Author Topic: Crappie??????  (Read 2358 times)

Offline bazylyzk88

• IceShanty Rookie
Crappie??????
« on: Oct 12, 2011, 10:22 PM »
Can someone tell me where in colorado is best crappie fishery?

Offline ducati

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Crappie??????
« Reply #1 on: Oct 13, 2011, 08:00 AM »
For ice fishing I would hit Cherry Creek Res, for open water I like Pueblo, Brush Hollow and John Martin.  I don't know that these are the best places to go and I am sure there are better out there but these are the ones I have had success at.

Offline bazylyzk88

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Oct 13, 2011, 09:47 AM »
Where on Cherry Creek if you dont mind telling me.

Offline fire-n-ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 16, 2011, 08:31 AM »
Best crappie fishing is definitely in the north east corner of the state. The closer to Nebraska the better.

Offline ShuMugen

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Oct 26, 2011, 03:49 PM »
when i fish for Crappies i head up north east closer to loveland and Longmont area.....but far out east has been Treating me real good this summer for some 13-14 slabs in brigton  ;)
/

Sponsors: OstarMotorSports /1320DTR / Team Shinobi

Offline GMCO45

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 15, 2011, 07:07 PM »
Where on Cherry Creek if you dont mind telling me.
Agree that Cherry Creek is good for  crappie.  Will not tell exactly where as it took many years to find the spots that hold them.  Look for submerged trees/brush.  Should find crappie holding nearby.

Offline hvacpro

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Nov 17, 2011, 01:55 PM »
Don't you just love it when people think they own the fish and don't like to share fishing spots.  Does that license cost more??

Offline wallydiven

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Nov 17, 2011, 02:08 PM »
Don't you just love it when people think they own the fish and don't like to share fishing spots.  Does that license cost more??
I think you need to do a little research here before you post a remark like that ;)

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
« Reply #8 on: Nov 17, 2011, 02:18 PM »
I think you need to do a little research here before you post a remark like that ;)

That's what I was thinking no one in there right mind is going to blow up there spots that they searched for over many years. Especially on an open forum.
"Problem solving is hunting. It is savage pleasure and we are born to do it."
Thomas Harris

Offline dairyman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Nov 17, 2011, 06:09 PM »
I always say I caught them on "Lake Noneya"

Offline hvacpro

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Nov 17, 2011, 10:32 PM »
That's what I was thinking no one in there right mind is going to blow up there spots that they searched for over many years. Especially on an open forum.

Geez fellas, I apologize I had no idea it takes some folks years to locate fish. Just a little advice,  Get yourself well equiped, take some time to learn what you equipment is telling you and you will catch all the fish you need and won't have to worry if someone has spy glasses pointed in your direction.

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
« Reply #11 on: Nov 18, 2011, 06:33 AM »
Geez fellas, I apologize I had no idea it takes some folks years to locate fish. Just a little advice,  Get yourself well equiped, take some time to learn what you equipment is telling you and you will catch all the fish you need and won't have to worry if someone has spy glasses pointed in your direction.

I can only speak from experience there is a nice walleye fishery near me that I have been working for years.
It's a large body of water and covering it all takes more than one trip to find the larger fish.
I have located some spots that produce well and I don't tell people.
I have got some interesting PM's discussing a river only mentioning a town that has 15 miles of river going through it.
Some people get quit upset when they think your going to give away there favorite spot to 100 people.
If someone does the leg work to find a spot I respect that.
I don't respect the people that run up and start drilling near a guy that just iced a fish on an 8 mile long lake.
"Problem solving is hunting. It is savage pleasure and we are born to do it."
Thomas Harris

Offline hvacpro

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Nov 19, 2011, 08:06 PM »
I can only speak from experience there is a nice walleye fishery near me that I have been working for years.
It's a large body of water and covering it all takes more than one trip to find the larger fish.
I have located some spots that produce well and I don't tell people.
I have got some interesting PM's discussing a river only mentioning a town that has 15 miles of river going through it.
Some people get quit upset when they think your going to give away there favorite spot to 100 people.
If someone does the leg work to find a spot I respect that.
I don't respect the people that run up and start drilling near a guy that just iced a fish on an 8 mile long lake.

I know I have fishing for over 45 years. I was just giving a hard time. I'm relatively new to the site which is very educational and interesting I just like to put some fun into it.
Best of luck to you all this coming season and remember, Be Very Safe and keep your safety gear close

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.