Author Topic: Gibsonburg,Ohio  (Read 1814 times)

Offline Gary Piotrowski

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Gibsonburg,Ohio
« on: Jan 18, 2005, 08:49 PM »
has any one ever tried at white star park lake or any of the other lakes in town i was there in the summer and did really good with the gill's and even got a 14 1/2" yellow perch   it is a small but very deep i think around 70' deep at least that is what i was told by one of the divers there   any how any info would be nice   
                                                 thanks in advance
                                                                          Gary

first mate

Re: Gibsonburg,Ohio
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2005, 11:43 PM »
gary, i work in the big town years back, and visited the quarry many times for lunch, i never seen anyone ice fish it but know that there are alot of nice fish there, the ODNR stocks it, but don't know all species, i do know that there is trout and like you said nice perch.  if you decide to fish it let us know. just watch the ice that's deep water there.

Offline Gary Piotrowski

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2005, 06:27 AM »
just did some research on the web and found out no icefishing allowed 

sounded to good to be true
                                           Gary

Offline pole_smoker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane!!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 25, 2005, 05:58 PM »
I am a scuba diver plus an ice fishermen. I can tell you two things. There are some nice fish (bass, and trout and some perch) but not swarms of them. There is no ice fishing or ice diving at white star quarry. The water is clear and that would be a sweet place to use any aqua view.

stinky fingers

« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2005, 06:22 PM »
hello guys, how about that new camp ground. Eagle Landing i think its called. iwonder would they let people fish that? nice place , but dont no to much about
hard h2o fishing it. perty good size to. ???

Offline Gary Piotrowski

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 26, 2005, 06:30 PM »
i have fished there in the summer and it is a pay lake   i think it was $4.oo per day it was fun got some nice fish there but they are closed for the off season
                                                                             Gary

stinky fingers

« Reply #6 on: Jan 26, 2005, 06:40 PM »
well that figures, we will find some place to wet a line. whites landing there are 3-4 shantys out there to nite. havent talded to any of them yet , might still be a little dirty. let ya now.

stinky fingers

« Reply #7 on: Jan 26, 2005, 06:55 PM »
sorry about that trying to do 5 things at once. havent got to talk to any of the guys out there today. what fish did you get there? eagle lake. i think its deep too.  :o ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.