Author Topic: Getting closer  (Read 1837 times)

Offline CBOYCE1

• IceShanty Rookie
  • 25" walleye on 2lb test with a 3mm jig STUD!!!!!
Getting closer
« on: Oct 26, 2011, 11:37 AM »
What do you guys think 5 or 6 weeks till we are fishing
If our father had had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him.

Offline Getthenet

• IceShanty Rookie
  • It's all a part o' fishin, son.
Re: Getting closer
« Reply #1 on: Oct 26, 2011, 03:29 PM »
I say, first safe ice Dec. 17 but can't get here too soon.
Got any Maggots?

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Oct 26, 2011, 08:23 PM »
I would take December 17th. 

Anyone been to Cabelas in Wheeling to see if they have their ice fishing stuff out yet? 
Bring on the ice!!!!!!!  <br />      

Offline jigginPig

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 26, 2011, 08:25 PM »
Oh yeah, 17th will work! Since nutter won't fish outta a boat, haha. Hope to see you guys soon
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull$#!+

Offline Getthenet

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Oct 26, 2011, 08:28 PM »
No but I been plenty of places in the ethernet.  Waiting for the Synthetic Strike Lite Hand auger from Strikemaster.  Have you seen it 'nutter?
Got any Maggots?

Offline CBOYCE1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Oct 27, 2011, 09:03 AM »
My new toy is a marcum camera. Used it a couple times off my boat but can't wait for ice. Last year I think we were fishing on dec 5, but it is usually the second week of dec..
If our father had had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him.

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Oct 27, 2011, 12:46 PM »
No but I been plenty of places in the ethernet.  Waiting for the Synthetic Strike Lite Hand auger from Strikemaster.  Have you seen it 'nutter?

You mean the 4-stroke power auger?  Haven't seen one in action yet.

Offline Getthenet

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Oct 27, 2011, 08:17 PM »
CBOYCE, I hope you are right!!  I would love to use my camera more but it is cumbersome.  It's a Cabelas, bw.  Do you have the color?  I did see a small perch hit my jig one day.  Those vex units  with the flasher on the top and camera on the bottom are on the dream list.

'nutter, no it is a synthetic hand auger that SM is coming out with this november, supposed to be real light.  I got to get my act togeather and get mobile this year.  I say it every year, "not gonna spend all day in one area playin' with sniffers, but old habits are hard to break.  I am thinking about getting a new hand auger 4 or 5 inch maybe a mora, got one of those drill attachments.

Over the MLK holiday, this year I am thinking about fishing from one end of the lake to the other.  Starting out in my cove and walking down to McHenry.  Not sure how long it will take me.
Got any Maggots?

Offline CBOYCE1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Oct 28, 2011, 10:51 AM »
It is the color model.  Very clear picture.  Have learned a lot about a few honey holes that I would have never known.  I think it is a great scouting tool and will be able to record some video off of it as well.

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Oct 28, 2011, 11:40 AM »
Hopefully there is no snow on the lake when you make that trip!  We all need to get snowmobiles.

Offline shanedoe

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Nov 08, 2011, 06:04 PM »
Always wondered with parking what it is why more people don't fish with snowmobiles.  It would be nice to just park at the state park and be anywhere on the ice in a couple minutes.  I hope to see you soon Boyd.

Offline Getthenet

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Nov 09, 2011, 06:26 AM »
Shane, I always wondered that myself.  The young outlaw from my neighborhood got "moved along" by DNR police in his 4 wheeler but not many ice dawgs with snowmobiles.  Seems two guys with one sled could cover half the lake in a day, haulin two sleds and a keg of beer!  I been jonesin for a 4 wheeler for awhile, gettin too old to hike that hill.  I get the kids through college, maybe, but a snowmobile would be a luxury.  You let me know when you want to fish, bring that WVU grad along too if you want.
Got any Maggots?

Offline Flying Frenchman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Nov 09, 2011, 08:19 AM »
I too have considered a snow machine, but my concern is if I get on at the state park and the bridges don't freeze, particularly early....how do you get around? Maybe a way on the snow mobile trail, not sure.   

Offline shanedoe

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Nov 09, 2011, 09:50 PM »
Hopefully you'll be seeing me and Icematt rolling up to your house before new years. I got a new truck(brown f150) don't be afraid when you see it in your front yard.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.