Author Topic: Team CT Outing #4 - discussion  (Read 2685 times)

Offline Velcro

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The jigging snowflake
Re: Team CT Outing #4 - discussion
« Reply #30 on: Dec 09, 2011, 12:11 PM »
If I can get there  I'll be there, it's always more fun to ice fish with others.

Trooper Bri

« Reply #31 on: Dec 09, 2011, 05:51 PM »
HELL YEAH to both ideas  ;D

I talked briefly with Gary about a "cook off"... He's up for it but his idea was to have guys cook similar stuff, say chilli? What do you think?

We will definitely scrape up some type of prizes for the day, it may not be on the same scale as last year since we are already buying the prizes for the BIG tourney. I'm still talking with some tackle companies so you never know what we will come up with...

I was thinking the same thing. Chili, ultimate burger, or something like that. Would like some input from anyone interested in being an Ice Chef.

I know you guys had to tighten up some due to the economy, so I was almost hesitant to ask. I wish I had a wood shop. I'd make up wooden pike trophies like Med made for Piketoberfest and Iceholes 8. They're perfect for these social "tourneys". 

Offline miket.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ICE IS NICE
« Reply #32 on: Dec 10, 2011, 12:20 PM »
hey trooperbri, that date sounds good to me. providing i get some new wheels by then you can count me in!!! still am looking to put some faces to the names here.
hard core fanatic  Http:
http://timeanddate.com/s/1a9j

Trooper Bri

« Reply #33 on: Dec 13, 2011, 08:10 PM »
Drag yer butt up to the cove if you can Mike. Good to see you on the site again!

The signup thread will get posted Saturday guys. I want to talk with Gary and Blaine first. I'll be at Outfitters Saturday for the seminar. Any other ideas/suggestions/activities, let's hear 'em! 

Offline bugchazer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Dec 14, 2011, 02:19 AM »
date and donation fine with me . Always willing to share :tipup:

Offline miket.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ICE IS NICE
« Reply #35 on: Dec 15, 2011, 11:34 AM »
absolutely you bet bri!
hard core fanatic  Http:
http://timeanddate.com/s/1a9j

Trooper Bri

« Reply #36 on: Dec 16, 2011, 07:34 PM »
May have something else brewing.

Over on ctfisherman.com there's an annual Slabfest crappie tourney late in the season at Haddam Meadows. Well, late got later than usual this year (scheduled for this weekend) and it fell apart. Mention of having it as an ice outing was brought up. It's a casual event with a crappie tourney and fish fry. Perfect for what we do with the Team CT outing.

I'm going to put out the offer over there tonight and see what happens. Some of those guys don't ice fish, so it wouldn't be a mob out there by any stretch. Mostly people I already know out there cooking and having good times.

Opinions?

Offline Paul D.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Dec 16, 2011, 08:49 PM »
Please, not that crew  ;D ;D ;D.

Offline jss111678

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Dec 17, 2011, 06:51 AM »
i will be there, hope my son can win the auger this year if they have one. he won the shanty last year!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.