Author Topic: This place is dead!  (Read 1249 times)

Offline woody38

• Team IceShanty Regular
This place is dead!
« on: Nov 28, 2011, 08:14 PM »
Lets get some convo going here.  What are some trips you guys want to do this year?  What are your goals for the year?  Get any new gear for this year you cant wait to try out?

Offline Canadianiceguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: This place is dead!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 28, 2011, 08:18 PM »
wanna try Bay of Quinte this year at some point. i want to ice my first walleye, pike and crappie. have got lots on soft water but none on the hard. cant wait to test out my otter wild 1 man.

Offline chasepalosaari

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 28, 2011, 09:32 PM »
Get a few more trips in to LBDN with you, berg and joey! And ice more than perch and mud puppies! Got a niew HB ice45, couple rods and reels, tackle, and a new Nils 8" hand auger that everyone talks about! Hopefully my first trip this year will be saturday to a private lake that i know of!

Offline berg285

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 28, 2011, 09:55 PM »

The arsenal is ready! put together 2 new combos this year cant wait to try them out hopfully this weekend  :o Other then that just some new tackle can never have to much right....  Yeah chase iam pumped for the Noc! deffently gonna hit it hard again down there this season! Hopfully after xmas i can drop the hammer on a new gps with a lakemaster setup not sure what yet though... Hopfully everybody is geared up and ready!  :tipup:

Offline Icefisher40

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missing the U.P
« Reply #4 on: Nov 29, 2011, 06:04 AM »
Just hoping that I can find some ice when I go to visit NMU in a few weeks.

Offline browning13

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Can't get enough of the hardwater
« Reply #5 on: Nov 29, 2011, 06:49 PM »
the take down shotgun case is looking good berg, I might have to get one! As far as trips go I can't wait to get back on the noc but I've got a few other big ones planned.  I've got a buddy in Ashland and I'll be heading over there for a 3 day trip to fish the Apostle Islands sometime in Jan. I've also got a connection for Saginaw Bay and possibly a road trip down to Sturgeon Bay. Of course the biggest trip of the winter will be the spring break trip back to Lake of the Woods.  I've been dreaming a lot in the off season, we'll see how many of them actually turn out! Bring on the ice :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline browning13

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Can't get enough of the hardwater
« Reply #6 on: Nov 29, 2011, 06:53 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

The arsenal is ready! put together 2 new combos this year cant wait to try them out hopfully this weekend  :o Other then that just some new tackle can never have to much right....  Yeah chase iam pumped for the Noc! deffently gonna hit it hard again down there this season! Hopfully after xmas i can drop the hammer on a new gps with a lakemaster setup not sure what yet though... Hopfully everybody is geared up and ready!  :tipup:
Check out Garmin's site. Lakemaster michigan is on sale right now for $49.99, over half off!

Offline woody38

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 29, 2011, 09:26 PM »
I really cant wait to get down to  LBDN again this winter.  Also looking at heading down to milwaukee harbor to go after some browns and steelhead! Looking forward to to using my new 27inch UL and the tip up leaders I have been messing around with.

Offline aacosta

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Nov 30, 2011, 12:09 PM »
im new to the forum, im in houghton and have fished some around here, im looking for some good places to go and want to learn how to catch some lakers this year

Offline acrawfor

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Nov 30, 2011, 12:18 PM »
Welcome to the site aacosta.

Hoping to get up to Canada again this year for an ice trip. Went last year, didn't get much but it was fun. Owners of the cabins said fishing picked up a lot in the week after we left, so maybe we can be there at a good time this year.

Offline chasepalosaari

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Nov 30, 2011, 06:30 PM »
im new to the forum, im in houghton and have fished some around here, im looking for some good places to go and want to learn how to catch some lakers this year

You want lakers. Head to Keweenaw bay and buy yourself a gepu with 300ft wire. Find them at northwoods sporting goods in hancock or indian country sports in l'anse.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.