Author Topic: New HT Tip-Up  (Read 892 times)

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
New HT Tip-Up
« on: Oct 22, 2011, 06:20 PM »
Now Im not a huge HT fan, some product is good and some is pretty budget. While doing a ice fiashing equipment walk today I found a new HT tip-up that looking pretty interesting...

Instead of a flag this tip-up has a magnetic pole that pops up when triggered. The top of the pole is tagged orange and in the pole has a glow/light tube on it. Not sure how much better this would be during the day then a standard flag, but at night it would be pretty cool.

http://www.icefish.com/catalog/inventory.php?fam=110&cat=7

the wife was nice enough to model this one

Offline mr_mojo

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: New HT Tip-Up
« Reply #1 on: Oct 22, 2011, 06:30 PM »
Is it one of the glow sticks kids use trick or treating, or is it battery powered?
I love my job, it pays for my bait.

surflizard

« Reply #2 on: Oct 22, 2011, 06:30 PM »
Approach with caution, a friend bought 2 of them and neither one tripped properly for him and he returned both !

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #3 on: Oct 22, 2011, 06:53 PM »
It appears to be a glow stick, not sure though. If it is, that means you would have to replace each time as those sticks only last a certain amount of time. I did not see replacment glow sticks.

as for quality, I find it is hit or miss with HT, a lot of junk in there line up

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 22, 2011, 07:21 PM »
HT has been offering a magnetic tipup for years. I never used them but the reviews were mixed or negative on them. Looks like HT decided to try the glow stick for this year on their magnetic tipups.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.