The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Perch Assault Tournament Discussion and Info  (Read 51140 times)

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
Re: Perch Assault Tournament Discussion and Info
« Reply #90 on: Feb 22, 2012, 09:24 AM »
Just a couple of reminders for you folks fishing the tournament...

Check your mail the next day or so for the postcard.  If you are entered this year, or have ever entered one, you should get one.

NEW fishing LICENSES as of March 1st!!!  They are on sale now.  YOU CANNOT KEEP ANYTHING OTHER THAN PERCH after March 1st. (Check the regs)

If you are motorized on the lake, your vehicles must have current registration.  Remember, If you get cited by law enforcement for anything, you will be disqualified from the event...

PLEASE remember the pre fishing ban that begins Thursday evening at 6:45 PM.    You should not even be on the lake from 6:45 Thurs eve until the start of the event.  This includes driving across/over the lake to get to the start area.

The rules meeting will be at Snappy's Friday night at 6:00 PM.  At least one team member must be present.  Bring your $20 for Saturday's (optional) big fish pot.  There WILL be prizes ;D

Team inspection will begin at the Boat house below the lodge at 6:00 AM.  Please have your gear ready to be examined, it goes quicker if we dont have to wait for you to dig out your coolers, tackle bags etc.  We will look in/at ANYTHING that could hold water and fish.

We will start the event at 6:45.

Please let Meg and Mike at the lodge know that you enjoy having the event there.  And spend a couple of bucks, even if its just to buy a coke or a beer. (I know some of you don't need ANY encouragement in that area!!! ;)   

And I would love to hear your feedback on how you are treated over the course of the weekend, BUT PLEASE don't air it out here if it's negative, just PM or email me.

I am REALLY looking forward to this event.  Last year was, I feel, one of the best Perch Assault's ever and this 2 day format is something I really enjoy.

Special thanks to all the sponsor's who make the Perch Assaults a success.
StrikeMaster, Frabill, HT, Berkley, Snappy Sport Senter, Captains Marine, Petes Tackle Shop, Painters Express, A Able Fishing Charters and Tours and of course The Flathead Chapter of Walleyes Unlimited!

See you all real soon!

Mike and Cindy Howe
If I\'m not fishing, I\'m probably thinking about fishing...And if I\'m thinking about fishing, I\'m probably not getting much else done so, I might as well go fishing...Yeah, I just said that!

Offline Fowl Play

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #91 on: Feb 23, 2012, 09:38 AM »
Sounds good don't have to twist my arm to hard when mentioning the word cocktail. The wife says tell them boys to wear thier big boy pants this and order drinks that don't have fruit in em.
When you guys headed up, changed our plan and are going up Wednesday night so we can fish Thrus. and they gunna go try and play on a differrent lake Friday. If anyone else is kicking around and wants to fish friday or has any sugestions as to where we should go feel free to shout out.

Fruit or no fruit, I think I'll try to drink quite a bit less of everything except water this year!!!

Offline 24-7 Fishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #92 on: Feb 23, 2012, 05:53 PM »
What time is the weigh in for each day??

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #93 on: Feb 23, 2012, 10:57 PM »
2:00PM Verizon time!
If I\'m not fishing, I\'m probably thinking about fishing...And if I\'m thinking about fishing, I\'m probably not getting much else done so, I might as well go fishing...Yeah, I just said that!

Offline steelerod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #94 on: Feb 27, 2012, 08:06 PM »
should be at LMR in 48 hours give or take. Can't wait to get there, and the wife might be more excited than me :clap: :thumbsup: :clap:

Offline Ketchnrelease

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #95 on: Feb 27, 2012, 08:16 PM »
Its nice to hear there's some excitement out there!  I can't wait, such a good time and great tournament!

Offline steelerod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #96 on: Feb 27, 2012, 08:23 PM »
Doesn't seem to be near the hype and chat on here like last year but I'm ready.

Offline wallinuts

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Love those big winter females
« Reply #97 on: Feb 29, 2012, 12:58 PM »
Got my post card so I guess I'm in.  I can't wait haven't been on the ice all year so looking forward to some fishing.  Gonna use all my luck for the season this weekend.  See you guys on the ice.

Offline cast and blast

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #98 on: Feb 29, 2012, 02:59 PM »
Thanks Mike for organizing and doing all of this.  My new partner is Paul Murphy.  I tired to email you on the address I had and it came back not deliverable at your centry21 address.  For all of you reading this, the perch fishing just picked up and is really good right now.  This will be a BIG fish weekend.  Good luck everyone!

Fire and Ice

Offline DanDANthefisherman1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Live to fish
« Reply #99 on: Feb 29, 2012, 06:18 PM »
Have fun everyone. Wish I could have made it out there this year. Last year was a blast !
                                                                                                       Dan Team Argo

Offline cast and blast

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #100 on: Mar 01, 2012, 01:51 PM »
Did you see I changed my name to Cast and Blast.  You now are the only DanDan the Fisherman! 

Fire and Ice is my team name.  Look for it in the headlines!

Offline wallinuts

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #101 on: Mar 01, 2012, 09:53 PM »
Mike how many teams do you have entered.  Leaving at 12:00 tomorrow can't wait to hit the road.

Offline wallinuts

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #102 on: Mar 04, 2012, 09:22 PM »
Great Tournament as always Mike.  Thanks to you and your wife and the rest of the board for the great weekend of tourney action.  If some of you guys on here have never fished a perch assault event you need to consider doing so.  These tournaments are some of the best I have ever fished.  Next year plan a to attend a perch assault tourney and get prepared to have some fun.  Have a safe rest of the season.

