Author Topic: Rain / Ice...  (Read 2415 times)

Offline acaravaglia

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Love those trout.
Rain / Ice...
« on: Feb 25, 2011, 06:46 AM »
I really hope that all this rain doesnt have a negative impact on the current ice quality. I really need to get out there this weelend...  ???

Offline Wizzofd69

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hard Water 2012
Re: Rain / Ice...
« Reply #1 on: Feb 25, 2011, 08:39 AM »
I really hope that all this rain doesnt have a negative impact on the current ice quality. I really need to get out there this weelend...  ???

Well I hate to break it to you. But it sure ain't gunna have a positive one.

Offline saxmatt

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 25, 2011, 09:18 AM »
This rain isn't good but you'll still be able to find safe ice this weekend. Just prep for late ice: go with a buddy, bring ropes, picks, and a plank. Also have a plan B and maybe even a plan C in case the spot you want to fish is no good.

Offline Packrat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 25, 2011, 10:49 AM »
Supposed to freeze tonight and tomorrow night so hopefully some of the slush will freeze up.

Offline KingKool

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Lunker Hunter
« Reply #4 on: Feb 25, 2011, 03:46 PM »
There was 18 inches of ice at the state park yesterday..pretty sure its still there.

Its funny how people think a kind of warm day with rain will all of a sudden make all the ice go away. Dave from Lakes End Marina said he actually had calls after the two warm days last week asking if the crappie were biting in open water. Geez.

Btw the high was around 48 today...not 148.  ;D

Offline Wizzofd69

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hard Water 2012
« Reply #5 on: Feb 25, 2011, 05:16 PM »
There was 18 inches of ice at the state park yesterday..pretty sure its still there.

Its funny how people think a kind of warm day with rain will all of a sudden make all the ice go away. Dave from Lakes End Marina said he actually had calls after the two warm days last week asking if the crappie were biting in open water. Geez.

Btw the high was around 48 today...not 148.  ;D

Dont forget not all lakes are like hopatcong with 18 inches of ice..I think more people are worried about getting on and off then actually ice fishing. 

Offline KingKool

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Lunker Hunter
« Reply #6 on: Feb 25, 2011, 05:48 PM »
Dont forget not all lakes are like hopatcong with 18 inches of ice..I think more people are worried about getting on and off then actually ice fishing. 

Oh i know...i was just commenting on people worried about the gathering tomorrow at the State Park. You get one rainy semi-warm day and people panic.

Offline Wizzofd69

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hard Water 2012
« Reply #7 on: Feb 25, 2011, 05:59 PM »
Oh i know...i was just commenting on people worried about the gathering tomorrow at the State Park. You get one rainy semi-warm day and people panic.

Well you know haha God made a few types of people. I would go out on state park on 1.5 in of ice. Whats the worst thats gunna happen your gunna fall down to your chest lol. its a bathtub.

Offline acaravaglia

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Love those trout.
« Reply #8 on: Feb 28, 2011, 09:45 PM »
A buddy and I got out on Aeroflex and Cranberry this past weekend. Got completely skunked in andover, and only managaged a few pumpkinseeds at Cranberry lake. Also lost a cell phone somewhere out that way if anyone sees it.  ???

Offline laketrout1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 28, 2011, 10:06 PM »
Well you know haha God made a few types of people. I would go out on state park on 1.5 in of ice. Whats the worst thats gunna happen your gunna fall down to your chest lol. its a bathtub.
have u fell in if not u shouldn't express your opinion
Leave no flag up

Offline loustru

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Mar 01, 2011, 04:35 PM »
Plenty of ice left. Took a ride after work today with the wife. Headed up to Ringwood past Monksville , Northern end is solid with ice and no slop on top, looks good to fish. Drove past Green turtle pond and saw 3 solo fishermen on the ice. Ice looked real good. The southern end of Greenwood Lake is also completely iced in. Hit Wawayanda next and had the same conditions, totaly iced in . I saw no problems getting on the ice at any of these places. I may hit one of these tomorow after work.The north allways retains ice the longest. L  :tipup: :tipup:

Offline laketrout1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Mar 01, 2011, 05:32 PM »
have u fell in if not u shouldn't express your opinion
by the way i have so i can have a opinion an it isn't a bath tub :whistle: :cookoo: :wacko:
Leave no flag up

Offline fatheads

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Mar 01, 2011, 06:35 PM »
One guy out on Budd Lake late this afternoon :o  Parked on Rt.46- not near the beach :cookoo:

Offline laketrout1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Mar 01, 2011, 08:14 PM »
Thanks 4 info was going to try thier this weekend :tipup:
Leave no flag up

Offline Kbfishing3

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Mar 01, 2011, 08:33 PM »
Definitely not a bathtub.  A bathtub has warm water usually.  32 degrees takes the wind out of you. Not fun.

Offline Wizzofd69

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hard Water 2012
« Reply #15 on: Mar 01, 2011, 08:54 PM »
It was mere sarcasm. Learn how to take a joke. Clearly anyone out on 1.5" of ice is a nut.

Offline Ski Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gut eyes? =)
« Reply #16 on: Mar 02, 2011, 04:34 PM »
It was mere sarcasm. Learn how to take a joke. Clearly anyone out on 1.5" of ice is a nut.

But people do it...I personally wait the extra day for 2"  ;)
Proud to be Pro Staff!!!    Gut cookies?

Walleye count for 2015    21 landed up to 25"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.