The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: IceMaster drill adapter for Nils  (Read 1291 times)

Offline zimmerDN

• IceShanty Rookie
IceMaster drill adapter for Nils
« on: Sep 27, 2011, 07:39 PM »
Did I just get a bad adapter or I have a bad auger?  This IceMaster adapter that I bought last year ruined my nils auger head.

It had a lot of play between the adapter and the auger post because there is not positive pressure applied by the adapter to the post.

You are at the mercy of having a perfectly round and uniformly painted post and a perfectly machined adapter with the matching bore size. 

The adapter merely fits over the auger post with a bolt through both pieces and nut on the end of the bolt. 

I am very upset because I have to pay $50 for a new auger head.  My auger is very new and cut great and I took good care of it.

Did anyone else have success with their adapter?  I really wish a company have come up with the proper adapter that puts positive pressure on the auger post to keep everything tight together.

Offline Otto

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hunt the Best, Hunt a Brittany! RIP Otto
Re: IceMaster drill adapter for Nils
« Reply #1 on: Sep 27, 2011, 07:53 PM »
Zimmer, sorry to hear you had a problem.  I bought one last year for my Nils and it worked great.  It has a nice "firm" connection, only a little bit of play in it.  Maybe the bolt you had was too small?....just guessing here, but my experience was great.  Oh, and the guy that sells them is very customer oriented, call him and see what he'll do for you...good luck and report back to us....this is a popular accessory.

Offline zimmerDN

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 06, 2011, 06:38 PM »
Good to hear you had success but both of mine failed to have a proper fit.

I think the design is fundamentally flaw.  If you look at the hand auger you will understand why Nils chose to use the bullet shape bolt.  As you tighten the wing nut it pulls the handle against the flat side of auger post to create a strong/solid connection.

What Icemaster did is a quick and dirty but not every effective at all.  I'm disappointed because it's such a great auger but no adapter to make it even better.

Offline bee

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 07, 2011, 05:32 PM »
Guys get the Tanaka Motor or gas drill and mount the bit up. Nils sells the motor adapter for 32.95.
Thats Why They Call It Fishing.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.