The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Sebago Derby Winning Togue (pic)  (Read 13521 times)

Offline smeltslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New Vineyard,Me
Re: Sebago Derby Winning Togue (pic)
« Reply #150 on: Mar 02, 2011, 07:07 PM »
'Irregardless' is not really a word:Wiki- Since the prefix ir- means "not" (as it does with irrespective), and the suffix -less means "without", irregardless is a double negative[1] and therefore would have the meaning "in regards to" when that is not the intent.

I think you meant regardless. I know, has nothing to do with the post but some folks just do that... 
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline rude the dude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike, ruining the state of Me., one pond at a time
« Reply #151 on: Mar 02, 2011, 07:31 PM »
SmeltSlayer I sent you a p.m.
well, congratulations, thanks for letting us all know. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
How they biten

Offline smeltslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New Vineyard,Me
« Reply #152 on: Mar 02, 2011, 08:14 PM »
I dont how Snagging even got into the conversation...the man didnt throw a deep sea jig into a brook and watch trout hover it and yank lol

Will...not to create an argument..but I have a lil story for ya...bout 7-8yrs ago my drivers license was suspended
I was working for a friend and was driving his pickup across town for supplies...90yr old man runs a stop sign...
tbones me...totalling both vehicles...hes knocked out over the wheel(I thought he was dead)...not good
well upon the police's arrival...he asks me for my info...I hand him reg/insurance(both expired)...he says license...
I replied...got none...he looks up..your inspection is run out as well..im thinking im goin away for awhile on this one
he writes me up tickets and didnt arrest me...guess who paid for for the damages? HIS INSURANCE
altho me and the vehicle shouldnt of been on the road...he was found 100% at fault...cause he ran the stop sign!
You lucked out. Try that today and see how long you sit in jail for. Glad it all worked out for you then.  @)

Offline ICEMAN-73

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #153 on: Mar 02, 2011, 08:22 PM »
Kind of strange that someone would be jigging 8' from someone Else's trap no mater who got their first! did they know eachother? I've unintentionally foul hooked Touge while Jigging, legally should I have thrown them back. I don't think the guy who won did anything wrong and should be the winner with the info I've heard on this thread, but who would be jigging 8' from someone Else's trap! was he inside a hardside shack?    ??? ???                                    
Never Give Up!

Offline Fish_Seeker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #154 on: Mar 02, 2011, 08:25 PM »
Kind of strange that someone would be jigging 8' from someone Else's trap no mater who got their first! did they know eachother? I've unintentionally foul hooked Touge while Jigging, legally should I have thrown them back. I don't think the guy who won did anything wrong and should be the winner with the info I've heard on this thread, but who would be jigging 8' from someone Else's trap! was he inside a hardside shack?    ??? ???                                    

I don't think he was jigging. From what I understand he had showed up later set a trap up and left. The fish bite his line and got wound in the other guys line and he pulled it up. Thats my understanding of it anyway.

Offline Thestanimal

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Learn How to Work Kid"
« Reply #155 on: Mar 02, 2011, 09:08 PM »
That is just BS.  How can anyone defend that guy (the guy set up a trap and walked away)?  Complete A-hole in my book.  How can a fisherman use that as a platform to defend his position as to why he should have had the winning fish?  Complete loser.

How many guys here would allow a perfect stranger to set up within 8 feet of one of their traps....in a derby??????  I would have asked him to politley remove his trap and if he refused....turned it into splinters...hong kong fuey style!!!!   (remember that cartoon)
"Hope is the last thing a person does before they are defeated"  -Henry Rollins

Offline smeltslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New Vineyard,Me
« Reply #156 on: Mar 02, 2011, 09:11 PM »
That is just BS.  How can anyone defend that guy (the guy set up a trap and walked away)?  Complete A-hole in my book.  How can a fisherman use that as a platform to defend his position as to why he should have had the winning fish?  Complete loser.

How many guys here would allow a perfect stranger to set up within 8 feet of one of their traps....in a derby??????  I would have asked him to politley remove his trap and if he refused....turned it into splinters...hong kong fuey style!!!!   (remember that cartoon)
Glad someone else sees this as a problem as well. You dont set a trap 8' away from someone elses trap. "Move the trap or its going to the bottom of the lake" - Plain and simple!!   @) @)

Offline lv2huntandfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #157 on: Mar 02, 2011, 10:35 PM »
I wouldnt even set my trap 8' from a friends trap. Let alone a strangers.  :cookoo: :cookoo:

Offline StingingLips

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #158 on: Mar 02, 2011, 11:32 PM »
I wouldnt even set my trap 8' from a friends trap. Let alone a strangers.  :cookoo: :cookoo:

I don't think I would set a trap 8' from my own trap

Offline fshnfool

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #159 on: Mar 03, 2011, 07:53 AM »
To begin with I would not of let someone set a trap 8' away from mine so it would of never happened. Just saying. We had a case Sunday where Flag caught a line with a fish on it that was attached to Fishnfools trap and it was sent back down the hole. That's the way it should of been just saying.  @) @)

Our traps being that close was totally unintentional on Sunday.  I drilled out my holes, not realizing that one of Flag's from the previous day was smack dab between 2 of mine.  After I set my traps and look back to see that Flag had re-opened that hole from Saturday, I was like "yikes, did I do that?"  :-\   It was just a matter of time before something like that happened. (fishing 70' of water and having traps less than 50' away from each other is just asking for a mishap).  Granted, we weren't 8' feet apart, but still close enough for lines to get tangled.  My flag hadn't even tripped, and the fish wrapped around his line and set his off..... :blink:   Just goes to show you that traps being that close together, ESPECIALLY during a big prize derby, is just potential trouble waiting to happen.

Offline LINGUINI

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #160 on: Mar 06, 2011, 12:55 PM »
Buddah thanks for putting fish seeker in his place. Cant wait to see him down to the pike killing on Annabessacook.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

WILL I AM GLAD THAT IAM YOUR BUDDY   :bow: :bow: :bow:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.