Author Topic: Hotmaps for handheld GPS, Worth It?  (Read 487 times)

Offline jeepsw1

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Zippo Outdoor pro-staff
Hotmaps for handheld GPS, Worth It?
« on: Oct 03, 2011, 11:32 AM »
I live in the east region, and have a Lowrance Safari handheld unit. It came with the fishing hot spots sd card, but it only covers 5 lakes in MA, 4 of which i don't fish too often.  The hotmaps lists more lakes, but only a couple in the HD mode.  Would it make a difference to go preminum over the base, if i will only be using it on the hand held unit? Or will the 5 lakes covered in HD options be lost on such a small unit.   Platinum is not an option, since it is not compatible with the handheld. 

Or should i not bother at all and just use the unit to mark locations as i scout them and find structure?

Offline pontiac787

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: Hotmaps for handheld GPS, Worth It?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 04, 2011, 03:13 PM »
This is from Navioncs customer service... I asked them the same question a few weeks ago.

"The main difference between these two products is that the standard HotMaps East is the 2009 edition lake listings and the HotMaps Premium East is current 2011 chart information.

The other difference will be the HotMaps Premium charts will include access to unlimited downloads of the freshest chart data directly to your cartridge through our Web Store free for one year.  You also get a free PC App for viewing and planning on your computer—A $25 value!"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.