The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Perch Assault Tournament Discussion and Info  (Read 51163 times)

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
Re: Perch Assault Tournament Discussion and Info
« Reply #150 on: Feb 08, 2013, 07:53 AM »
Guys and Gals,

Remember to get your entries in ASAP! We will not be accepting applications after Feb 17th...I really don't want to have to tell someone the Thursday before that the deadline changed :o, so PLEASE help me spread the word ;D

Deadline foe Feb 23 event at Middle Thompson=Feb 17th at Snappys before they close at 6 PM

Deadline for Mar 2nd event at Lake Mary Ronan- Feb 24th at Snappy's before they close at 6PM

If you are mailing, please get them mailed at least 4 days before the deadline...

We have some GREAT prizes to give away at the next two events, like HT Polar Fire suits, Frabil Ice Houses and lots, lots, more!

Remember, the more people entered, the more $$$ given back!

Mike
www.perchassault.com
If I\'m not fishing, I\'m probably thinking about fishing...And if I\'m thinking about fishing, I\'m probably not getting much else done so, I might as well go fishing...Yeah, I just said that!

Offline Perchslayer1990

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #151 on: Feb 16, 2013, 12:55 PM »
Why did you switch the Mary Ronan to a one day tournament?

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #152 on: Feb 16, 2013, 08:46 PM »
We tried the two dayer for two years and it was deemed a LOT of work, and tough on everyone involved, volunteers, anglers, equipment, etc.  The first year we did it, it was our only event, and the next year it was our third event.

Our original format was three single day events and that is what we have gone back to. And a good thing as this year due to ice conditions and rescheduling of events, we have two weekends back to back and having the second weekend be a two dayer...might have been my last tournament!
If I\'m not fishing, I\'m probably thinking about fishing...And if I\'m thinking about fishing, I\'m probably not getting much else done so, I might as well go fishing...Yeah, I just said that!

Offline Perchslayer1990

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #153 on: Feb 17, 2013, 12:18 PM »
Ok just wondering had a great time last year at the two day event but a one day event should be a lot of fun too.

Offline perchSlayer95

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • team montana fishing team
« Reply #154 on: Feb 18, 2013, 03:27 PM »
how many signed up for the LMR tournament so far

sittin here waitin on a flag drinkin beer and wastin propane

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #155 on: Feb 18, 2013, 07:13 PM »
About 20...

Pretty dissapointing turnout for this weekends Middle Thompson event, only 32 teams.  LMR tends to be our best attended events so I am sure as the week progresses, we will get more teams.

REMEMBER, entries must be in by this Sunday, Feb 24th, for the March 2nd event...

Mike

Offline H-glow

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #156 on: Feb 19, 2013, 06:48 PM »
PA why dont you and the wife fish it then team number 1 would excuse the late entry

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #157 on: Feb 19, 2013, 10:38 PM »
We have discussed it...Lots of variables/reasons why we don't, but we just might ;D

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #158 on: Feb 21, 2013, 10:19 PM »
DON'T LISTEN TO THE RADIO... ::) I mean...don't listen to what they are saying about this weekends Perch Assault!

With cancelling and rescheduling, it seems there are some internet sites and radio stations that are reporting this weekends event is at SMITH LAKE...it's NOT.
We are at MIDDLE THOMPSON this weekend...trust what your read ONLY if I am posting, here, our facebook page and our website...

Still time to get registered for NEXT weekends tournament at Lake Mary Ronan...lets try and hit 50 teams for our final event

Mike
www.perchassault.com

Offline Pastor B

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #159 on: Feb 21, 2013, 11:21 PM »
I'll be there!
Play hard!  Pray hard!

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #160 on: Feb 22, 2013, 12:22 PM »
39 teams...had 40 at Smith so at least we are consistant!

Lets top 50 for LMR!

Mike

Offline wallinuts

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Love those big winter females
« Reply #161 on: Feb 22, 2013, 10:11 PM »
Mike,

What time is the rules meeting next week at snappy's for the LMR assault?

Thanks

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #162 on: Feb 24, 2013, 06:46 PM »
NO rules meeting the night before...we will do a brief meeting before we release teams Sat morning.

Start time will be 645, inspection begins at 600AM

Offline wallinuts

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #163 on: Feb 24, 2013, 08:40 PM »
Sounds good thanks Mike

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #164 on: Feb 24, 2013, 10:33 PM »
See Ya Saturday...or more likely Friday night!

