Author Topic: wanting to start a tourny in np  (Read 1102 times)

Offline Flynfish816

• IceShanty Rookie
wanting to start a tourny in np
« on: Dec 13, 2011, 11:12 PM »
just wanting to know what it takes to put on an ice tourny i had a buddy pass away last febuary in a car accident he was an  avaide fisherman i was wanting to set up a memorial terny for his familey where he left behind a 1 yr old son any info or avanues to how to aproch this would be greatly appresated

Offline Sandbilly

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: wanting to start a tourny in np
« Reply #1 on: Dec 13, 2011, 11:32 PM »
Sorry about your friend.  :tipup:

Start here with the G&P

http://outdoornebraska.ne.gov/fishing/guides/fishguide/fgtourneylist.asp

What lake are you thinking of?

dc

Offline Spark

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 14, 2011, 08:02 AM »
Game and Parks would be a start, but I would contact some of these other guys that are putting on tourneys.  I know Gary Ober from the Royal fishing tourney would have info, that tourney has bee around 30 years.  His number is on the tourney form in the Nebraska new and info section.  A tourney would be a great benifit, may take a year or so to get going but once the word gets out it will grow.  Good Luck and let us know.

Offline efrey

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 14, 2011, 10:51 AM »
If you can get a tourney going, I know a few teams that would be up for it, me a partner or mine usually have to travel along way from home to find them(Merritt, mobridge) one close to home would be great!!! Of there's any thing I can do to help, let me know!!

Offline Flynfish816

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 14, 2011, 01:50 PM »
im not sure what lake i was think maybe welfleet thats the only good pan fish lake around here. or maybe fire lake but it mostly trout and it would be tuff to judge a bunch of 6 to 8 inch fish. if anyone from around here has any ideas let me know thanks

Offline efrey

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 14, 2011, 06:28 PM »
Maloney????? It may not ne the best, but it is very fishable and it's big enough to have quite a few teams on it, it could be set up similar to merritts with one walleye per team, one bass, and 25 panfish, just make sure you exclude catfish, that usually turns into a problem with one cat fish winning the tourney. Just a thought!??!!

Offline Flynfish816

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 15, 2011, 10:40 AM »
i thought about maloney but how safes the ice get i have to send in a form to lincoln and if they have any question on saftey the permit will be denide, thats why i was kinda thinkn welfleet or cooks pond where the ice usaully stays fairlly thick

Offline efrey

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 15, 2011, 05:43 PM »
O know as of Monday there was between four and five inches. Don't know how long it will last with the weather were having!!

Offline Cheebz10

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 15, 2011, 06:40 PM »
I grew up in NP and I would defantly get int he tourny and know some guys around omaha that would come to the the tourny for sure so keep us updated on when are where you would like to have the tourny.
Can't be explained only experienced!

Offline hoffy68

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 16, 2011, 01:04 AM »
Just got a bunch of gear this year and would love to use it.  Let me know if you nail down the date.  Thanks

Offline Flynfish816

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 16, 2011, 11:20 AM »
just got the tourny form fax off to lincoln yesterday shooting for welflete lake febuary 11 if we are aproved 30 dallar entry fee two man teams more info to come

Offline efrey

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 16, 2011, 11:49 AM »
Sounds like a great plan, let is know if it is a go!!

Offline Spark

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 16, 2011, 12:02 PM »
Let us know, I'm in if it's a go.

Offline Eastwesterner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 16, 2011, 02:56 PM »
in order to raise more funds, many tourneys have a calcutta the night before the tourney.  Thats why they are on Sundays.  It gives teams a chance to travel, fish one day, and donate more money at the supper the night before.
Where's the ice

Offline thorson

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 16, 2011, 04:05 PM »
I truly hope they reject you application for a tourney at wellfleet. Much, much to small of a lake to hold an event like that.  Hell its crowded with 10 groups let alone a tournament crowd.  Sorry just my 2 cents please let me know if i can help with any other tournament site you can come up with tho, and I DO mean that.
Life is short, fish hard!

Offline turbo69420

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Dec 16, 2011, 04:17 PM »
welfleet has got to be bigger than the pond that they hold a tourny in grand island, i think it is just an interstate pond!

Offline bigfishon

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Dec 17, 2011, 01:12 AM »
Bring on the tourney!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.