Author Topic: STEAMED...almost Caught hook line and sinker  (Read 1892 times)

Offline fishingwithkids

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • pop your magic twanger froggy........
STEAMED...almost Caught hook line and sinker
« on: Oct 01, 2011, 12:05 PM »
 i was going out this morning and noticed my wife's expedition needed gas so saw a sign 3.51 wow  i thought that's the cheapest i have seen in months. so insert debit card price pops up 3.59 **censored** i say. marched into that store and the lil punk says while laughing  at me no sir if you read the fine print it says cash sales only at that discounted price. and boy did i come unglued... after saying some unmentionables i leave a stating my opinion of that fine establishment ,drive down the road and pay 3.67. I'm still a bit perturbed but ice fishing season will be here soon enough. MAN DO I NEED TO GET OUT ON THE ICE....

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
Re: STEAMED...almost Caught hook line and sinker
« Reply #1 on: Oct 01, 2011, 12:13 PM »
OUCH!!!! We've plummeted to $3.36 in one week....after I put 40 bucks (1/3 tank) in the Hawg @ $3.55...$#@! :%$#!: Know how ya feel....
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #2 on: Oct 01, 2011, 12:20 PM »
The wifey poo filled her Expedition the other day for $94. I'm glad I fill my F250 when it gets down 8 or 10 gallons.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline strik

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Oct 01, 2011, 12:40 PM »
The wifey poo filled her Expedition the other day for $94. I'm glad I fill my F250 when it gets down 8 or 10 gallons.

Dam  had to put 78.00 in my Ford Ranger before lol dam canadain taxes lol

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #4 on: Oct 01, 2011, 12:49 PM »
My wife thinks the low fuel light means it is time to fill it. Kind of like the smoke alarm being the kitchen timer theory.   :o ;D

Offline UP jigstick

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Oct 01, 2011, 12:53 PM »
My wife thinks the low fuel light means it is time to fill it. Kind of like the smoke alarm being the kitchen timer theory.   :o ;D

You got one of those too, eh.

That is why I do the cooking and never drive her vehicle. ;D

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #6 on: Oct 01, 2011, 01:18 PM »
You got one of those too, eh.

That is why I do the cooking and never drive her vehicle. ;D
It seems like we're both on the same plan. When it comes to cooking she is best at making reservations.  ;D

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Oct 01, 2011, 02:51 PM »
My friend in Denver went to Arizona this week and got fuel in New Mexico for $3.17. I still pay $3.84 for Diesel . Both my car and truck use Diesel. But I wouldn't change either. Car=47 MPG Average Truck =19 MPG average.
<===Lefty===

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8 on: Oct 01, 2011, 02:54 PM »

I miss my 'lil Ranger....about 40 bucks to fill it....the brand new F-150 4x4 Hawg sucks it down and takes $128.00 to fill it.  :%$#!:

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #9 on: Oct 01, 2011, 05:41 PM »
I miss my 'lil Ranger....about 40 bucks to fill it....the brand new F-150 4x4 Hawg sucks it down and takes $128.00 to fill it.  :%$#!:
Drive my F250 for a while and you'll have something to cry about. ;D

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #10 on: Oct 01, 2011, 05:58 PM »

500 more miles and mine will eclipse the 300,000 mi. mark... been a good 'ol gal :thumbsup:

"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Oct 01, 2011, 07:54 PM »
OUCH!!!! We've plummeted to $3.36 in one week....after I put 40 bucks (1/3 tank) in the Hawg @ $3.55...$#@! :%$#!: Know how ya feel....
3.26 in Danvers, MA today

Offline maineduckhunter

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Stop Bucket Biologist and Kill ALL Maine Pike!!!
« Reply #12 on: Oct 01, 2011, 08:37 PM »
Maybe when the fuel pump goes and your spending over $500 for the new one she'll get the point.  Continually running it low like that is bad for the pump, because it is cooled by the gas!!  :-\

Offline maineduckhunter

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Stop Bucket Biologist and Kill ALL Maine Pike!!!
« Reply #13 on: Oct 01, 2011, 08:39 PM »
i was going out this morning and noticed my wife's expedition needed gas so saw a sign 3.51 wow  i thought that's the cheapest i have seen in months. so insert debit card price pops up 3.59 **censored** i say. marched into that store and the lil punk says while laughing  at me no sir if you read the fine print it says cash sales only at that discounted price. and boy did i come unglued... after saying some unmentionables i leave a stating my opinion of that fine establishment ,drive down the road and pay 3.67. I'm still a bit perturbed but ice fishing season will be here soon enough. MAN DO I NEED TO GET OUT ON THE ICE....
We have a station like that here in Maine. I noticed the sign first and then noticed the ATM sign, so I figured I'd just fill it up then get some cash to pay, (my bank pays for ATM fees, so I don't worry about that).  So I go in to get gas after pumping and the DARN ATM machine is down!! >:(

Offline fishingwithkids

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Oct 02, 2011, 04:55 AM »
maineduckhunter they would be my luck to. only my bank doesn't pay for fees they only know how to charge them.

surflizard

« Reply #15 on: Oct 02, 2011, 06:20 AM »
We took a ride out to the coast yesterday for a KTP run and it seemed like every 20 miles closer to Portsmouth, the prices went up 20 cents also !!  :woot: :blink:

Offline Eggemoggin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Here Fishy - Fishy
« Reply #16 on: Oct 02, 2011, 07:19 AM »
I have a Ranger clone,  Mazda and it's a great little truck but loves it's gas.....
I try to keep it on the high side of half full....    My wife says it's just as easy to
keep it from half full to full as it is empty to half full.... ::)

Offline ImAJigginFool

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I see 'em!!
« Reply #17 on: Oct 02, 2011, 07:28 AM »
$3.29 in Wayne, NJ this morning.  It just dropped 6 cents from yesterday morning.  We have many gas stations that discount if you use cash; usually anywhere from 6-10 cents cheaper. 

