Author Topic: Twilight zone...DoDoDoDo  (Read 3472 times)

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
Twilight zone...DoDoDoDo
« on: Aug 12, 2011, 07:58 AM »
What are some of the strangest things you have seen in the wild???

Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
Re: Twilight zone...DoDoDoDo
« Reply #1 on: Aug 12, 2011, 08:17 AM »
A Monster Quest Team looking for Bigfoot! They were in the totally wrong area! ;D
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline Nutsicles

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Can't sleep, ice season is too short!!
« Reply #2 on: Aug 12, 2011, 08:55 AM »
I was on my way from my favorite honey hole and I heard this rattling. It sounded very familiar, and I couldn't figure it out. Then I turned around and realized it was my dog dragging my 12 pack of empty's!!!! lol

Seriously, not strange but funny. Had two raccoons fighting in a tree on the property I rent. One coon, had the other backing down a tree branch towards the tip of it. They were hissing, and making all kinds of racket, then I heard the snap of the tree branch and watched this raccoon fall 20+ feet into the 6 inch deep muck/pond below it. I laughed for twenty minutes, and seriously peed myself a little. Wish I could have got it on film!!!!  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Aug 12, 2011, 09:00 AM »
Never seen anything strange (unless you count some of my fellow icefishermen  ;) ), but on the subject of funny animals....

We were watching across the lake as a weasel kept running off an island and going after some guys' bait bucket when they had their backs turned. They kept chasing him off, but he kept sneaking back! Of course, having seen one of the guys crouched down with his arm extended towards him at the beginning tells me they fed him first. Can't blame the critter! Easy access to smelt...mmmm!
Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline PsychologicalPerch

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Catch and Release (Feel better and less fat)
« Reply #4 on: Aug 12, 2011, 11:13 AM »
might not be very strange, but in my favorite pond there are alot of boxing turtles and everyonce in a while a boxing turtle will chase your popper to the side of the boat
Fishing is a sport in which thinking is involved it is the covenant between nature and man, mother and son. Through fishing only can we recreate the link that has been tarnished throughout the existence of the modern era of mankind. Fishing is the answer yet people ignore it and consider it a "stupid" thing to do. What do these people do instead? They stare in front of color changing boxes. Is that life? My life is fishin

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #5 on: Aug 12, 2011, 12:46 PM »
Watched an otter go in and out of an abanded hole someone had drilled earlier. Each time he came back out with a fish, ate it, then back down he went.He done this 5 or 6 times then back to the woods he went.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline pfscott

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Aug 12, 2011, 04:50 PM »
Not in the wild, but getting cows out of the woods years ago, I found about 20 of them gathered in a circle. In the center was a sick raccoon, sitting on his butt, swinging his front legs like a boxer warming up. Kinda funny looking. (He didn't last long after the cows were chased away)

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #7 on: Aug 12, 2011, 06:19 PM »

Can't figure out why this was a wrong answer on  my kids test.  ??? ???
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #8 on: Aug 12, 2011, 06:56 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Can't figure out why this was a wrong answer on  my kids test.  ??? ???

Me either...how much "briefer" could he be...ICE...that's the answer... ;D
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #9 on: Aug 12, 2011, 07:29 PM »
Lamprey eel I caught by hand:

Giant butt fungus err....I mean giant puffball mushroom:

Ghost deer

New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline jammer icecube

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Danbury Fish & Game Hardwater Tour
« Reply #10 on: Aug 12, 2011, 08:02 PM »
One beer left in the 30 pack on the ice unopened.

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #11 on: Aug 13, 2011, 06:31 AM »
Roy I think I saw that eel in a Steve King movie...  :unsure:

Offline pfscott

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Aug 13, 2011, 09:45 AM »
Funniest thing I saw in the wild was an albino buck, lying at the base of a tree, about 30 yards in the woods. Must have not realized that he was quite visible, he would just stare at me, and slowly lower his head to the ground. I suppose he thought he was blending in like a brown deer.

surflizard

« Reply #13 on: Aug 13, 2011, 01:35 PM »
Myself and a buddy were on the ice in March one year, Late season fishing at its finest !! We were set up in the middle of the channel down stream from the bridge. We spotted 2 people walking on the ice on the other side of the bridge. We had a 3" snowfall the night before, so the ice was covered. Most everyone knows to stay away from the bridge, because of the swirling currents and the road salt that falls onto the ice under the bridge when they Plow the road. My buddy and I were speechless when these people waltzed right under the bridge and walked up to us and said hello ! the man and women were from the middle east, by the sound of their speech. They looked us over and asked us what we were doing out in the middle of the field. I looked at my buddy and he just shook his head, I told him we were ice fishing. He and the women laughed and said we needed water to fish. I waved him over to the holes and said we had plenty of water because we were standing on a frozen lake. He didn't believe me so I reached into the hole and spashed some water on his shoes ! He let out a Scream that flipped Henry right out of his lawn chair ! :woot: He grabbed the women and  asked where was the land ? I pointed to the docks on shore and they took off running !! Henry and I took a look at them then we looked at each other and we Lost it, we were rolling around on the ice, we laughed until we cried !! To this day, if I see Henry at the store or a bait shop, I'll ask him if he wants to go fish in the field and we still bust a gut laughing about it !! :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
« Reply #14 on: Aug 16, 2011, 06:43 AM »
One year while bow hunting, I was watching 3 squirrels chase each other around.   It wasn't long until I noticed them falling off trees, missing branches, and basically stumbling around as if they were drunk..  They kept going back to this one downed tree, and eating something, then run off again..  I pulled out my binoculars and saw that they were eating mushrooms.  They were getting stoned on mushrooms!   It was great.  I spent the rest of the day just enjoying the show.
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #15 on: Aug 16, 2011, 12:55 PM »
Cool fungus... about a foot across.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.