Offline wallinuts

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #165 on: Feb 25, 2013, 09:28 AM »
Definitely friday night can't wait to hit the ice on saturday.

Offline fish to live

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Im on the ice right now, or wishing i was
« Reply #166 on: Feb 25, 2013, 11:09 AM »
When is last chance to enter sat turny
Every one can go fishing, " not every one can catch fish

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #167 on: Feb 25, 2013, 05:40 PM »
Have to have your paid entry in at Snappys no later than closing Thursday night. At this point, I wouldn't trust mailing it to get to me by Thursday...

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #168 on: Mar 03, 2013, 06:58 AM »
CONGRATULATIONS to Chancy Jeschke and Steve Hill on their event win and overall Championship earned at yesterdays Lake Mary Ronan Perch Assault.
They came from a ways back and caught 7.28 pounds to dominate the day and score the season championship with 15.12 total pounds.
Good job guys!

Offline wallinuts

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #169 on: Mar 03, 2013, 08:17 PM »
Congrats Chancy and Steve way to get r done.

Offline cast and blast

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #170 on: Mar 04, 2013, 06:28 AM »
Great job Chancy and Steve.  It could'nt happen to two nicer guys.  Well, at least we caught enough to stay in second place.  And that secret hook did it again!

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #171 on: Apr 27, 2013, 07:46 AM »
Getting ready to submit permits for 2014 series...

Dates I am applying for are
Jan 25th
Feb 22nd
Mar 8th (Possible 2 day event to include 9th)

If you know other folks who put on tournaments, please ask them to try and schedule their events this year to avoid conflicts with our tournaments. We do everything we can to schedule our events to not conflict with like events in our local area, so if you can work with other event organizers to help us avoid conflicts, it just helps YOU be able to attend more events. I realize there are only so many weekends...

Remember, these dates are NOT yet approved by Montana FWP, I am just posting them so everyone knows what we are applying for.  The lakes will be announced once approvals are granted.

Mike
www.perchassault.com

Offline steelerod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #172 on: Apr 27, 2013, 10:19 AM »
Sure Canyon Ferry will be that last weekend in January too. Also willow creek has been the same weekend the lasthat out  t2 years. just thought i would put there. A 2 dayer would be good!

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #173 on: Apr 27, 2013, 04:42 PM »
Yeah, I realize the conflict with CF, but that is the only weekend I have in January, and the last two years ice has been an issue around here until well into Jan...and Hebgen will be the weekend before that and I have to defend my second place there! ::)
Second day of March event might be a completely different format, but we will cross that ice heave when we get there ;D :o

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #174 on: Aug 26, 2013, 11:42 PM »
Still waiting for FINAL ice tournament dates to be approved...BUT, everyone will want to plan on being in the Kalispell area Friday night Feb 21st.  We will be hosting a pre party featuring one of the US's most prominent ice fishing personalities. He will be spending the week here filming 2-3 episodes for his television show on the Sportsmans channel featuring ice fishing in NW Montana.  The Friday night event will feature seminars, give aways and an opportunity to meet other Montana ice enthusiasts.  You won't want to miss this event, whether you participate in this tournament or not.

Brought to you by the folks who bring you Montana's premier ice fishing series, the Perch Assault!  Stay tuned for MORE!!!

Mike
www.perchassault.com
www.aablefishing.com

Offline JayHelfrich

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • My kids can out fish you!
« Reply #175 on: Sep 28, 2013, 01:29 AM »
Nice Mike!

Jay
Take a kid fishing.

Kids that hunt, fish, and trap don't rob anyone's grandma!

Offline Hardwaterassault

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #176 on: Oct 01, 2013, 09:47 PM »
Sounds Great! I'm planning on it!

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #177 on: Oct 02, 2013, 08:36 PM »
Approvals in hand!
Smith Lake Jan 25
Upper Upper Thompson Feb 22
Lake Mary Ronan Mar

Entry forms on the web site soon

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #178 on: Nov 22, 2013, 07:30 AM »
Heading back west with the Tackle Truck today. If anyone from Billings, Bozeman, Butte or even Helena needs anything send me a PM...I'll get ya set up with Tournament winning gear!

Mike

Offline Onefish wonder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #179 on: Nov 27, 2013, 12:55 PM »
Will there be a perch assault on francis this year and if so will the derby be better regulated?
Just Feedn'em

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.