Author Topic: Got a sack full before the wind  (Read 4528 times)

Offline duck_hunter_69

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAAAGG!!!JACKWAGON!!!
Re: Got a sack full before the wind
« Reply #30 on: Feb 14, 2011, 10:31 PM »
 :o :o  :o oh snap.......well put wax I concur I post pics for others enjoyment not bragging rights I fish for enjoyment camaraderie and because I enjoy eating the tasty critters even more so through the ice.how many guys come to this site can't get out as much as some of us and highly enjoy seeing the pics put on here? This is supposed to be fun and enjoyable we should not have to validate why we post pictures....it is because we had a good day on the ice ( or even a bad day which is still better than a god day at work) and we want to share it with our brothers on and off the ice! Tightlines to all!!
Hardwater Maniacs Pro staff
CrappieZilla Ice Pro staff
Team Extrem Wisconsin Series Competitor

Offline blueultra2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Feb 14, 2011, 10:47 PM »

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
« Reply #32 on: Feb 14, 2011, 10:59 PM »
So what would you call this waterfowler..... :whistle: :unsure:

http://www.myfishfinder.com/fishing_forum/index.php?topic=26186.msg274728#msg274728

LOL!!!... I have never considered posting pics by anyone bragging, no matter how big or small the catch is.  But for someone like waterfowler who thinks it is bragging to post pics, looks like we have some evidence of 'so called bragging' and no sharing of info like he expects on here.   Countdown until said pics and posts are removed from myfishfinder.com.....5 ....4....3....2.....1. ....

Offline duck_hunter_69

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAAAGG!!!JACKWAGON!!!
« Reply #33 on: Feb 14, 2011, 11:30 PM »
Dang blue I think someones **censored** card just got pulled........  :o :o
 :o

Offline blueultra2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Feb 15, 2011, 07:12 AM »
That is exactly why i don't post pictures anymore on here because i told the wrong people where i caught all those crappie and some figured it on there own and the place got over run by people and now you can't fish it all due to the home owners throwing a fit about to many people being there.

Wow Blue you must really be bored searching for info on me aren't you? Don't you remember last year how everybody in there brother were being banned for saying one something about something that was not even bad in the first place it was mostly Michigan guys.

I know there are allot of guys on here that feel the same as me they just don't want to reply to this because they don't want all the reticule from all of you that have already posted.

I'm not saying anything bad about you but I just remember how you use to post all the crappie pictures.  I never complained about looking at them over on MFF.  I think I actually posted some nice comments on them each time that you posted them.  What's wrong with posting pics?  Did I ever blame you before of "bragging"?  Nope!!  I just don't understand why you thinking posting pics means that a person is bragging.  Oh well, to each their own.

Offline Fishslayer81

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Feb 15, 2011, 08:33 AM »
That is exactly why i don't post pictures anymore on here because i told the wrong people where i caught all those crappie and some figured it on there own and the place got over run by people and now you can't fish it all due to the home owners throwing a fit about to many people being there.
Lol you first posted that it's bragging to post pics... now your saying you dont post pics because you leaked to much info and lost your spot. Wich is it lol ??

Wow Blue you must really be bored searching for info on me aren't you? Don't you remember last year how everybody in there brother were being banned for saying one something about something that was not even bad in the first place it was mostly Michigan guys.

I know there are allot of guys on here that feel the same as me they just don't want to reply to this because they don't want all the reticule from all of you that have already posted.
Sorry about your misfortune with losing a hot crappie spot, this is why we don't post spots lol!! Also there wouldnt be any "ridicule" in this thread if you wouldn't of mucked up wax's thread with a bunch of contradiction!! Tightlines

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Feb 15, 2011, 09:46 AM »

Jake,

I am a pretty nice guy, if you remember right when we chatted on MFF, I offered to take you out in my boat for some river SM fishing since you did not have a boat.  We never did make it out, but the offer was there.  I am also sorry about your spot.  It was not me that leaked it to anyone.  Like I said I have never fished there hard or soft water.  What happened to you is one of the reasons I won't put a lake name out there.  I have lost parking spots because of crowds overruning places and ruining it for everyone.   What I don't understand is why you chose to hijack my thread and not start your own.  Did I do something that upset you other than post pics of fish?  Did you post the same rant about pic posting and bragging on the Michigan board or any other board where the regulars always post pics of their catch, or did you just single out this thread, even though you said you were not pointing fingers?? 

