The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Ft peck crooked creek  (Read 2780 times)

Offline gonehunting97

• Team IceShanty Regular
Ft peck crooked creek
« on: Dec 05, 2011, 08:05 PM »
I just moved back to Montana from being gone most of my adult life.. And I have been dreaming about a ice trip to peck. I am looking for pointers(do's and dont's)  how to get there what kind of gear to bring where to stay etc. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks guys...

Bullelk34

Re: Ft peck crooked creek
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2011, 08:08 PM »
At Crooked Creek, you're staying in your truck or on the ice. Did that alot years ago, always had fun and caught a bunch of fish.

Offline TJet Apprentice45

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 2011, 08:38 PM »
If you call ahead you can rent one of the cabins that are set up at Crooked Creek (North out of winnett), I don't have the number here at home, but if I can find it tomorrow I'll post it.  I know the guy renting them was also selling minnows at his house in Winnett last winter.  If you have a camper, you can take it in as well, but watch the last hill, if it's slick I'd suggest chains and a prayer.  if you don't want to attempt the hill there are a couple flat spots on top just off the CMR that would also make for a good camping spot, just a little longer four wheeler/truck ride to the lake.  Hell Creek is another option, little more of a drive for us billings guys, but Clint has some great cabins and can also guide you to some great fishing.
Can't wait for Peck to freeze up, it was -3 in Winnett this morning at 6am... Shouldn't be to long if that keeps up.
Slugs "N" Sinkers Jet Boating

Offline Krakkon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 05, 2011, 08:45 PM »
I did that hill out of crooked creek last year with my 30 foot fifth wheel and my trailer with 2 4 wheelers behind that on sheer ice!.. I took 2 shots put the cap back on then held her to the wood and closed my eyes!

Offline ICEO

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 05, 2011, 09:00 PM »
Krakkon You forgot thr part where you said "Here hold my bottel and watch this!!!" :o

Offline TJet Apprentice45

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 06, 2011, 10:31 AM »
Hahaha... That sounds about right, that hill has caused some serious amounts of seat upholstery to be lost where the sun don't shine over the years.

Oh and the name of the guy running the cabins at Crooked Cr. last year was Bob, with Bob’s Bait Shop 406-429-2086.  And, like I said he had minnows for a while, but make sure to call ahead.
Slugs "N" Sinkers Jet Boating

Offline ottertrapper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 14, 2011, 07:47 PM »
8 inches of ice out there as of Tuesday. Caught 4 pike biggest was 39 inches. 

Offline Krakkon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 14, 2011, 07:54 PM »
Nice! thats good to know... Thanks

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.