Author Topic: artic fisherman tipups  (Read 2902 times)

Offline jimyoumook

• Team IceShanty Addict
artic fisherman tipups
« on: Nov 26, 2011, 09:30 AM »
got the mills fleet farm catalog the other day and they have tipups from Arctic fisherman i had never heard of them was wondering if anyone has used them

Offline da man cave shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Drillin for a thrillin.
Re: artic fisherman tipups
« Reply #1 on: Nov 26, 2011, 09:46 AM »
Are you talking about the Beaver Dams.

Offline brujharr

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Nov 26, 2011, 11:03 AM »
 I have ten of them. Three that were may dad's and about forty years old. Still work like new.

Offline jimyoumook

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Nov 26, 2011, 11:15 AM »
they have them with the pirate logo on them and the local high school sports team is the pirates so i was thinking about getting 2 of em for my son for christmas

Offline littlesturgeonguy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 26, 2011, 11:54 AM »
The are the best IMO. Also something he would be able to pass down to his children some day.....Can't say that about many products anymore!

Offline newincudahy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Failure to prepare is prepairing to fail.
« Reply #5 on: Nov 26, 2011, 06:03 PM »
Artic fisherman=Beaver dam... one and the same.
Fish Now! Cuz you'll be dead a long time.

Offline Tailgunner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 27, 2011, 07:59 AM »
I have a few of these and they are great.  My question is,  How does the wooden winder gadget work?  I just saw this on the Fleet Farm page.  Thinking it would be a great tool for those really cold nights when picking up traps.  Just curious how this attaches to the spool?

Offline littlesturgeonguy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Nov 27, 2011, 08:43 AM »
I have a few of these and they are great.  My question is,  How does the wooden winder gadget work?  I just saw this on the Fleet Farm page.  Thinking it would be a great tool for those really cold nights when picking up traps.  Just curious how this attaches to the spool?
I was given a couple at a ice fishing derby, never tried them though. They are supposed to go over the top of the shaft where the trip mechanism is.

Offline fishlessman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 27, 2011, 10:26 AM »
wow those new ones are pricey :o

Offline Fish plunger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Nov 27, 2011, 01:52 PM »
Ever heard of the Bite Me Box Tip Up? Im thinking of trying those. Seems to be alot of talk about them latley.

Offline esox13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Nov 27, 2011, 02:59 PM »
wow those new ones are pricey :o

Are you talking about the 50th anniversary tip ups selling for $74.99? Can't believe they are priced that much. I'll wait to end of year when the stores will have a lot of them left due to price and pick one up cheap. Regular price is still $38.99 depending on where you get them. I own 36 Beaver Dams - quite a few are custom made boards that they use to do. Now that they sold to Uncle Josh's we will see what direction they are going to go in. I did notice on the 50th tip up they changed the spool and went with a cheaper aluminum, but did put a screw on the bottom so you can lube them yourself.

Offline fishlessman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Nov 27, 2011, 03:20 PM »
Are you talking about the 50th anniversary tip ups selling for $74.99? Can't believe they are priced that much. I'll wait to end of year when the stores will have a lot of them left due to price and pick one up cheap. Regular price is still $38.99 depending on where you get them. I own 36 Beaver Dams - quite a few are custom made boards that they used to do. Now that they sold to Uncle Josh's we will see what direction they are going to go in. I did notice on the 50th tip up they changed the spool and went with a cheaper aluminum, but did put a screw on the bottom so you can lube them yourself.

i only saw the origionals for 50 bucks direct from  artic fisherman. are they 30 dollars better than the frabrill wooden knockoffs

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Dec 02, 2011, 07:05 AM »
Yes!!!
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline Pikemaster1500

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Dec 03, 2011, 01:42 AM »
you can relube the old ones to, you just got to melt the soder off the end

Offline addicted to ice fishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Feeding my addiction one lake at a time
« Reply #14 on: Dec 03, 2011, 04:54 AM »
The mercedes of tipups!!!!!

Offline Bennettc

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Dec 04, 2011, 08:28 AM »
"i only saw the origionals for 50 bucks direct from  artic fisherman. are they 30 dollars better than the frabrill wooden knockoffs"

I have some frabills and they aren't bad.  I got the Beaver Dams because they are made in the US and last forever.

If you want Beaver Dams get them from Fleetfarm.com or in the store.

Their normal price is 39.99 and they usually will have them on sale at some point.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.