The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: New Eskimo hand auger  (Read 497 times)

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "EVERYDAY IS A HOLIDAY"
New Eskimo hand auger
« on: Sep 01, 2011, 03:04 PM »
 I see that Eskimo has a new hand auger out called the Barracuda with turbo blades. Has anybody used one of these? If so does it compare to the Nils hand auger?
 Matt

Offline mushroom_capd_1

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: New Eskimo hand auger
« Reply #1 on: Sep 01, 2011, 06:39 PM »
They have been out for awhile, I've had mine for a few years now. They are pretty much the same as a Strikemaster lazer hand auger. As a matter of fact I bought the lazer blades last year because I couldn't find any barracuda blades anywhere and someone on here suggested the lazer blades would fit...sure enough, they did!

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "EVERYDAY IS A HOLIDAY"
« Reply #2 on: Sep 01, 2011, 08:38 PM »
I had a lazer and it was awesome till it got to the end of the hole. Then it was a pain in the butt. I tried changeing the blades and that didn't help at all. It did have the good blades on it as well. Oh well Nils here I come!
  Matt

They have been out for awhile, I've had mine for a few years now. They are pretty much the same as a Strikemaster lazer hand auger. As a matter of fact I bought the lazer blades last year because I couldn't find any barracuda blades anywhere and someone on here suggested the lazer blades would fit...sure enough, they did!

Offline mushroom_capd_1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Sep 01, 2011, 08:58 PM »
Yeah. I hear the nils hand augers are top notch! If I could find one locally I'd pick one up. I'd definately go to a 6" as well as I didn't know any better and got an 8" when I got the old barracuda. I mean, it isn't all that bad, but I'd like to have a little more energy left to drill more holes if I had to move ya know.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.