Author Topic: Blackstrap  (Read 35271 times)

Offline Malayney11

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Blackstrap
« Reply #270 on: Feb 16, 2012, 12:23 PM »
Tried last night from 5:30 till 8:30, few small bites at the start but after that not a thing

Offline fishingfever32

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #271 on: Feb 17, 2012, 05:09 PM »
Anyone catching any biggens out here lately
Yes woman can fish... prepared to be impressed. here fishy fishy fishy!!!

Offline Malayney11

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #272 on: Feb 18, 2012, 07:38 AM »
Just leaving now, gonna be out all day if anyone is on the northend come by and say hi

Offline Malayney11

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #273 on: Feb 18, 2012, 10:31 PM »
Landed 1 pike today, had a few missed flags, one bite off, and lost one at the hole. and seen a decent amount on cam. They seem to have more interest in the bait this weekend than the last few, hopefully the bite is picking up

Offline BigO

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #274 on: Feb 20, 2012, 07:57 PM »
Worked hard for 20 nice perch between two of us today. 15-25 ft of water. Lots of holes and moving around near Thode. Lost a pike at the hole and had a few tip ups go up with one lost smelt. Saw  a few pike on the cam. 3 tiny perch at Evans yesterday. CO was out on his quad today. Good guy and reported decent Perch bite across from Shields and out from boat launch. Anyone hit up the North End this weekend? Stupid question. I mean how was the North End this weekend?

Offline Malayney11

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #275 on: Feb 20, 2012, 09:36 PM »
North end was on the slow side as per usual, Brought in one nice 33" pike that weighed 8.1 lbs, but that was it, lost one at the hole and had another missed flag, didnt see much on the cam today either.

Offline Dubya_I

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #276 on: Feb 21, 2012, 12:37 AM »
Went out on Sunday on the north end and managed a few perch and two missed tip ups. Didn't move around much as we were rocking the ol' armstrong auger as our power one just wouldn't go. When ever we started to get a little cold we would drill another hole haha

Offline pawlukja

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #277 on: Feb 21, 2012, 07:20 AM »
Went to our perch spot on Sunday and Monday. Sunday was decent with the four of us catching about 80 perch some were smaller around the 7 inch range and most of them were 10 - 11 inches with three over 12. They bite stopped at 3ish. Monday was really slow with three of us catching 35-40 or so and only 10 over the 10 inch mark. CO came out on monday and asked if we were using barbless hooks, how the fishing was and then asked to see our license and that was it. We talked about fishing at brightwater and then he left. Looked like he was handing out tickets or warnings to at least three other groups. Seemed like a really nice guy.

Offline The Beachcomber

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #278 on: Feb 22, 2012, 09:59 PM »
Hit my old spot from years ago on the Strap, with no snow its nice to drive anywhere.  Only 3 old holes in the spot so the things have been quiet.  Lotsof fish on the Vex but not active, the large jacks would go for the hook after 5 minutes of looking at the hook.  When they hit the lure it was very slow and they were not interested, lost 3 nice puppies!  The dead line produced some nice perch, one pic attached. It was a nice day, with nobody around.  Only a few trucks on the whole lake as we drove the entire lake (South and North).  Only 24 inches of ice, 'good to try various hooks in order for the big derby 9 days away.

Offline fishingfever32

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #279 on: Feb 22, 2012, 11:02 PM »
Ya it's nice to get out there with not much snow. makes it nice for guys without 4x4's. Had a blast last weekend when i went out. had afew good jacks on the line. Hopefully get out there friday or sat.

MikeMiller

« Reply #280 on: Feb 22, 2012, 11:08 PM »
fishingfever you dont own a pink chevy truck do you ? are you a welder

Offline fishingfever32

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #281 on: Feb 22, 2012, 11:25 PM »
pink truck? bahaha nope. an nope not a welder either. thought u knew me? guess theres probably not many chicks that have there own ice shack that they built an spend most of there time fishing is there haha

MikeMiller

« Reply #282 on: Feb 22, 2012, 11:49 PM »
lol there was a hot girl on plenty of fish haha from warman love to hunt and fish and she was a welder with a pink chevy truck thought maybe it was you lol my bad hahaha

Offline saswhitetail

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #283 on: Feb 25, 2012, 08:55 PM »
Anybody else brave the storm today and make it out we did and found it very slow just wondering how the bite was on the rest of the lake?

Offline BigO

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #284 on: Feb 25, 2012, 11:00 PM »
We headed out near Thode. Nothing on tip ups. 11 keeper Perch. Moved around lots. Ya she was slow. Saw a couple of yahoos in a White Ford rifling through shacks at Evans and reported them to the CO's. Got a nice wind burn and spent a great day with the boy.

