Author Topic: Blackstrap  (Read 35270 times)

Offline whale1979

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Blackstrap
« Reply #300 on: Mar 06, 2012, 12:11 AM »
CAUGHT 3 PIKE ON TIPUPS AND PERCH WERE BITING ALL DAY LAST WEEK.
WE WERE AT THE N-END

Offline pawlukja

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #301 on: Mar 06, 2012, 07:11 AM »
Father inlaw went to one of my old perch spots on the north end last thursday and said that they caught a ton of them. Nothning as big as earlier this year but said the 7 inchers were almost none stop with a couple of bigger ones caught through out the day.

Offline fishingfever32

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #302 on: Mar 06, 2012, 04:30 PM »
Ive caught a 6.8lbs jack which was a male, and a 8 pound female, sat and sunday.
Yes woman can fish... prepared to be impressed. here fishy fishy fishy!!!

Offline Polarbehr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #303 on: Mar 07, 2012, 08:19 PM »
So wats the bite like on the strap this week..heading out there tomorrow..

Offline pawlukja

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #304 on: Mar 08, 2012, 07:42 AM »
Not only the bite but hows the snow? Hoping that most of it blew off with the wind.

Offline Polarbehr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #305 on: Mar 08, 2012, 08:52 AM »
was out yesterday for a drive and didnt have much trouble getting around

Offline Malayney11

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #306 on: Mar 08, 2012, 04:22 PM »
was out yesterday for a drive and didnt have much trouble getting around
any chance that was on the north end? gotta get the shack off this weekend, just wondering what its like getting around out there?

Offline Polarbehr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #307 on: Mar 09, 2012, 09:55 AM »
yea northend is easy to get onto..not much snow

Offline saswhitetail

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #308 on: Mar 09, 2012, 03:34 PM »
Anybody been on at Evans since the snow just wondering what access is like onto the lake thanks!

Offline Finnegan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #309 on: Mar 09, 2012, 05:15 PM »
I was out there yesterday. Walked on as there was too much snow drifted in to drive on anymore. Access right at shore is blown in and another high drift a few yards out.
A woman who has never seen her husband fishing, doesn't know what a patient man she married !

Offline saswhitetail

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #310 on: Mar 09, 2012, 05:35 PM »
Thanks for the info finnegan

Offline BigJumb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #311 on: Mar 09, 2012, 06:20 PM »
Soooooooooooooo slow out there. A few perch. nothing like last year this time we limited out perch in 2 hours and some pike. Don't know where to go this weekend. Deep snow lakes are out cause you wont get off a the end of the day. >:(

Offline Finnegan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #312 on: Mar 09, 2012, 07:04 PM »
Your Welcome Saswhitetail. Very slow out there yesterday also. One 3 lb pike at 5 pm. A few perch bites right at 4 pm but nothing else. Could see them on the flasher on and off all afternoon but not interested in biting.
A woman who has never seen her husband fishing, doesn't know what a patient man she married !

Offline pawlukja

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #313 on: Mar 09, 2012, 08:39 PM »
Where abouts  are you fishing, north end, Evans road? There are some nice sees beds on near the north end that were doing good last week. Going to take my dad out on Sunday. First time we have fished together in eight years. Sure hope it picks up.

Offline BigO

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #314 on: Mar 09, 2012, 08:57 PM »
Evans was Blown in today. We fished near Thode in all depths with no luck for pike and about 15 keeper perch. Drilled about 25-35 holes from 8 to 25 ft.