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Feb 15, 2011, 10:31 AM »
WE ALL JUST NEED TO LEARN TO GET ALONG. Most of us enjoy seeing pics of someones catch. True I am sometimes jealous of seeing 15 and 16 inch crappies caught on a consistent basis. It took me 54 years to finally catch one 15 1/2. I was soooo happy. I even put it on the wall. My first fish mounted. Anyone who shares is a very generous person. Many qualities shared without even knowing the thousands who read without ever adding their input is their own business. I also have seen one lake that was fantastic for catching limits of big crappie become overrun with boats who fish every day taking over the days limits for a month straight. Where there may of been 2-5 boats now have 15-20. Oh well live and learn. Like a tree. You tell 10 they tell 20 than 50 and so on. That is the truth of the matter. REMEMBER A SECRET SPOT , IS TO BE KEPT SECRET. I can respect that. Lets all get out there and catch fish and have fun doing it or not doing it. Just my 2 cents.

Offline Retired-UAW

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Personal Best 7 lbs even
« Reply #38 on: Feb 15, 2011, 11:40 AM »
WE ALL JUST NEED TO LEARN TO GET ALONG. Most of us enjoy seeing pics of someones catch. True I am sometimes jealous of seeing 15 and 16 inch crappies caught on a consistent basis. It took me 54 years to finally catch one 15 1/2. I was soooo happy. I even put it on the wall. My first fish mounted. Anyone who shares is a very generous person. Many qualities shared without even knowing the thousands who read without ever adding their input is their own business. I also have seen one lake that was fantastic for catching limits of big crappie become overrun with boats who fish every day taking over the days limits for a month straight. Where there may of been 2-5 boats now have 15-20. Oh well live and learn. Like a tree. You tell 10 they tell 20 than 50 and so on. That is the truth of the matter. REMEMBER A SECRET SPOT , IS TO BE KEPT SECRET. I can respect that. Lets all get out there and catch fish and have fun doing it or not doing it. Just my 2 cents.
EVERY YEAR THIS HAPPENS.I AGREE WITH YOU ABISHOP.  "WE ALL JUST NEED TO LEARN TO GET ALONG"    MY $0.02    :whistle:    ;)2    NOW BRING ON THOSE PICTURES GUYS. ICE IS GOING TO LEAVE BEFORE LONG. THEN THIS SITE GETS "VEWY QUIET" ???
\\\"WORK\\\" is for people who don`t know how to \\\"FISH\\\"

Offline Steuben1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #39 on: Feb 15, 2011, 11:41 AM »
Hate it when we go down this road.....

Steuben1

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Feb 15, 2011, 12:12 PM »
Yes last ice is usually the best for ice fishing. Just my opinion. We should be seeing a bunch of pics. Lets all SHARE      PLEASE.I am going tomorrow- if I get any I will post. GOOD LUCK 2 ALL.

Offline syborg

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Feb 15, 2011, 01:07 PM »
for the record, ive learned a lot about ice fishing from this site, and viewing others "brag" pics has been a motivation and entertainment for me. dont really expect more. can learn a lot of techniques here and on the net

Offline SouthBend

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Feb 15, 2011, 01:14 PM »
Do we really have to go down this road again?

Lets make a new rule: You HAVE to post pics of your catch!  I have had a crappy year so far so I am living vicariously through Wax and the guys catching the good messes of fish. It keeps me motivated to search the lakes and learn as much as possible so that I can bring home a catch like that.

Keep up the good work guys.. If you are ever in my area and need a good place to fish, well, I've got nothing.... But I'll be happy to go with you!

Offline TeacherPreacher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Feb 15, 2011, 03:05 PM »
Boy! Am I glad that's over!! I'm worn out going down that road. Plus, it gave me gas!!!!!!!!
Wax, really enjoy your posts and pics. You are a fishing catching machine. More power to you!
Waterfowler? I don't have the time. At least you had the nads to apologize. Life's too short for all this life changing chatter!
Sounds like a personal choice to me.
I'm hoping to go to the Slough in the morning. If I do well, I'll tell ya all about it. I really don't care if ya all come down. Lots of room.
Abishop, maybe I'll see ya there. Driving a dark green, GMC Sierra with a cap. Will be pulling a brown lantern box with an aluminum handle and Ice Fishing Shanty decals. Wear a dark green snowmobile suit and an orange hunting cap. I'm old too! 72 yrs., old. ::)
Ho Hum !!!!!!!!!
Teacher Preacher
Life is short! Do all that you love to do as often as you can with those that you love!

