Author Topic: Under the ice, ice fishing!  (Read 1883 times)

rickl1968

Under the ice, ice fishing!
« on: Nov 11, 2011, 03:20 PM »
This is hilarious, it happened in Russia.

Only this can happen with early ice!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=899_1320943552

Offline the fishing gene

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Under the ice, ice fishing!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 11, 2011, 03:42 PM »
Ha!!

All that work for that little sardine. I was expecting him to pull up a lunker.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Nov 11, 2011, 03:50 PM »
Funny Stuff for sure. I doubt there are any big fish in there or they wouldn't be doing that.
<===Lefty===

Offline Fatfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Nov 11, 2011, 04:44 PM »
Believe me or not that happened to my Dad 40 years ago. Two young guys chased that pole all afternoon,and drilled numerous holes to retrieve that pole. He got a 14in slab to go with the pole. He gave the two boys each a candybar. He would have given them more but that is all he had at the time.   Jerry

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 11, 2011, 08:11 PM »
that's funny

Offline iwantone2.4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 11, 2011, 08:40 PM »
perty cool :tipup:

When luck becomes habit it turns into skill

Offline jurrensb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 11, 2011, 08:46 PM »
He is lucky the ice was clear! Funny stuff!
"Angling is extremely time consuming. That's sort of the whole point." - Thomas McGuane

Offline rugby ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 11, 2011, 09:11 PM »
No translator needed for that one :)
http://

Offline cherokee545

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Nov 11, 2011, 09:35 PM »
Man that was funny! They were having fun chasing it all over the place.

Offline Zorros shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish N.E. >)))>
« Reply #9 on: Nov 11, 2011, 09:47 PM »
Heck id get that rod outta there and use it! And my cross county skiing coach for the HS team was Nina Gavrilyuk who was in the winter Olympics for Russia, and she was pretty cool being Russian. Only problem is she couldn't pronounce my name.

Offline mdrobny

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • common sense is no longer common
« Reply #10 on: Nov 11, 2011, 11:21 PM »
can't wait to get out :'(

rickl1968

« Reply #11 on: Nov 12, 2011, 09:41 AM »
The funniest part was that this happened twice to them that day, thats why they were laughing so hard.  :roflmao:

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #12 on: Nov 12, 2011, 01:10 PM »
Nyet!!! ;D
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline Voltaire

• No view profile
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Some call me the Pannie Dropper
« Reply #13 on: Nov 12, 2011, 01:53 PM »
Why do all the Europe fisherman target such small fish?  Everything I've ever seen caught is under six inches.
"The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope."
-John Buchan

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14 on: Nov 12, 2011, 01:54 PM »

This guy doesn't even use a rod!!!

Offline mr_mojo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Nov 12, 2011, 04:26 PM »
That was hilarious, thanks for sharing.
I love my job, it pays for my bait.

Offline RussianBear

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Nov 12, 2011, 05:55 PM »
The funniest part was that this happened twice to them that day, thats why they were laughing so hard.  :roflmao:
The guy in the video actually says it happened 4 times to them.

Offline eyestroker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • McHenry County, IL
« Reply #17 on: Nov 12, 2011, 06:55 PM »
Why do all the Europe fisherman target such small fish?  Everything I've ever seen caught is under six inches.

Don't think they choose to.  Pretty sure that's what's available.  My observation is that they get little to know warm weather,  at least much less than the 8 months a year most of  us see.  Fish are cold blooded it is impossible for freshwater to grow without warm water.  Hence you'll never see a world record largemouth come from the midwest.  Granted they can't grow pike and musky down south but if we were in a situation were pike and musky in the northern states only had warm water for 4 months instead of eight, yes they would most likely survive but would never get as big for many reasons.........  There could be some varieties that might but I don't know of them......
"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither."  -Benjamin Franklin
"In times of change, the Patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot."  Mark Twain

Offline Voltaire

• No view profile
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Nov 12, 2011, 09:21 PM »
Don't think they choose to.  Pretty sure that's what's available.  My observation is that they get little to know warm weather,  at least much less than the 8 months a year most of  us see.  Fish are cold blooded it is impossible for freshwater to grow without warm water.  Hence you'll never see a world record largemouth come from the midwest.  Granted they can't grow pike and musky down south but if we were in a situation were pike and musky in the northern states only had warm water for 4 months instead of eight, yes they would most likely survive but would never get as big for many reasons.........  There could be some varieties that might but I don't know of them......

Makes sense.
"The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope."
-John Buchan

Offline RussianBear

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Nov 12, 2011, 11:17 PM »
Makes no sense, there's more to russia than siberia.
Its just that there are aome species there that arent here and wise versa. When i was little, my dad used to bring large pike, carp, walleye and other fish that are not in the states. 

