Author Topic: I Have the Ice Fever.....Come on Freezin' Temps on Buckeye Lake !!!  (Read 878 times)

Offline 2Big4HoleOH

• IceShanty Rookie
  • U ain't had one, till u used a gaffe!!!!!
Pulling the ice gear out of storage this weekend. It is time for new line, sweep out the 4-man Frabill, get the propane tanks filled, fine-tune the tip-ups, charge the Marcum and Vex, and fire-up the LazerMag...my son Sam is home from college until 2012, so we look forward to hard water on Buckeye Lake. Hopefully the saugeye show up and stay around this year...they were spotty last year making it a tough year for catching the "eyes"....resorted to blue gill and perch and did well during the Christmas Holidays. If you find yourself in the area of Fairfield Beach on the ice give us a hoot...we will have the Stars and Stripes flying above the shanty and cigar smoke coming out the shanty door...I hope to post more pictures of our hardwater fishing exploits this year. Happy Thanksgiving !!!   2 BIG
Iced

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
Doesn't look too good for ice right now does it  ???  The only ice shanty we'll be in is this site  :%$#!: What do you fish for on Buckeye Lake that might make it worth the drive from Englewood? Heck, I drive up to Indian Lake, so I might as well try Buckeye Lake also. Any other good lakes in the area?  :icefish:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline 2Big4HoleOH

• IceShanty Rookie
  • U ain't had one, till u used a gaffe!!!!!
Hey there Old Sailor:
Well, for starters there is the jumbo perch....if you can locate them you can have my fav fish sandwich. Lots of bluegill but to be honest in my opinion, Indian Lake has been a much more consistent saugeye producer than Buckeye Lake in years past. Crappie are running smaller overall but can be found at BL. Have some hybrid stripers, lm bass and of course catfish. My main target is saugeye(personal best 24" last year) on  a vibe and the jumbos. Well, gotta go get that gear ready for the ice season. Think Ice !!!
Iced

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
Thanks for the info, and make that: PRAY ICE !!!  ;D  Anyone else have $.02 worth on the subject  ???
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline firefish

• Team IceShanty Regular
Indian Lake is worth the drive, and should get ice before buckeye lake!

Offline Minnowhead

• Team IceShanty Regular
I'm too far North for Indian and Buckeye.  But I'm itching like 2Big.  I've got my Shappell out twice!  Set it up in the garage, charged my camera battery, respooled my ice line and picked up more ice jigs. LOLMy big purchase this year was an Artic Armor suit.  Just waiting for the mercury to drop now.
Confucious say: "Wise man waits till Winter to walk on water!"

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
We need ice! Like one guy on a thread on here said; his neighbors have been looking at him strangely for standing in his garage with his auger in hand making " braaaaap-brap- braaaaaap" sounds!!  ;D Let's go  :icefish:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.