Author Topic: Cascade Cup Ice fishing Derby  (Read 5898 times)

Offline icehogger84

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • No place I'd rather be, 'cept (ice)fishin' !!!
Cascade Cup Ice fishing Derby
« on: Feb 13, 2011, 04:11 PM »
All right all you hard-water junkies. This weekend, Feb 19-20, is the Cascade Cup ice derby. I am taking two of my hard-water offspring up and, be forewarned, my daughter is the defending champ Jr. perch Champ!

Anyone else plan on going up?....Hogger

Offline CharlesNCharge

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Cascade Cup Ice fishing Derby
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13, 2011, 06:12 PM »
Yea I make the trip every year but wasn't able to last year comin from California but have a cabin there for years
My uncle will be joining me too from Texas we look forward to it all year and do pretty well my dad and uncle have gotten first the past several years hopefully this will be my year the south end is our best bet lookin forward to have a good ol perch fry when we get there can't get those Good tastin perch down here in cali

Offline icehogger84

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2011, 08:04 PM »
Welcome to the shanty Charles!

Not only perch, but there's alot Idaho offers you can't get in Cali....Hogger

Offline gillis11

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 13, 2011, 09:08 PM »
Me and a few of my buddies will be up there this weekend hogger. First ever Derby and I am excited it should be blast. Gotta make sure not to get 3 sheets to the wind as it is my birthday weekend.

Offline Iceflyer

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Never be late for. Church, Work, and Fishin.
« Reply #4 on: Feb 13, 2011, 10:19 PM »
I'm gunna bring 4 little campers with me and my buddy is going to have 3 little campers of his own.  Who knows whats going to happen, but we're going to have fun.  Yee Haw!  See ya around the buoys and crown point.

Offline icehogger84

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 14, 2011, 07:26 PM »
Happy early Birthday Gillis! I'd like to say that for your present you can win the perch division...but you're gonna have to beat me!!! LOL

Maybe we should all get together for dinner somewhere after saturday's weigh in which is at 3pm

Offline CharlesNCharge

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 14, 2011, 10:27 PM »
Nothin like a shot of crown royal in tha morning to get you ready for the tourney :o

Offline mattcarlson7

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 15, 2011, 08:18 AM »
Alas I won't be making it...duty calls and im heading out to korea this weekend!

Offline iwantabuggy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 15, 2011, 09:08 AM »
Where are the rules and signup info again?  Thinking I might go ahead since I am going to be there anyway.
Keep your gun powder dry and your fishing hooks wet.

Offline Duck-Slayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Feb 15, 2011, 10:28 AM »
yea I will be up there, plan on taking the big perch contest, that's if I find them.... hope too meet some of you while i'm up....
Matt
Duck-Slayers new nickname is "DUD-switch".  Just for the record......  BITE ME

TEAM SPUDSICKLE..... 
2012 Ice Shanty winner - Perch
2012 Cascade Ice Cup Derby winner - Perch
2013 Hard Water Classic winner - Perch
2013 Ice Shanty winner - Perch
2014 Hard Water Classic 2nd - Perch

Offline iwantabuggy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 15, 2011, 03:27 PM »
40+ degrees for the last 4 days!  Hope there some ice left so we can have a derby!   :o

Actually in all seriousness, I know the ice will be fine, but I am wondering how the edge ice is.  With the warm temps there should be a fair bit of runoff.  Any locals here that can tell us what's going on?

Offline Zolar

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Feb 15, 2011, 04:31 PM »
Think you will be fine, looks like single digits Fri. and Sat. a.m.

Offline CharlesNCharge

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Feb 16, 2011, 10:04 PM »
My flight leaves tomorrow, already pumped for the derby cant wait to get into some fish got new line on the poles bait ready all I need Is my out of state license and then Im good to go. Uncle is already there and said there were puddles on the ice it should freeze up by tomorrow.  See all you ice fisherman at the weigh in Good luck to All!!! Yer gunna need It.....LOL

Offline Woodland

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Feb 17, 2011, 03:39 PM »
Well boys good luck! Heading back to michigan to do some ice fishing for a week, Superior whitefish/lake trout/burbot, Gogebic lake perch/walley, Crooked lake blue gill/crappies, might even try for some pike! all with in an hour of the parents house!

Offline icehogger84

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Feb 17, 2011, 07:09 PM »
Hey Woodland,

Not bragging are you? lol I sure would be....have fun, good luck and take lots of pics....Hogger

Offline DoveMan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Feb 17, 2011, 07:33 PM »
Anyone know what time Tackle Tom's will open on Saturday morning to register? (have to register before fishing) Thought I'd save him a phone call if someone already knows.

Offline iwantabuggy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Feb 17, 2011, 08:34 PM »
He told me he'd try to be there a little before 7.  Hence, I am not going to participate, as I'll already be on the water by then and expect to have a fish or too already.  Lucky for the rest of you......... ;).

Offline iwantabuggy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Feb 18, 2011, 08:17 AM »
He told me no credit cards and no phone signup.

