Author Topic: Humminbird ICE 385ci  (Read 745 times)

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "EVERYDAY IS A HOLIDAY"
Humminbird ICE 385ci
« on: Feb 18, 2011, 05:24 AM »
 i sold my 345c to upgrade to the 385ci. I was wanting input on owners of the 385. Do you like the unit? Does it preform like it should? Any problems that you may have had?
 Thanks
  Matt

Offline markjsolomon

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Humminbird ICE 385ci
« Reply #1 on: Feb 18, 2011, 06:05 AM »
I really like mine, I don't have any of the extra maps for the gps which is another purchaw later.  I am still trying to figure out the endless features

Offline FISH2163

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 19, 2011, 08:19 PM »
Do you leave it running when you moving to a new spot? Does the flasher ping while you're moving? Just wondering, I can see it in a boat when your moving at 30+ mph and it's mounted to your console. But when you're on the ice, whether you're walking or riding, what do you do with a a built-in flasher/GPS?

Offline torgesom

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 19, 2011, 09:00 PM »
I like mine a lot.  I have the lakemaster MN chip and think it rocks.  I need to use the map offset next time I'm out because it was not completely accurate, but I'm told this is normal.  The unit works as I think it should.  If you are on a steep break it is a downer as it is only a 20 degree cone angle.  I put a review up a while ago.  There is an issue with the base which humminbird seems to not particularly care about fixing--its minor, but there is no cord wrap as pictured on the box or website.

To answer the GPS/Sonar question--I keep my sonar off when driving out to the spot but leave it on regardless if hole hopping and have yet to have an issue. 

They are on sale at a particular online site in MN--not sure if I can post it.  They are great to deal with--will save you 50 bucks plus free shipping. 

Offline Ole Sam

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 20, 2011, 09:12 AM »
torgesom,

Could you PM me with the name or link of the online store?

Thanks!
Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish. - Mark Twain

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.