Author Topic: Going thru the gear, wishing ice was here !  (Read 1005 times)

surflizard

Going thru the gear, wishing ice was here !
« on: May 14, 2011, 05:55 AM »
I went out and fired up the sled and fogged the motor and gave her a bath yesterday, alot of miles this winter without a cover really left her a salt covered mess ! She all packed away now with dryer sheets to keep the critters at bay, jacked up on a pallet and covered. I can't bear the thought of not running the auger for 6 months, so I topped off her tank and fired her up yesterday ! Ahhh, nothing quite like the aroma of 2 stroke in the afternoon !  :thumbsup: ;)2  Next I'll go thru the jig rods and tip ups, I'll replace all the leaders and check all of the swivels and terminal tackle. Then I'll go thru all the tackle and check rings and hooks. The toughest part is spreading all this out over the summer months till its time once again to venture back out on to the Hard water Havens !!

Ice is Twice as Nice !!

Offline GraniteBass

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Going thru the gear, wishing ice was here !
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 05:51 AM »
 ;D

I usually put the lawnmower and the snow thrower away for good when they are not in season. Stabil or Seafoam and see you next spring/winter.

But I feel the same way with the auger, I have to start it up once a month just to make sure everything is all right  ;)
“There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.” - Steven Wright

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 03:28 PM »
Tony....I say this as a friend.... You need to let go Buddy...  Try and enjoy a few months of good weather and open water fishin' .....It will come back again...I promise!    :laugh:  ;)

surflizard

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 04:53 PM »
I know that you mean well Keith and I do appreciate your concern, But There is no hope for me ! I am doomed to suffer from Noiceitous till the water is safe to walk on once again ! Swatting Bugs and dodging Tourists, both on land and water just serves as a reminder that it is only 5 Months, 3 Weeks, 4 Days, 59 Minutes and 56 Seconds till Ice Fishing season begins again ! :clap: :thumbsup: :roflmao: :icefish:

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 05:20 PM »
 :laugh:  ;)

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 09:11 PM »
Hey, NHTF, I see you're still checking IS....pot calling the kettle black?  ;)

I went to Kmart yesterday...of course hit the fishing aisle...and I spent my money on stuff for ice fishing! I'm still trying to get my stuff more organized....2010-11 season was the test run for doing it alone....I'm gonna be READY next year!
Oh, and Surf, I'll anchor my portable too.  :roflmao:
I still see it....walking back from shore, watching you wrasslin my (Jiggin's) portable!!!! Not only was I helpless because I was far off, but the laughing didn't help matters either!!!! (I am seriously LOL right now!!!!)
Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2011, 10:31 PM »
Hey, NHTF, I see you're still checking IS....pot calling the kettle black?  ;)

Guilty  ::)

surflizard

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 05:57 AM »
Thats why I'm so Popular Guinea, I make people laugh !! Ya Guinea, those Eskimo Portable shanty Anchors work really well, "When You use them" !!  :whistle: >:D

Offline JRA

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, 09:16 AM »
Tony,  I feel your pain.  We all must stay strong.  Went to the barn yesterday during a down pour.  Grabbed AA jacket for raingear,  It felt and smelled sooo good,  wife had to gently take it away from me when I came back in.

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2011, 06:35 AM »
Tony: 5 more months for the first ice trip again!!!!!!! I bet you are in already!  Also, we need to hit that spot we left alone this past season!  I just picked up a Johny Stewart caller and a Wildlife Materials TRX 10S with two antennas and 5 collars for the hounds!

surflizard

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2011, 11:53 AM »
YA BUDDY, I'M IN !! I had a dream night before last, I had a monster laker stuck in a 10" hole and couldn't budge him, that's the 3rd time I've had that same dream, I always wake up before I find out if I get him out of the hole !!  :woot: :%$#!: :roflmao: That spot can be accessed right from the main trail right ? It sure would be nice to get another crack at Wiley, he was a good one !!

I'm ready for ice, I got a Ferocious sunburn yesterday, Whaaaa !!  :pinch: :'(

Offline james

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2011, 10:21 AM »
Tony: 5 more months for the first ice trip again!!!!!!! I bet you are in already!  Also, we need to hit that spot we left alone this past season!  I just picked up a Johny Stewart caller and a Wildlife Materials TRX 10S with two antennas and 5 collars for the hounds!

Good luck with your caller! they can be a lot of fun. I had the Johny Stewart preymaster digital caller a few years back and did very well with it. I even shot a coyote the very first time i tried it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.