The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Spooling up the rods this morning!  (Read 567 times)

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Spooling up the rods this morning!
« on: Nov 19, 2011, 11:06 AM »
Getting some decent snow right now. Snow blower fired right up on the first pull! Sea-Foam Rules!

Got the drive cleared out and heading to Rocky Mtn Discount to pick up 6 spools of line and walk around the store. Need to find a decent reel for my new 32" St Croix laker stick too. Nothing fancy just something to get going this season and see how it goes. This year I have seven rods, couple of tip-ups and trying out an HT Ice Rigger.

Cold Snap Outdoors package hasn't arrived yet but I hope it;s here Monday so I can mess around with it too. A Snap Cover for the auger, some Reel Wraps and then I picked up some nice Rod Clamps to hold rods up and out of the way in the Pro TC. May just fire up the little buddy, flip the top over and look like an idiot in my garage later today!  :roflmao:

Offline wyo700

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Spooling up the rods this morning!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 19, 2011, 11:31 AM »
Whatever makes you happy :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: ;D ;D

Offline Sixxer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 19, 2011, 12:21 PM »
I've heard of cabin fever, but ice-fishing fever? hahaha :clap:
"Of course our rods are short, it's freezing out here!"

Offline Wyofarmer

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missin' my ol' buddy
« Reply #3 on: Nov 19, 2011, 09:04 PM »
Getting some decent snow right now. Snow blower fired right up on the first pull! Sea-Foam Rules!

Got the drive cleared out and heading to Rocky Mtn Discount to pick up 6 spools of line and walk around the store. Need to find a decent reel for my new 32" St Croix laker stick too. Nothing fancy just something to get going this season and see how it goes. This year I have seven rods, couple of tip-ups and trying out an HT Ice Rigger.

Cold Snap Outdoors package hasn't arrived yet but I hope it;s here Monday so I can mess around with it too. A Snap Cover for the auger, some Reel Wraps and then I picked up some nice Rod Clamps to hold rods up and out of the way in the Pro TC. May just fire up the little buddy, flip the top over and look like an idiot in my garage later today!  :roflmao:
Good for you G! I got a snap cover with my pro 4 and think it will really work good. hated the rubber kind on the old model 30. BTW...Sea Foam does rule...
Rest in peace Don "LT" Brewer

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.