The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Brattleboro Retreat  (Read 566 times)

Offline finnie

• Team IceShanty Regular
Brattleboro Retreat
« on: Feb 23, 2011, 12:29 PM »
I know this spot gets hit hard, but I was wondering if anyone has any info.  It is my favorite trip of the year, cause me and my dad (live in different states) meet up for a day of skiing on saturday then on the way home sunday hit the ice.  There are always a ton of shanties out there.  has anyone been catching anything? also how thick is the ice, last year it was 2 feet and it sucked to drill by hand.  anyone know where a depth chart is.

thanks
In it to win it!

Offline Leafmountain10

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Brattleboro Retreat
« Reply #1 on: Feb 23, 2011, 05:30 PM »
Meadows never gets deeper than 8' or so with maybe some deeper spots closer to the cliffs on the far side from the access.  I haven't fished it for years but was there over Christmas and watched several folks fish with not much action.  You may be better off looking into the NH side of the river in Hinsdale NH.  Used to call it the Power lines   where the lines cross over from Vermont Yankee into NH.  Just an idea.

Offline finnie

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Brattleboro Retreat
« Reply #2 on: Feb 28, 2011, 03:11 PM »
we the fishing sucked... caught my pw (personal worst) lm bass jigging... haha, still was a great time out with my dad.  also jigged another 10 or so tiny perch (too small to waste my time eating).  nothing on 12 tipups.

In it to win it!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.