Offline fishingfever32

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #285 on: Feb 26, 2012, 10:13 AM »
heading out today, see what i can bring in. hopefully supper

Offline saswhitetail

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #286 on: Feb 26, 2012, 10:15 AM »
Hey BigO you didn't happen to notice if they were going through a big brown shack just a bit south of all those shacks did you hopefully the CO's caught up with them?

Offline fishingfever32

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #287 on: Feb 26, 2012, 11:17 AM »
afew weeks ago there was some guys on sleds going threw the north end shacks at night. one guy saw them an turned his light off in his shack an waiting for them. they got a surprise when they opend his shack to see the owners in there.

Offline saskoutdoorsman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #288 on: Feb 26, 2012, 11:25 AM »
Had a break in attempt at my shack at evans road over the christmas holidays, someone tried to pry the door with a crowbar. Also some buddies were staying the night out there 2nd weekend of January and around 3am a black mid 90s chevy half ton Z71 was cruising around the lake shining lights on shacks for several hours, they called COs on them.

Offline fishingfever32

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #289 on: Feb 26, 2012, 11:56 AM »
ya its getting kinda retarded. last year had a break in. smashed one of my windows,hooked up my shack to there vehicle, moved it bout half a mile an i came to it the next day to see all this aswell as my floor half ripped out. was not impressed. was out til 1am fixing everything.

Offline walleyeguy1985

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #290 on: Feb 26, 2012, 05:36 PM »
Hey thought I'd make my fishing report from Friday. Had my best day on the ice this year! Was out on the north end. Me and 1 buddy got 52 perch, 2 walleye as the total. Most of the perch were small, 5"-7" range but we kept 15 over 10" and got 3 that were over 12". The walleye were 21 and 18. The bigger one actually had eggs come out when we were taking the hook out so we put her back. I thought it seemed kinda early, has anyone else had this experience? 
Anyways I guess I can't expect to many days like that on the strap but it was a nice change from my usual results. Cheers

Offline Malayney11

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #291 on: Feb 26, 2012, 08:30 PM »
Was out today from 8am till 7pm, very slow day, had some weak bites in the shack and a few missed flags but couldnt bring anything up.  Not much for pike on the cam today but tons of whitefish. Got the week off prob gonna be out a lot over the next few days

Offline engineman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Keep your worm wigglin!!
« Reply #292 on: Feb 27, 2012, 01:41 PM »
mmmmmmmmmmm......smoke d whitefish!!!!! ;D ;D

Offline Malayney11

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #293 on: Mar 01, 2012, 09:10 PM »
was out today pulled up a 3lb pike up with 4 other hits on the tip ups, pike seem to like the tip ups alot more than anything on a rod this winter, hopefully this is the bite starting to pick up

Offline Finnegan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #294 on: Mar 01, 2012, 09:52 PM »
Sure hope so. Skunked yesterday!  :)
A woman who has never seen her husband fishing, doesn't know what a patient man she married !

Offline fishingfever32

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #295 on: Mar 02, 2012, 12:32 AM »
anyone going out tomorrow,friday..... im planning onto but seeing if anyone will be out there incase i need a tow out of the big drift at the boat launch on north end. its bound to be pretty deep after this snow fall an wind. lol

Offline ochocenko

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #296 on: Mar 03, 2012, 03:52 PM »
Two of us limited out on perch today. Caught well over 60 in a few hours. There were times when you didn't need bait. And they were really schooling. At times the bottom 2 ft of the flasher was solid.

Offline BigO

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #297 on: Mar 03, 2012, 07:50 PM »
Wow ochocenko. I don't know where you were but we hit all our spots hard today. Lots of different depths. Slowest we've had all winter.

Offline AngusMacHuge

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #298 on: Mar 05, 2012, 07:32 PM »
Out from noon to 7pm yesterday, total bomb. Tried a new spot on the south end, probably just not a great location. Also hit up a "no fail" perch spot on the way off the lake at 6pm. One lonely perch at 6:45pm, only bite of the day. Makes you appreciate the times when you hit it right.

Offline Malayney11

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #299 on: Mar 05, 2012, 08:13 PM »
I also had a bad weekend, fished from 11-6 sat, and 9-6 on sun and not a bite, unless you count the few finger sized perch we snagged while jigging. Mainly stuck around my shack on the north end, but tried all sorts of water depth from 4' to 20'. worst weekend this winter.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.