Offline dawnordusk1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • face the wind.. hurts to lay the same egg twice
« Reply #20 on: Nov 13, 2011, 06:05 AM »
One more example of the internet helping to establish world peace .. Sorry folks but I just cant see me having gone to war back in the "Cold War" years if I'd seen that clip of a fellow icefisherman in the 1960's.. How the heck can you go to war against a country filled with guys like us"icemen". Besides I think thermonuclear bombs screw up the ice ..right??? Oh ya i support this theory with the fact we did go to war with north Vietnam whyyyy??? cuz they had no iceee!!!! seee it all makes sense now.
Just my 2 cents.. keep it or spend it up to you

Offline eyestroker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • McHenry County, IL
« Reply #21 on: Nov 13, 2011, 08:01 AM »
Makes no sense, there's more to russia than siberia.
Its just that there are aome species there that arent here and wise versa. When i was little, my dad used to bring large pike, carp, walleye and other fish that are not in the states.

If your gonna say my theory makes no sense,  which it does, by the way,  you ought to back it up,,,,,,,,  theirs a reasn those species are their, flowes perfectly into my theory,,,, don't be a doosch........
"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither."  -Benjamin Franklin
"In times of change, the Patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot."  Mark Twain

Offline RussianBear

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Nov 13, 2011, 08:08 AM »
I'm not trying to start a cold war, i've lived most of my life in the states. What facts do you base your opinion on, the few pics or video you've seen of them pulling out little fish?  There are plenty of pics of fisherman in states targeting panfish that doesnt mean its all we got.
Your theory of cold climate is bs, canada has the same exact climate and so is most of northern US and you telling me that canadians and northern states catch tiny fish? 
You're about to start a civil war, forget a cold one.  :)

Offline Voltaire

• No view profile
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Nov 13, 2011, 02:19 PM »
If your gonna say my theory makes no sense,  which it does, by the way,  you ought to back it up,,,,,,,,  theirs a reasn those species are their, flowes perfectly into my theory,,,, don't be a doosch........

x2

Every professional angler, like the ones that come from Europe and tour the NAIFC, say that all they have for game fish are little tiny fish. That is all that there is so that is all they are able to fish for. This guy is saying his dad caught pike, carp, and walleye that aren't available in the United States? What is he even talking about. I think he's just sore that fishing over there sucks compared to here in the best country in the world.
-John Buchan

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24 on: Nov 13, 2011, 03:02 PM »
Jeez, that's all I ever seem to catch...little fish!!!!  :icefish:

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25 on: Nov 13, 2011, 03:13 PM »
Jeez, that's all I ever seem to catch...little fish!!!!  :icefish:

I'm with you on this. I catch a lot of smaller fish and never target big fish anyways. If I catch one really big fish in my lifetime I will not be any happier than catching a lot of dinks.  I just love catching and releasing fish. Although I brought home a couple this last week and couldn't believe how good they came out frying them.
<===Lefty===

Offline dawnordusk1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • face the wind.. hurts to lay the same egg twice
« Reply #26 on: Nov 13, 2011, 03:46 PM »
sometimes I catch small fish, sometimes I catch big fish, then again I usually catch no fish ... based on those facts most of the lakes I fish dont have any fish in them, since most of the time I dont catch any fish .... guys come on it was the clip we were watching not the size of the fish. Opps sounds like a I will put my fish on the table you put yours down and lets see who's fish is the bigger duhhhhh
Just my 2 cents.. keep it or spend it up to you

Offline RussianBear

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #27 on: Nov 13, 2011, 05:52 PM »
x2

Every professional angler, like the ones that come from Europe and tour the NAIFC, say that all they have for game fish are little tiny fish. That is all that there is so that is all they are able to fish for. This guy is saying his dad caught pike, carp, and walleye that aren't available in the United States? What is he even talking about. I think he's just sore that fishing over there sucks compared to here in the best country in the world.
This thread has gone way of topic, however, learn to read. I said other fish no available in the states, not walleye, pike and carp. You did say one thing right, this is the best country and thus the reason i am here.

Offline Voltaire

• No view profile
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Nov 13, 2011, 05:56 PM »
When i was little, my dad used to bring large pike, carp, walleye and other fish that are not in the states.

The last time I checked, pike, carp, and walleye are available in the states.
-John Buchan

Offline bluemountainlaker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my fish was bigger than yours
« Reply #29 on: Nov 13, 2011, 06:07 PM »
easy now children! this was about a funny video and you guys r at eachothers throat. awsome vide by the way ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.