Offline Dooman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • matrix cutter
« Reply #315 on: Mar 11, 2012, 05:15 PM »
me and a friend went on friday and caught 1 pike on tipup 4 lbs, and 30 perch that were all small

today me and wife caught about 50 perch, 25 or so were small, but the other half were bigger than friday, good number of 10 inchers.

both spots were on the north end right in the center about 100-200 yards from the road

best luck i've had on the strap in ages
"Some people fish their whole lives without realizing it isn't fish they are after"

Offline pawlukja

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #316 on: Mar 12, 2012, 08:18 AM »
Four of us hit the strap yesterday. Buddy caught 4 perch (fishes some really weird set ups), dad caught 6 perch and a 1.5 lb pike (never fished for perch before) I caught over 80 perch and the father inlaw caught 102 perch. Almost all of them were 7" - 8" and 30 in the 10" range. Caught a 4 lb and 2.5 lb pike on the tip up and missed 2 more. The perch bite was REALLY soft and you had to watch for your rod tip to move the littllest bit and then set the hook. Guessing this is why dad and buddy didn't catch many. No jumbo's but a good way to end the season.

Offline tikkaboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #317 on: Mar 14, 2012, 12:39 PM »
Nice work Pawlukja, I will be driving out Saturday and hope to have some fun as well as long as the ice is OK LOL.

Offline Malayney11

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #318 on: Mar 14, 2012, 06:10 PM »
Had some good luck this weekend, got a few nice pike and got into some decent perch fishing, the bite was non stop with them for most of the time. Took the shack down sunday, sad to see it off the ice, feels like ice season was just getting started.

Offline Broom Jockey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #319 on: Mar 15, 2012, 03:58 PM »
Has anyone ventured out this week?  How is the ice at the approaches?  I'd like to drive on to fish but I don't have a death wish either.  Last week the ice was easily 24+inches, should still be good away from shore but I'd rather not sink my truck getting off the ice either.  Thanks in advance!
Early to bed...early to rise...fish all day...make up lies.

Offline AngusMacHuge

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #320 on: Mar 17, 2012, 05:09 PM »
Went out one last time today, came home with a few nice perch. Ice was close to two feet, but honeycombed and porous from top to bottom. Doesn't look it will be safe too much longer if the temps stay warm.

Offline Reeldeal02

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #321 on: Mar 18, 2012, 06:16 PM »
Anyone else out there today? Is the ice still drivable with a truck? Its supposed to get into the minus again in the evenings, but that might be to late now. thanks

Offline Dooman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • matrix cutter
« Reply #322 on: Mar 18, 2012, 07:58 PM »
was out today, was planning on walking out but a bunch of other trucks were on the ice so i drove my jimmy on.
was on the north end, was still 20 inches, but it is getting softer. my holes from last week and the week before were still open.
caught 12 perch.
"Some people fish their whole lives without realizing it isn't fish they are after"

Offline tikkaboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #323 on: Mar 18, 2012, 09:27 PM »
Wife and I drove on as well, caught 40 perch and 12 jumbos made it home with us.

Offline Malayney11

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #324 on: Mar 18, 2012, 09:39 PM »
Tried the south end today, got into some good perch fishing with several big fat jumbos in the 12-13" range.  The ice is getting very soft down there especially near shore, I wont be driving on anymore this year.  Ice thickness ranged anywhere from 24" to 12" in the places I tried.

Offline taillite

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #325 on: Mar 24, 2012, 11:26 AM »
hello, is anyone fishing the strap this weekend ? can you still walkon ?

thanks

Offline tikkaboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #326 on: Mar 24, 2012, 04:28 PM »
I will be walking on tomorrow.

Offline Broom Jockey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #327 on: Mar 24, 2012, 07:04 PM »
Fished the south end today.  Roughly 16 inches of ice.  The only issue is the bottom was coming off in big chunks so your line would snag the crevices.  Ice still seemed really solid, fishing was much slower then last week.
Early to bed...early to rise...fish all day...make up lies.

Offline tikkaboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #328 on: Mar 25, 2012, 05:37 PM »
Wife and I went out for 4 hours today and caught lots of perch and 14 jumbos made it home with us. Few people still driving on but we walked out and ice is still pretty solid where we were but don't risk driving on.

Offline BigO

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #329 on: Mar 25, 2012, 10:20 PM »
Hey tikkaboy. Wherabouts were ya? How many feet of water?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.