The WORST day of fishing is ALWAYS better than the BEST day in the office.

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18 on: Oct 02, 2011, 07:32 AM »
I have a Ranger clone, Mazda and it's a great little truck but loves it's gas.....
I try to keep it on the high side of half full....    My wife says it's just as easy to
keep it from half full to full as it is empty to half full.... ::)

I have one too. Don't drive it much, mostly when the roads are bad in winter...trying to keep the miles down. You're right, not too good on gas.

Offline fishingwithkids

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Oct 02, 2011, 07:53 AM »
rite now the wifes expedition is about 16 miles to the gal. my explorer is 15  yikes.....

Offline rlvb

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The fishie says "Why you looking at me like that?"
« Reply #20 on: Oct 02, 2011, 08:37 AM »
I'm glad i hung on to my 1979 Chevy Luv for all these years.Great gas mileage from one of these.4x4 also.Always talked about cutting a hole in the floor and fitting it with a sleeve to ice fish out of if we would get a winter without so much stinkin snow.Right Ice Dawg???I do also drive a full size truck also so i do know to how much it costs to fill a tank of that size.
born to fish---forced to work

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #21 on: Oct 02, 2011, 10:03 AM »
I have one too. Don't drive it much, mostly when the roads are bad in winter...trying to keep the miles down. You're right, not too good on gas.

Hmmm...I had a Mazda, too, before my Ranger. Was better on gas than the Ranger... ;D

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #22 on: Oct 02, 2011, 10:05 AM »
We took a ride out to the coast yesterday for a KTP run and it seemed like every 20 miles closer to Portsmouth, the prices went up 20 cents also !!  :woot: :blink:

I don't wanna hear the "KTP" was the "kitty toasted puffs"... :sick:

Offline SPADED

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Watch my rod while i pee...
« Reply #23 on: Oct 02, 2011, 10:25 AM »
Drive my F250 for a while and you'll have something to cry about. ;D

oh yeah? i got a 95 chevy 1500.. but its got lift kits,35 inch tires and 15 inches wide,an old 400 ci SBC instead of the 350,headers,straight pipe duel exhaust with thrush tubes, top half of motor is a 350 so i get the injection advantages of the throttle body fuel injection system,2 inch throttle body lifter,competition cam shaft,bullet prove trans with aftermarket shift piston and stall converter and all aluminum disks and gaskets... yeah its a fun truck... but it gets a whopping 8 mpg..i would like to thank all those that drive smart cars and hybrids... i need the extra gas they save ;D ;D

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #24 on: Oct 02, 2011, 10:32 AM »
Hmmm...I had a Mazda, too, before my Ranger. Was better on gas than the Ranger... ;D

:woot:

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25 on: Oct 02, 2011, 10:51 AM »
oh yeah? i got a 95 chevy 1500.. but its got lift kits,35 inch tires and 15 inches wide,an old 400 ci SBC instead of the 350,headers,straight pipe duel exhaust with thrush tubes, top half of motor is a 350 so i get the injection advantages of the throttle body fuel injection system,2 inch throttle body lifter,competition cam shaft,bullet prove trans with aftermarket shift piston and stall converter and all aluminum disks and gaskets... yeah its a fun truck... but it gets a whopping 8 mpg..i would like to thank all those that drive smart cars and hybrids... i need the extra gas they save ;D ;D

(Image removed from quote.)

WHAT?! And it hasn't been ported, polished, shotpeened and magnafluxed?! No hi-comp heads? No NO2 injection or 12 bolt main?! No Isky roller cam?! No Crower blower?!  Aww, it's just a baby!!! :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #26 on: Oct 02, 2011, 10:53 AM »
I'm glad i hung on to my 1979 Chevy Luv for all these years.Great gas mileage from one of these.4x4 also.Always talked about cutting a hole in the floor and fitting it with a sleeve to ice fish out of if we would get a winter without so much stinkin snow.Right Ice Dawg???I do also drive a full size truck also so i do know to how much it costs to fill a tank of that size.
Right! A guy can get real tired of two feet of snow on the ice winter after winter.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #27 on: Oct 02, 2011, 10:55 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)
I offer my condolences.  ;D ;D ;)

Offline icinfool88

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #28 on: Oct 02, 2011, 11:05 AM »
I use a AAA credit card at the pump for all my gas purchases.  They refund me 5% at the end of the month.
//i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/hankthecrank/NebraskaLogo_1.gif

Offline SPADED

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Watch my rod while i pee...
« Reply #29 on: Oct 02, 2011, 11:19 AM »
haha reb,are you offering to pay for parts? i have a 92 camaro RS 25th ann addition that is my real baby,the truck is more of a toy..bought the camaro when i was 16 and paid it off by laying sod all summer long..i store it in the winters so i got this to drive in the mean time,but i want to do a full restore on the maro,so i have been driving this all year long ever since i bought it,and its starting to cost so much that i havent done anything for the maro except got a slap shift for it...im actually thinking about selling the truck,i want an older truck i can modd and lift. or maybe a old jeep,like the renegade, they are so cheap to lift and mod and run in the mud like a dream.  make sure to hit me up this winter and we will get out on the zumbro no matter how much snow cover there is ;D ;D ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.