Author Topic: Frabill Shuttle Sled  (Read 13287 times)

Offline SINX53

• Team IceShanty Addict
Frabill Shuttle Sled
« on: Jul 11, 2011, 10:03 PM »
I was looking at the Frabill website the other day and noticed they have the new shuttle hard top sleds on there site.
Check out the following link, you might have to cut and paste the link.

http://www.frabill.com/video.php?id=35

rickl1968

Re: Frabill Shuttle Sled
« Reply #1 on: Jul 11, 2011, 11:17 PM »
Fixed link for ya!

http://www.frabill.com/video.php?id=35

Just click on insert hyperlink (right above the angry faced smiley) and insert your link between this..............
  [url] here [url]

Offline SINX53

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jul 12, 2011, 06:27 AM »
thanks. I modified original post.

Offline Ryderr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jul 12, 2011, 08:24 AM »
Of course this is after I bought my shanty  ::) That would be great for organization on the ice, which I often lack... ;D
I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end. Your imagination is under there. -Robert Altman

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jul 12, 2011, 09:25 AM »
He said something about it having a tent, but it wasn't shown in the video. The product area on the site is severely lacking information as well. All I really need is a windbreak; I could save $200 with having something like this as opposed to a full shelter.

Does anyone know anythng more about these rigs?
Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline SINX53

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jul 12, 2011, 10:24 AM »
I called Frabill customer service the other day and she told me that they won't get the info until end of august.
I think they are just teasing us with the video.

The tent he was referring to was on the second sled, I think he should have said flip over shelter. It is just like the trekker dlx but with the hardtop.

Offline Ekruger01

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jul 12, 2011, 11:31 AM »
these look great, my only gripe is there is no designated spot for the auger. I like the houses with these sleds its a great idea! I wonder if you can remove the whole top to get underneath?

Offline Nutsicles

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Can't sleep, ice season is too short!!
« Reply #7 on: Jul 12, 2011, 12:11 PM »
If the shanty manufacturers were smart, they would design these tops for all styles of flipovers, and sell them as a "add on" feature.

Offline Ryderr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jul 12, 2011, 02:34 PM »
I called Frabill customer service the other day and she told me that they won't get the info until end of august.
I think they are just teasing us with the video.

The tent he was referring to was on the second sled, I think he should have said flip over shelter. It is just like the trekker dlx but with the hardtop.

Thats what I got from the video too. Its a regular flip over but with the built in storage verses a empty tub. Guinea I followed your other thread about the Rover 1.5, might not be a bad idea to get the recon shuttle sled and a 1-2man pop up. That way you could have your bucket on the warmer days, all the conveniences of a flipover tub for storage (rod holder, tip ups etc...), and a light weight pop up to help keep the wind off your face.
I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end. Your imagination is under there. -Robert Altman

Offline SINX53

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jul 12, 2011, 06:25 PM »
With all that storage underneath and the rod locker, I could definitely downsize and leave my plastic crate for the tip ups, my 5 gallon pail and my rod box at home.

also that would be awesome if they would sell just the top, I am sure trekker owners would love it and I would definitely look for a used trekker to upgrade.

Offline Greg2ha

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pollock $1.49 a pound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: Jul 12, 2011, 07:57 PM »
Nice units! Wonder how heavy they are?
Fish on!

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jul 12, 2011, 09:30 PM »
I was watching the video, rather quietly, at work, so I missed a bit. The one with the "tent" is from the "MAX series", which isn't even featured on the site yet. I'm just looking for a cheap windbreak....I'd love to buy the Trekker, but at close to $400...well...ya know!  ;)

I'll just keep a look out on the site for the details...not that Frabill has a very good site though. I may need to send an email to them about that!
Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline mushroom_capd_1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Jul 13, 2011, 01:27 PM »
They've also lowered the price point on a couple of there R2TEC shelters. I think they add a new suit called the "Frabill Suit". And I did notice a new rod case on there as well, but I think I'll stick with my $20 gun case for what they are asking for it.

Offline SINX53

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Jul 13, 2011, 07:23 PM »
Trekker Max - $599
Commando  Max - $399

Looks like I will be saving up for  a little while to get one of these bad boys.

Offline ice pig 121

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jul 13, 2011, 11:50 PM »
Now that is cool, time to start putting a few bucks in the hard water gear livewell!
Tight lines and happy hunting to all! Go Vikings!!

Offline Ryderr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jul 16, 2011, 09:02 AM »
They've also lowered the price point on a couple of there R2TEC shelters. I think they add a new suit called the "Frabill Suit". And I did notice a new rod case on there as well, but I think I'll stick with my $20 gun case for what they are asking for it.

Last November I made a trip to Gander Mountain, which is over 3hrs away from where I live, to get some ice fishing gear. I was looking through the shelves and found a rod case marked $15, that looked like it would do the job. Before I had a plywood one that I had fashioned which was a pain to haul not to mention heavy. I tried to find another one and it was the last one left in the store. I couldnt get my money out fast enough. At the time I didnt realize it, but its an Otter Rod Locker, they retail for over $75! Worth every penny  ::) ;D

Offline silvercreeker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Jul 16, 2011, 09:24 AM »
Thats a sweet set up.  I have always loved my Frabill Ice Shuttle, they just seemed right.  The new one looks a little big for the none tent model.  Too bad they dont redo the old shuttle.  Maybe one like Strikemasters.
Still real neat, and love seeing stuff like that when its crazy hot out!
The Greenhornet's caught more fish then you've lied about, Gustafson!

