Author Topic: Help for My Wife's Toes  (Read 840 times)

Offline Michael_M

• IceShanty Rookie
Help for My Wife's Toes
« on: Aug 18, 2011, 03:09 PM »
My wife always hates going anywhere cold because her feet freeze.  We've tried everything, battery powered socks, toe warmers, good boots, etc.  Any tips we're missing?

surflizard

Re: Help for My Wife's Toes
« Reply #1 on: Aug 18, 2011, 03:25 PM »
Welcome to the Shanty Michael_M, Glad to have ya Aboard !
 I don't know if this will help you, but it worked for us. I got the Missus a pair of the Arctic High insulated Muck boots and Smart wool socks and the silk sock liners. She doesn't put the muckboots on till we are at the lake, she used to put them on at the house and during the ride to the lake her feet would Perspire [she says women's feet don't sweat ! ;)2] and she always had cold feet because of it. Now she is good to go for the entire day, I still pack an extra pair of sock in the in the possibles bag just in case. Good luck !!

Offline UP jigstick

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Aug 18, 2011, 06:48 PM »
I've found a 1/2" or 3/4" hunk foam insulation between my boots and the ice makes a world of difference.

Offline duckbuster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Aug 24, 2011, 08:21 PM »
Try to have her spray her feet with an antiperspirant, believe it or not it really works. another tip I found that works well is to not pull your socks on too tight, leave them loose at the toes.

Offline BigDdoney

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice is best!
« Reply #4 on: Aug 28, 2011, 11:13 PM »
northern outfitters boots wife loves them

Offline au·ger

• IceShanty Rookie
  • ICEHEAD
« Reply #5 on: Sep 09, 2011, 03:41 PM »
One thing that works from shoes to boots are ski boot warmers they are expensive but worth every cent to someone who suffers.  Hottronics and other brands have individual rechargable battery packs and thermostats from like 80* to 100* just google ski boot warmers

Au-ger

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.