Offline iceholer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #103 on: Mar 04, 2012, 10:19 PM »
 :( :( :( i agree great time i'm going to miss it good luck to all in the future  thanks mike
when hell freezes over ill ice fish there to

Offline HVFD14

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Don't ask...I can't tell.
« Reply #104 on: Mar 05, 2012, 09:17 AM »
:( :( :( i agree great time i'm going to miss it good luck to all in the future  thanks mike

Where ya headed iceholer?
  BE THERE!

Offline iceholer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #105 on: Mar 05, 2012, 09:41 AM »
I'm not going anywear just not fishing the tournament seen for a while going to spend my money somewhere else like devils or peck or tung bring the family and make a trip out of it moneys allways better spent when its on the family hit some of those lakes that i keep putting off because I'm saving up for the tournament run besides the other anglers need a chance to win some money ;D just kidn good luck out there be safe this end of season     'icehole'
when hell freezes over ill ice fish there to

Offline cast and blast

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #106 on: Mar 05, 2012, 01:45 PM »
Thanks Mike,  Cindy and the board.  Great time, as usual. 

Offline steelerod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #107 on: Mar 05, 2012, 07:07 PM »
Thanks so much Mike, Cindy and everyone else involved had a great time once again, short of coming home and desiding I may have to forgotin how to fish. Was great meeting new people and having a few(maybe a few to many) with friends from last year. Iceholer give me a heads up on that trip to Devils Lake next year sounds like fun. Thanks once again to everyone.

Offline Ketchnrelease

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #108 on: Mar 05, 2012, 08:08 PM »
I had a ball again this year!  Thanks to Mike, Cindy, Steve and the whole crew, and also the crew from LMR Lodge!  This was a "vacation" I really needed and surely enjoyed everyone's company.  Great times! 

Offline steelerod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #109 on: Mar 05, 2012, 08:16 PM »
I had a ball again this year!  Thanks to Mike, Cindy, Steve and the whole crew, and also the crew from LMR Lodge!  This was a "vacation" I really needed and surely enjoyed everyone's company.  Great times!
Next year you guys should try the two day tourny.  :clap: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :thumbsup: the smileys remind me of us trying to get through the parking lot saturday night

Offline adam_mcd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #110 on: Mar 05, 2012, 08:19 PM »
Next year you guys should try the two day tourny.  :clap: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :thumbsup: the smileys remind me of us trying to get through the parking lot saturday night

Now thats funny right there, I don't care who you are.

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #111 on: Mar 05, 2012, 11:15 PM »
There were quite a few "scratches" on Sunday...Thanks everyone for all the kind words.  This year definately had its ups and downs...and I'm not talking about all the parking lot mishaps :o

I have posted the complete season results @ www.perchassault.com

Had to sort it by the season point totals, so you will have to search for your Day one, Day two and weekend totals.

It was great to see a lot of new folks this year, we will see you all in 2013.

The Perch Assault Crew.

Offline fish to live

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Im on the ice right now, or wishing i was
« Reply #112 on: Mar 06, 2012, 09:52 PM »
Thanks mike for a good time, Jr loves his new Vexlar. :) I'm headed to devils lake next week ...  should end the year with a  :)
Every one can go fishing, " not every one can catch fish

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #113 on: Mar 06, 2012, 10:12 PM »
Thanks mike for a good time, Jr loves his new Vexlar. :) I'm headed to devils lake next week ...  should end the year with a  :)

AWESOME!  Travel safe and slay a few for me!  And Jr. definately has a new buddy for LIFE by drawing Hoov's number to win that Lazer Mag!!!

Offline whiptail

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #114 on: Mar 07, 2012, 08:36 AM »
 :icefish:Mike thank you and Cindy and the board for a great season ending on the ice. Me and my partner had a blast. I'm on more in the future  Congrats to the winners of Sat and Sun.     ;D :clap: WHIPTAIL
Whiptail
Pete's Tackle Shop

Offline cast and blast

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #115 on: Mar 07, 2012, 04:32 PM »
Mike,

What about an invitational tournament next year.  That way the board can invite only who they want and if they are not invited they cannot participate.  Just a thought.  It may help with any questionable entry. ;) ;)

Offline MTblackice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #116 on: Mar 07, 2012, 08:48 PM »
Mike,

I just went thru the results from the LMR tournament and I didnt see our team listed anywhere. We were team #66 and I believe we had 7.92 lbs. If that true it looks to me like we came in 19th for the weekend. Not to bad for never fishing there before I think.

Thanks for a great tourney.

Steve

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #117 on: Mar 07, 2012, 11:01 PM »
Those guys from Big Timber were supposed to help me with the posting of the results...but they never showed up :o

I'll check it out and see what happened, it's kind of a mess, 'cause we had to choose from 2-3 different ways to sort it so we could post on the website.

Stand by...

Offline Ketchnrelease

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #118 on: Mar 08, 2012, 08:17 AM »
OOPS!  Sorry Mike, dropped the ball on that one!  I'm gonna go ahead and pass the blame on to Steve and his crew for getting us sidetracked.  Little too much fun up there for us to handle!

Offline wallydog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #119 on: Mar 08, 2012, 10:51 AM »
You can lead a Ketch to water, but you can't make him fish.... drink, yes, but fish, no.    (and apparently you can't make him help you either!)    Way to make Big Timber proud.   :bow:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.