Author Topic: Fished Gorton Pond in Warwick Today...  (Read 2816 times)

Offline BigShow23

• Team IceShanty Regular
Fished Gorton Pond in Warwick Today...
« on: Feb 24, 2011, 03:46 PM »
Fished Gorton Pond in Warwick today with my son..... Nice weather till the clouds starting rolling in...  12 in ice .....  NO flags!!!
Oh well, we had fun trying.... We got a little bored, so my son make a jigging rod from a stick and entertained himself with it.... Some good father & son time...

Offline rifishin

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Fished Gorton Pond in Warwick Today...
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24, 2011, 04:25 PM »
I got skunked there 2 weeks ago also! but it was nice to be out there. Where were you at the cove? the beach? police station? the boat ramp? just wondering.. i went in at the boat ramp and straight lined for the other side. Jigged and shiners.

Offline The Legend

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 24, 2011, 04:39 PM »
a buddy of mine said the police didnt let you ice fish gortons any more? **censored** i guess i cant believe him anymore
maybe ill give it a shot before the ice is gone

Offline BigShow23

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 24, 2011, 05:05 PM »
I got skunked there 2 weeks ago also! but it was nice to be out there. Where were you at the cove? the beach? police station? the boat ramp? just wondering.. i went in at the boat ramp and straight lined for the other side. Jigged and shiners.

We parked at the boat ramp (right in front of the sign that read "don't block the boat ramp"..... lol). Ran the tips from one side to the other ,shiners. Jigged from a few holes......but no luck.....  fishing is not to bad there in the summer. I know that pond gets pretty deep, maybe I wasn't set deep enough? I like to go in the cove next time...

Offline rifishin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 24, 2011, 05:09 PM »
a buddy of mine said the police didnt let you ice fish gortons any more? **censored** i guess i cant believe him anymore

yeah i walked right by an officer doing vin checks that day, no problem. i have also seen others out there before this year fishing in that spot and other spots on the pond.

Offline BigShow23

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 24, 2011, 05:13 PM »

We had no problems.... Parked right in they're lot. Was there about 3 hours, but we where the only ones there and there was no signs that pepole have been there in a while ( no tracks in the snow ).

Offline rifishin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 24, 2011, 05:18 PM »

I know that pond gets pretty deep, maybe I wasn't set deep enough? I like to go in the cove next time...

Bigshow the deepest part of that pond is kinda out and slight right from the new dock that they built.

Offline flagup55

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 24, 2011, 08:42 PM »
I have fished right off the boat ramp this year at sunset a few times this season and one morning and done well with nice pickerel and bass.  Lost something big there earlier this year (pike? I have heard rumors they are there).  I really like the lake the fish seem to all be fat.

I got stopped by some cop there in early february who thought I was nuts for ice fishing  :cookoo:.  He told me he was going to call DEM but never came back.   I contacted the office and they said it was fine to fish there. 

I got stopped by DEM there too this year and they just checked licenses and chatted.  You can fish there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.