could be a short season either.  :'(

Offline openingact

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • A bad day fishing beats a good day working!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2011, 11:24 AM »
Had some issues with them as well with parts. Had a bolt on one of the pivots break. They sent me a new one fairly fast though.

Offline UP jigstick

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 15, 2011, 11:43 AM »
I gotta agree that not having the right parts to finish the assembly is not good, but a hacksaw may be a quicker solution.

Offline Willhound

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 16, 2011, 08:26 AM »
I likely could cut and remount the wind support bar, but the plastic clips are a press fit into the aluminum and if I break one getting it out, I'm screwed. And the seat support bar is 1 1/4" steel bent at both ends on a 90. So cutting won't help.
Besides, not my job.
A) they need better inspection of their packages. And
B) light a fire under customer service to get going on follow up faster.

It's been 4 days now with no word back. Think I'll call again and be nice but firm, before I go thermo-nuclear.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.