Offline ispoman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #44 on: Feb 15, 2011, 03:18 PM »
I don't understand why everybody is all down on me, maybe its my Illinois blood ha! and no i'm not from chicago.
You should be a politician, Gotta admit diggin up the dirt (pic) is some funny campaign type recon stuff.

Offline walleyepac

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • its what u learn after u kno it all is what counts
« Reply #45 on: Feb 15, 2011, 03:31 PM »
Thanks 360 for your positive response
We all Do and say things we later regret but we are all on a journey- and on this journey it requires us to live and learn if we ever expect to get anywhere and trust me - I am still learning. I can't change my past but I don't have to live in it- let's change our chours to a positive one?
Wax I would miss your pics and this is not intended 360 under the bus

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Feb 15, 2011, 04:00 PM »

I don't remember your name Wax, but i have a few things to say. I think you are probably one of the smartest guys on this forum every comment that you post is probably one of the more intelligent post on any thread and i mean that. I am sorry if i over took your thread i did not mean that any way shape or form, and i am not pointing fingers just at you allot of guys do it. I am just not going to post pictures anymore because i don't want to take the risk of loosing my spots again.

In the Michigan forum fishcharmer posted a few pictures of some nice hauls of gills caught out of Juno channels, he told where they caught them and the next time i went, there were way more guys there. Sometimes i think it is alright to say where you catch your fish, especially in a big body of water where a bunch of guys can not hurt it to bad. I guess for me it just comes down to when i first became a member of this site people told me how much info you can learn from it, and i agree to an extent, i just think it is starting to be more of a post your picture's and brag site. i still get on here everyday to check the Michigan forum to see if anybody posted anything about the lakes in Cass and Berrien counties since that is where i primarily fish. I do post comments on there at times not so much this year due to not being able to fish as much as i usually do. Keep posting pics i got out what i wanted to say and that is what matters to me, sorry i hijacked you thread.

WF360,

Thanks for the kind words.  Beleive me, I am no better and know no more than alot of people on this board.  I would encourage you to post pics of your catch, and when people rail you for not naming the lake, you have perfect examples of why not to disclose lake names with what happened to your spring crappie hole and the juno channels this year.  I am more than willing to help with actual lakes if you contact me with a PM and I have enough trust that you won't broadcast the spot to others.  If you have limited time to fish and are looking for a place to go to catch dinner, send me a PM and I can probably help you out since you live somewhat close to me we fish the same general areas.

Offline A- bomb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THE ORIGINAL...ORIGINAL! Go drop A Bomb on 'em
« Reply #47 on: Feb 15, 2011, 04:42 PM »
just a thought....
you are looking in the general forum for info.....and you get general info!
if you look in the fish specific threads down the board you can find super tips and tactics in detail!
also sub threads like the jig making. you'll find alot of guys who post pics on the bragging board also give alot back to the comunity boards as far as info! it seems the same people that upset you are giving back a TON of info on rigging, seasonal ice, and what they use. even how to make em!

i enjoy the pics as i sissed out and they remind me what i missed! it also shows whats swimming around our lakes
Lack of planning on your part in NO way constitutes an EMERGENCY on mine

Offline blueultra2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #48 on: Feb 15, 2011, 04:44 PM »
I don't understand why everybody is all down on me, maybe its my Illinois blood ha! and no i'm not from chicago.

Don't stop posting those pics of your fish, especially the crappies!  Be proud of what you were able to catch.  Just keep the important info to yourself or keep it in PMs to the people you can trust.  BTW....sorry for bringing up that link of your pics on MFF.    