Offline wallydiven

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Jul 24, 2011, 06:45 PM »
They are two years to late for me, but I think they are missing the auger storage.  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :icefish:

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #18 on: Jul 25, 2011, 05:58 PM »
Last November I made a trip to Gander Mountain, which is over 3hrs away from where I live, to get some ice fishing gear. I was looking through the shelves and found a rod case marked $15, that looked like it would do the job. Before I had a plywood one that I had fashioned which was a pain to haul not to mention heavy. I tried to find another one and it was the last one left in the store. I couldnt get my money out fast enough. At the time I didnt realize it, but its an Otter Rod Locker, they retail for over $75! Worth every penny  ::) ;D

I got the Otter rod locker last year as a gift and really like it.

I would have never bought it for myself though. I was designing and gathering materials to make my own rod locker.

It drove my wife crazy that I always try to make my own stuff. She gets drug into it when I ask to use her sewing stuff. Then she gets Mad and just ends up buying what I am trying to make to get me out of her hair. @)
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline royjulius

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Top 5 Pike:14-5,15-5,15-10,17-0,18-4, 2B cont.
« Reply #19 on: Jul 30, 2011, 12:07 PM »
Man that thing looks pretty sweet! Keeping rods in good order is certainly a pain in the ass. I got one of those gun cases, but I have to fold my reel handles to make it work. I think I'll go check out one of those Otter rod lockers that some of you mentioned earlier on this thread. :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #20 on: Jul 31, 2011, 08:54 AM »
I'll post a pic later to show you.  And yeah I still fold down the handles on mine, though I don't have to.
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

surflizard

« Reply #21 on: Jul 31, 2011, 10:09 AM »
It is a Good design concept, but I can store more gear in my Frabill Ranger XT Twin sled with it being open versus the new shuttle, it works for me so I'll stick with it. I looked at all the different rod storage designs, there are some real nice designs out there ! I found a Flambeau Bow case at a yard sale for 10 bucks that does the job for me !  :thumbsup:

Offline royjulius

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Top 5 Pike:14-5,15-5,15-10,17-0,18-4, 2B cont.
« Reply #22 on: Jul 31, 2011, 11:26 AM »
Wow, that bow case looks like the ticket! :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline mushroom_capd_1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Jul 31, 2011, 11:52 AM »
I was just watch ing a video on youtube about Brian Brosdahl talking about a couple of new frabill products at the ICAST show. I see they are going to be offering the quicktip rod combo with a fly reel. And they have a new 2 sided bait container where you can have one type of bait on one end, and another type on the other end. Say fatheads on one...and shiners on the other. It looked kinda cool to me anyway but I already have enough bait containers now. Lol

Offline SINX53

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #24 on: Jul 31, 2011, 01:27 PM »
I was just watch ing a video on youtube about Brian Brosdahl talking about a couple of new frabill products at the ICAST show. I see they are going to be offering the quicktip rod combo with a fly reel. And they have a new 2 sided bait container where you can have one type of bait on one end, and another type on the other end. Say fatheads on one...and shiners on the other. It looked kinda cool to me anyway but I already have enough bait containers now. Lol
[/quote

In that video did you catch a glimpse of that tip up that almost looked like a beaver dam

surflizard

« Reply #25 on: Jul 31, 2011, 01:39 PM »
In that video did you catch a glimpse of that tip up that almost looked like a beaver dam
[/quote]
Those are the Frabill Bigfoot Classic tip ups, with the longer 18" spool shafts, 500 yard Metal spools and a extendable 36" flag shaft with an over sized Flag, they are the Cadillac of the Polar design tipups in my opinion !  :thumbsup: :tipup: Just my .02

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #26 on: Jul 31, 2011, 08:01 PM »
http://www.fishusa.com/Frabill-Bigfoot-Wooden-TipUp_p.html

Here's a link That shows a pic of the Bigfoot...

Link up that video... I'm, to lazy to look for it. :-\

Offline holehopper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Me and Dave Genz
« Reply #27 on: Sep 21, 2011, 09:06 PM »
Add me as another guy who wouldn't buy one as there is no place to put an auger.  My other comment is that you break equipment when you tow your sled with a machine.  You go a little too fast and hit a patch of rough ice and that is when things get broken.  This sled is too narrow to be effectively towed by machine if you want my humble opinion.  I also didn't hear any mention of adding a hitch.  If you are going to pull this by hand, I think you would get just as good of performance with an open sled.  Just get the right rod case and call it good.  No place for the auger, overkill on the compartments for a pull-by-hand sled and a price of $160 or $170......just doesn't add up for me.  What am I missing?????
Never Stop Never Stopping

Offline markjsolomon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Nov 27, 2011, 06:21 AM »
I agree where is the auger storage?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.