Offline Iceflyer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Feb 18, 2011, 04:36 PM »
Yeah, that's what my buddy said also.  No credit cards.  No phone enteries.

Offline icehogger84

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Feb 18, 2011, 07:20 PM »
I think we're ready. New (used) snowmobile, two sleds, team ice shanty flag, flasher, fishing equipment, 2 kids...oh crap, almost forgot the bait! Guess I'll get it at Tom's during the sign up.

BEWARE: Team Jigger Totter is coming to play hard...2 DAYS OF ICE FISHING!!!!!!

If anyone is interested in meeting up w/ us for dinner, I'll probably take the kids to the restaurant just south of Tackle Tom's.

Hope to see alot of you up there tomorrow. I'll be on a black polaris indy 600 w/ the 2 youngsters and 2 gear sleds. If we're fishing we too will be flying the Team Ice Shanty flag.

Good luck to all who venture out this weekend. Have fun, be safe and ice your share of fish, Hogger

Offline Iceflyer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Feb 19, 2011, 09:16 PM »
Alas...the call of pre-calculus was too strong this weekend.  Due to crashing computers, Microsoft technical difficulties, and mounting homework I made the (regretable) decision to sit this tournament out.  Looks like Monday will be my time on the ice.  Hope everyone did well.  How was the snow cover and the thickness of the ice?  Is it still good conditions for walking?

Offline iwantabuggy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Feb 20, 2011, 09:48 AM »
Walking was neither easy nor hard.  Kind of inbetween.  There was about 3 inches of snow on the ice.  Most of the ice now is frozen slush.  I believe ice conditions are deteriorating.  Ice is still good and safe, but I'd definitely think twice about taking a full size truck on it.  With the weather we've been having, I am starting to wonder how much longer the ice will be safe.

Offline Iceflyer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Feb 20, 2011, 10:50 PM »
I appreciate it.  Looks like my buddy, and my 2 boys went AWOL on me.  So I'll be going to poison creek alone.  I've got some spots I want to tryout using the GPS so we'll see how they produce.  Happy Trails all.

Offline KozinKenny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Feb 22, 2011, 09:32 AM »
Iceflyer.  How did you do buddy? I wish we could have stayed longer but with the Daughter-in-law being in her condition, we had to depart the Ice and head home. Hope to see you this weekend, I think we will hang around Sugarloaf. We will put in at Poison because it is easier access. I will have my 82 yearold Dad with me and he still catches the fish for us.
"When an Ice Fisherman Freezes, another one thaws and takes his place."
~Patrick F. McManus~

Good Fish'n, Kenny

Offline Iceflyer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Feb 22, 2011, 08:28 PM »
KozinKenny, I had an awesome day!  I must have landed 20 to 25 perch...I quit counting.  The largest one in the bunch was 7 to maybe 8 inches long...THEY WERE ALL DINKS!!!! :roflmao:  Still, I did have a great time.  Using the GPS w/ the Lake map chip was awesome!  When I finally got to where I wanted to be I injured myself and had to go home.  I'll create a new post and give the details there.  Far as this weekend goes I only have Friday after 3:00 PM to Saturday 9:00 PM to play.  I'd love to drop a line w/ ya soon before the ice melts away.  By bringing your Dad on the ice means you're going to good luck on your side.  Give him my best and I can't wait to hear how you did.

Cheers,
Iceflyer.

Brentster7189

« Reply #25 on: Feb 22, 2011, 09:43 PM »
Lake map chip?

Offline DakotaElkSlayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #26 on: Feb 22, 2011, 10:19 PM »
Do believe that Navionics has Cascade on their lake maps...  I have their CD of lake maps and Cascade is one of the very, very few they have for Idaho.

Jim

Offline Iceflyer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Feb 22, 2011, 11:14 PM »
Yeah, I have a chip that shows the bottom contours of the lake.  Couple that with the program I have on my laptop you become much more familiar with the terrain.  My laptop is in for repair right now but when I get it back lets meet up and I'll show it to you so you can decide if this would be something you might want to purchase.

DakotaElkSlayer is right, they don't have much to offer for the state of Idaho but they had Cascade and CJ Strike as part of the package.  Let's look at it together sometime soon.

Brentster7189

« Reply #28 on: Feb 22, 2011, 11:55 PM »
Interesting.  I'll tell you what I did, I scanned the topo map of cascade that I bought at Tackle Toms, and overlay and stretch on google earth, then if I set a waypoint I can import it back into my topo program, and then to my gps.  I know...crude compared to just having a full blown computer program that already has cascade topography on it.

Offline Iceflyer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Feb 23, 2011, 07:50 AM »
[quote  I know...crude compared to just having a full blown computer program that already has cascade topography on it.[/quote]

There's nothing crude about saving $100 on a lake chip.  In fact I aplaude your enginuity.  I just found it conviently cool to have the contour details loaded on the GPS.  Of course, I'm new to this sort of thing...GPS, Cascade, and Ice fishing.  So we'll see.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.