Offline duck_hunter_69

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAAAGG!!!JACKWAGON!!!
« Reply #49 on: Feb 15, 2011, 05:06 PM »
A-bomb........I can't believe you let a little freezing rain stop you from making that trip... ;D come on guys ice fishing is a brother hood where enuf other people think we are nuts any way be proud show your pics you worked for them fish put in your time maybe made the jigs yourself..post post post techniques jigs depths water temps clarity locations whatever you feel comfortable anything you are not comfortable with like blue said do it in a pm to ones you trust ...i am fairly new here and have met some guys from the site all have been great called a few which have shared some really good info .....we still have a little ice left lets go out with a bang guys tons of pics for the guys who don't get out like some of us do........ Bring on the buckets of gills and limits of crappie.

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Feb 15, 2011, 06:35 PM »
Here, here. Bring it IN FORCE.

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #51 on: Feb 15, 2011, 10:50 PM »
Nice mess of gills. My freezer is about empty, only been out a few times this year, boy I am slippin. Hopeing to get into a couple good messes before iceout. Luckily I get to eat all I catch by myself, the wife only eats fish from Long John Silvers. Can't get her to try fresh fish, ohwell just more for me.....

FRANK SINATRA, The Hangover Survival Guide

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

Offline checherdfly

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #52 on: Feb 16, 2011, 05:25 AM »
hey wax that one gill in the bag is STILL freakin me out, seems like its lookin rite at me hope you ate that sucker.

Offline checherdfly

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #53 on: Feb 16, 2011, 05:42 AM »
AND WOULD  SOMEONE KILL THAT BUG ON MY SCREEN!!!!!!!.   THIS IS WHAT I GOT FROM ALL THIS. EVERYONE HAS  OR WILL HAVE THERE DAY IN THE SUN ,FOR ME I JUST LOVE TO SEE MY BROTHERS HAPPY SO SMILE EVERYBODY AND ENJOY SHARING OUR GREAT PASS TIME . GOD BLESS THE   U. S. A ! WE ARE SO LUCKY!!!!!!

Offline duck_hunter_69

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAAAGG!!!JACKWAGON!!!
« Reply #54 on: Feb 16, 2011, 05:50 AM »
AMEN on the bug checherdfly its not bad enough the time of the year to fight mosquitoes is coming now i cant get that bug off my screen!!!!! :afro: :afro: :afro:

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #55 on: Feb 16, 2011, 08:44 AM »
hey wax that one gill in the bag is STILL freakin me out, seems like its lookin rite at me hope you ate that sucker.

LMAO!!!  He is filleted and in the chest freezer with the rest of them.  I don't think he is doing anymore staring!

Offline gillcommander

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I DO NOT FEAR FISH !!!
« Reply #56 on: Feb 16, 2011, 09:27 AM »
this lake mentioning conversation argument has happened a million times...can we all just move on!! if you want to name a lake name it...if you don't then don't...but everyone please recognize and respect what another person wants to do on this issue!!

personally, i love looking at everyone's pics and some guys who catch a bunch put some great pictures on this site...i'm happy for everyone who does well regardless of whether they tell where they were catching them!!! besides...lots of guys on here work real hard to find active fish and great spots that produce so who am i to ask for free advice if i am not busting my chops like them.

i will ask for advice on techniques though and appreciate everyone's help way more than what words can say which is what i believe is the single best thing about the shanty and why i keep coming back!!!

that and the pics.... ;)2

It's a fine line between fishing & sitting on the ice like an idiot

Offline hounds

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it were easy just anyone would do it !
« Reply #57 on: Feb 16, 2011, 07:03 PM »
I like seeing the pictures and appreciate the great advice you sometimes get on here.  Its a great site and just like life there are some great people on here and some not so great ones.  It is what is, get used too it.

Offline fishinfiend

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #58 on: Feb 16, 2011, 07:21 PM »
Hey Wax, nice catch my friend!!  :thumbsup: Every season a pi$$ing contest gets started on here over something stupid, and here it is!  I think it awesome how you fellas whack em every weekend. I hope the ice holds a lil bit longer the bite should be hot. :icefish:

Offline slabgill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Crappie!!!!
« Reply #59 on: Feb 16, 2011, 08:40 PM »
Man where have I been all week to miss this....Oh well I guess I'll go out and whack another 50 this weekend.Gotta go when the getting is good.. :tipup:...For a small fee I'll take anyone of you to the honey hole....I still have alot of mouths to feed at work...We've been doing a pretty good job the last 20 years...LOL!! just my 2 cents worth!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.