Author Topic: A great day of trophy walleye on the Bay of Quinte!  (Read 891 times)

Offline Jeff_C

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Bay of Quinte
A great day of trophy walleye on the Bay of Quinte!
« on: Oct 23, 2011, 12:40 PM »
My good friend Scott’s new boat arrived this week. For weeks we have all been anticipating its arrival and when it arrived, Scott and Joe worked hard at rigging it to have it ready for this past weekend. We were actually fishing in a small fun Sheepshead tournament, but we really wanted to see the first fish on the new boat be a trophy walleye. Well, that it was. The first fish caught was a walleye weighing 10.60lbs. That was a great start to the day. Now it was time for breakfast. Scott has a BBQ rigged on the boat, so we made hot egg mcmuffins with fresh coffee. Boy did that taste good! Once we located some fish, we were having pretty steady action with some great fish caught. Although, every time we would catch another big walleye, everyone would say “Not another walleye!” as we were actually trying to catch some big sheepies! We ended up catching 5 nice walleye and two sheepshead when a call came over the VHF of another boat needing assistance. So we pulled lines and ran over to tow them in. While we were towing we decided it was time to fire up the BBQ one more time and get the baked potatoes started. After we towed them in we didn’t have enough time to run back to our fish, so we stayed closer to the weigh-in location and BBQ’d some steaks! The big fish of the day for our boat was a 13.50lbs walleye.  Here are some pictures of a great day with some great friends on a magnificent boat with incredible fish on an amazing fishery!

Jeff

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
Re: A great day of trophy walleye on the Bay of Quinte!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 23, 2011, 03:40 PM »
I just wanted to let you know Jeff that I have requested that Scott ban you from the site.. you are making us all look bad.. great catch.

see ya on December 10th

Offline codewordcs1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Oct 23, 2011, 03:57 PM »
Those are some beautiful fish  :woot:  and a really nice looking boat too. So would a 13 and 1/2 pound walleye make the wall for you Canadians or is that just another normal days fishing for you guys?  ;D :clap: :thumbsup:

Offline rabidsponge

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 23, 2011, 06:03 PM »
jeff catching  big 'eyes...what a surprise! lol nice work! looking forward to headin to radio world in december to hear you speak

Offline TheDL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 24, 2011, 09:09 AM »
“Not another walleye!” Jeff
:clap: :clap: :clap: :bow:  Man, you are the walleye master!  Do you guide?  I spent a long 8 hour day in the tinny on the bay with not so much as a nibble.  Ran from hay bay to picton bay and out as far a as bongards...geez, I thought "they're not running through yet..." then I see this.    :o
well done Jeff, clearly I have yet to figure it out....feel free to PM me if you've got any pointers for a green-horn walleye 'fisherman'

Man those are beauties!
Tight lines

Offline Canadian wigeon

• IceShanty Rookie
  • 5 more minutes and will call it a day
« Reply #5 on: Oct 24, 2011, 04:41 PM »
nice fish jeff, that one is a hog for sure!!!
Big Gaff Pro-staff

Offline Jeff_C

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Bay of Quinte
« Reply #6 on: Oct 24, 2011, 05:10 PM »
Thanks guys.  The Bay of Quinte is truly an amazing fishery!  We work hard out there, but having the number of quality fish that we do in our water is phenomenal.

Jeff

Offline WildOutdoorAddict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Owner NEPL, Pro-Staff for PK Lures & Bobby Garland
« Reply #7 on: Oct 24, 2011, 06:05 PM »
Absolutely Phenomenal...Man, I am slobbering roight now matey... .  Those steaks n taters look great!  LOL   and so do those awesome walleye..Congrats

Offline Bear58

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Oct 25, 2011, 01:08 PM »
Nice job guys, looking forward to seeing Scotts new ride in a couple weeks
Seen a couple of those pics on FB ..... always nice to see  ;D
OFAH ZONE F

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.