Author Topic: Anyone working on a Permanent this summer ?  (Read 1857 times)

surflizard

Anyone working on a Permanent this summer ?
« on: May 05, 2011, 02:40 PM »
I'm just curious if anyone has plans for a new Bobhouse or improvements for a existing one ?

Offline james

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Anyone working on a Permanent this summer ?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 05:22 AM »
I had planned to build one this summer surf, but the grand i had planned for my house, just went to the Polaris dealer for repairs that the field mice did to my wheeler. :'( so hopefully insurance will cover me. if not my build is on hold for a bit.

surflizard

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 05:54 AM »
Sorry to hear that james, they can do alot of damage for a little critter ! >:( I've been meaning to ask you how is the new house ?

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 09:48 PM »
I'm supposed to be inheriting the Pink Palace....gotta get my ducks in a row and get that done!

It may not see ice in 2012, but when I'm all set up(truck, trailer, 6 strong men), I'll have the hardside out for overnight cusk fishin!  ;D
Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

surflizard

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2011, 05:36 AM »
Wahooo, Party at Guinea's !!! :whistle: >:D :roflmao:

Offline sweet lou

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • go deep or go home.
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2011, 05:05 PM »
how about a real guinea coming.have garlic will cook.

Offline james

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2011, 07:26 AM »
The new house is wonderfull Tony! The Mrs and I are extremely happy here.
Thank You for asking! :)

Sorry to hear that james, they can do alot of damage for a little critter ! >:( I've been meaning to ask you how is the new house ?

Offline Swampdonkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Can't catch em from the couch.
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2011, 08:24 AM »
I am ready to get started on an 8 by 8. Got to have a frame welded with 1 1/2 pipe skis to build it on. Definatly thinking light though. 2 by 3's, metal roofing and lexan windows. Want to have 2 fold down bunks too. Plan on sleepin at Winni quite a bit.

surflizard

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2011, 09:24 AM »
That is the one thing that I really miss about not having a Permy, Pulling the overnighters on the ice ! It's too bad we don't have the Shanty rentals like they have out in the Midwest, it is really nice to be able to rent one without all the work that goes along with a Permy ! Some of the rental I saw and used when I was out there were Truly amazing, Regular Palaces on the ice !  :woot: :thumbsup:

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2011, 12:12 PM »
Sounds like the party's at Swampy's 8x8!  ;)

Okay, I've got 2 strong men so far (might be the garlic  :roflmao: )

And Lou, of COURSE I have garlic. Carried it around with me all last winter! I also have homegrown oregano and basil. I'm a typical Greek-Guinea cook.  ;D

Offline Swampdonkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Can't catch em from the couch.
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2011, 07:03 PM »
Everyone loves a party! I will bring the deer steak. Can't ever have too much garlic!

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2011, 11:39 AM »
Hopefully this year I can match a deer steak with ya. Hey, if I do, I'll bring tenderloin. Since you guys in particular did help me out this past year! Well, I've never met James, but he's been nice online, so James, you get some tenderloin too.  ;D
This is assuming I get one, but I'm working on cleaning a quiet path into my gnarly woods that they hide in ;).

I'm also lined up to help Ladybug and her ol' man fix theirs up....insulate, chop some height off, SHELVES! lol

Offline sweet lou

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • go deep or go home.
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2011, 06:26 PM »
nice always keep your garlic on hand.

surflizard

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2011, 06:55 PM »
Garlic is good for ya, kills the belly worms !  :woot: :thumbsup: :roflmao:

Offline james

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2011, 07:52 AM »
Hopefully this year I can match a deer steak with ya. Hey, if I do, I'll bring tenderloin. Since you guys in particular did help me out this past year! Well, I've never met James, but he's been nice online, so James, you get some tenderloin too.  ;D
This is assuming I get one, but I'm working on cleaning a quiet path into my gnarly woods that they hide in ;).

I'm also lined up to help Ladybug and her ol' man fix theirs up....insulate, chop some height off, SHELVES! lol

Thanks Guinea! good luck deer hunting this fall!

Offline maineduckhunter

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Stop Bucket Biologist and Kill ALL Maine Pike!!!

surflizard

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2011, 05:48 PM »
There is a summer project for somebody !  ;D

Offline newfound

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2011, 06:40 AM »
Hey Surf,

I built a new shack last fall.  I plan on having some custom small double pane sliding windows made up for it at Portland Glass or somewhere else.
I also plan on ripping off the roof and redoing that with PVC sheets with eaves and eave vents.  Then, add insulation, Epoxy the luan doors so they don't rot and make up a folding bed system inside so it can double as a hunting camper. Possibly run some lights and electricity.  Make up some sort of jack system so I can load/unload into my truck by myself.  And maybe find a small Honda 2000/3000i generator online.
I used vinyl shelving covering for the doors, but the glue didn't hold in the cold weather, so this year I'll epoxy the doors.
Probably look into getting something like these snap together rubber mats for a softer nonslip floor and seats.

video again of my shack system.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1664763831053

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1664789271689

NB

surflizard

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2011, 09:15 AM »
They are a work in progress aren't they ? That's one of the things That I miss about Permanents, coming up with new plans, design changes that help to make them better, faster, stronger ! ;D You might want to check with Big Jims in Suncook, they have a lot of odd sized, small windows in stock there. It's well worth the trip, you will save big bucks getting them there ! Good luck with the mods and I'll try get out and visit with ya this coming season !  :icefish: :thumbsup:
                                                                                                                                  Surf

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Deserves got nothing to do with it."
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2011, 09:19 AM »
We just partnered on an 8X8. Unlike the rest of the world, we've gone purple instead of green. Plan on redoing the floor plan. Thinking about using the same thing as NB for the floor covering. Keeps me out of trouble till hard water starts again.

Surf,
Sounds like things are getting better for you. Good to hear.

Capt. Black

surflizard

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2011, 10:14 AM »
A Big Barney Bobhouse Captain, Even I'll be able to find that !!  :roflmao:

Thanks Capt, It's going, it has been quite a wake up call for me, It would be Very easy to get discouraged by all the lifestyle changes, but it is a heck of a lot better than the other option I had !

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Deserves got nothing to do with it."
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2011, 12:36 PM »
A Big Barney Bobhouse Captain, Even I'll be able to find that !!  :roflmao:

Thanks Capt, It's going, it has been quite a wake up call for me, It would be Very easy to get discouraged by all the lifestyle changes, but it is a heck of a lot better than the other option I had !

More like the old Jimmy Hendricks "Purple Haze". Keep reminding yourself that it's better to be 6 feet up instead of 6 feet down.

Capt. Black

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2011, 06:52 PM »
I'll have to park the pink palace next to the purple palladium.
 ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.