Author Topic: NEW INSULATED CLAM BAIT BUCKET  (Read 4260 times)

Offline LilWeezy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • SHUT UP AND FISH
NEW INSULATED CLAM BAIT BUCKET
« on: Dec 02, 2011, 12:08 PM »
HAS ANYONE USED OR BOUGHT ONE I JUST ORDERED ONE WAS LOOKING FOR SOME REVIEWS

Offline dylan8351

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Its got some weight to it!
Re: NEW INSULATED CLAM BAIT BUCKET
« Reply #1 on: Dec 02, 2011, 02:34 PM »
I like the idea of not spilling all my water on a bumpy road out to the fishing hole but for longer rides make sure you give them fish some air!
I'll keep my guns, freedom, and money. You can keep "The Change"

Offline LilWeezy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • SHUT UP AND FISH
« Reply #2 on: Dec 02, 2011, 08:59 PM »
lol right i bought the 1.25 gallon one should hold 2 dozen without a problem

Offline fordkisskrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 02, 2011, 09:06 PM »
let us know what you think, I was thinking about getting one also.

Offline jurrensb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 02, 2011, 09:14 PM »
I played with one in a store and didnt like the lid.  Didnt have any place to grip it.  One of the buckets I couldnt even get the lid unscrewed. 
"Angling is extremely time consuming. That's sort of the whole point." - Thomas McGuane

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 03, 2011, 07:55 AM »
Which one are you talking about? They have a 1/2 gallon Bait Well and 3 different sizes of insulated bait buckets.

Just my opinion here but frozen zippers are a true PITA and I want nothing to do with messing around with zipper out on the ice. When ever I get a flag my bucket and scoop come with me and need to be ready to go quick and painless. I use a basic plastic bucket with a Styrofoam inner liner and it works great. On very cold days it comes in the pop up to keep from icing over.

Cool idea about being spill proof but once you learn how to lock the bait pail in for transport you will not have much problems with it tipping over.
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Offline LilWeezy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • SHUT UP AND FISH
« Reply #6 on: Dec 03, 2011, 01:07 PM »
very true about the zipper freezing thing i have a auger case with a zipper but only have to open it once and its not around water like the bait bucket is ill just keep the zipper undone i got the gallon and a quarter one

Offline jurrensb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 03, 2011, 02:02 PM »
Doesnt soap on the zipper help?
"Angling is extremely time consuming. That's sort of the whole point." - Thomas McGuane

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Dec 03, 2011, 02:23 PM »
Doesnt soap on the zipper help?

My bait love soap and being clean so I can work my zipper! Fish that eat my bait? NOT SO MUCH!

Offline J_Jaacks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 03, 2011, 08:08 PM »
I played with one in a store and didnt like the lid.  Didnt have any place to grip it.  One of the buckets I couldnt even get the lid unscrewed.
I had the same thing happen. I thought it sound like a good idea. I will stick with my foam containers.

Offline wolfpak3770

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Spike Em Joey!!!
« Reply #10 on: Dec 04, 2011, 11:09 AM »
I did the same thing, can't imagine playing with that thing in freezing temps.
👮👮👮

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 06, 2011, 08:40 AM »
i dont uderstand how the lid wouldnt freeze on.i have used a water cooler in the past and had that problem.

Offline cousin eddie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 06, 2011, 11:30 AM »
Played with one in the store, too.  Nice concept but I too am worried about both the lid and zipper freezing.  The lid itself was a PITA to get unscrewed in the store, can't imagine trying to rebait a tip up in freezing temps.  If the bucket actually attached to the insulated wrap it might be different but I still found myself having to reach in or pull the whole bucket out to get a grip on it to unscrew the lid.  Right now I just a run a small Coleman cooler with a flip lid for my crappie minners and 5 gallon pail with foam liner for the bigger minners.

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Dec 06, 2011, 11:58 AM »
I always wonder when these companies have board meeting to decide on new products to go with or pass on if there is not a bunch of stuffed shirts from the central office making these decisions. I'm talking about guys who grew up in Florida or some other part of the world where they never got to go ice fishing.

About the last thing I need when I am out on the ice, freezing my rear off after re setting a trap is a bait bucket I have to beat or use my chipper to get opened.

We have a guy in our circle of buddies who is doing pretty good and loves to take up new hobbies that we enjoy. We nick named him Mr. Cabela's. He will walk out on the ice dressed to the gills in all the latest and greatest fashion and with all the newest gadgets that he has no clue how to use or even if they are worth the weight of dragging them. I will be willing to bet he already has one of these buckets and we will bust his chops while he is fighting to get the lid off or the zipper to work. It's all good and he is a great sport but he can't drag all his stuff by himself and he can't lift his pop up in or out of the truck without help.

Offline eyestroker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • McHenry County, IL
« Reply #14 on: Dec 06, 2011, 07:48 PM »
I always wonder when these companies have board meeting to decide on new products to go with or pass on if there is not a bunch of stuffed shirts from the central office making these decisions. I'm talking about guys who grew up in Florida or some other part of the world where they never got to go ice fishing.

About the last thing I need when I am out on the ice, freezing my rear off after re setting a trap is a bait bucket I have to beat or use my chipper to get opened.

We have a guy in our circle of buddies who is doing pretty good and loves to take up new hobbies that we enjoy. We nick named him Mr. Cabela's. He will walk out on the ice dressed to the gills in all the latest and greatest fashion and with all the newest gadgets that he has no clue how to use or even if they are worth the weight of dragging them. I will be willing to bet he already has one of these buckets and we will bust his chops while he is fighting to get the lid off or the zipper to work. It's all good and he is a great sport but he can't drag all his stuff by himself and he can't lift his pop up in or out of the truck without help.

Sounds like a good bud to have,  I'd be bending his ear in the right direction, then helping him unload "his" gear to catch some fish........   I mean If he's gonna lay down the coin on useless crap,  mine as well make it for useful gear....
"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither."  -Benjamin Franklin
"In times of change, the Patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot."  Mark Twain

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15 on: Dec 07, 2011, 05:34 PM »
guys i use a insulated bucket but you don't need to buy anything just use a plastic bag over the bucket and snap on the lid ,i think that is pretty cheap ,any grocery bag will work just what i have been using for some time now got the idea from a bud , my bucket is the large Plano , so go out and try a walmart , or similar bag ,it is an endless supply, and your worried about air i truck my bait as much as 7 miles , over crowding does more harm just an ol buzzards oppion and if you feel the need to use an areator just put a small hole in the bag so it doesn't build up pressure very little water loss

Offline huntnfishz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Dec 07, 2011, 09:14 PM »
is the frabill bucket fully enclosed or non leaking?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.