The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Sag. river, bay walleyes  (Read 913 times)

Offline Martian

• Team IceShanty Addict
Sag. river, bay walleyes
« on: Feb 12, 2011, 09:28 AM »
 I always hear, the eyes are in the bay, they are in the river, they are in the river, but all are small, (as it seams to be lately). Could someone explain to me, seasonally, is there a migratory thing happening, and if so, how does this work? I am sure the eyes are somewhere at some time, and for a certain reason, staging, breeding, etc.  I have a buddy who is hot to trot to go the the river for the last 3 weeks, I told him they are catching a ton of undersize fish, it is about 1.5 hrs for me, and this is to far in my opinion for dinks, now I have heard, the bigger ones are moving into the river. Again, from you well seasoned walleye getters, could you explain this migration to me me by the month if possible. I should also explain, I do not have a bike, or sled so it limits me to the river. Help, Thanks, Mike

Offline USMarine2001

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Sag. river, bay walleyes
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13, 2011, 04:17 AM »
Fish spawn in the river.... they move in and out. when they do it is up to them. Catching some fish is better than sitting in front of the tv

Offline Capt J

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2011, 07:54 AM »
Marine you sound like a fishologist  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline rootbeer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 13, 2011, 07:47 PM »
I was up yesterday and the fishing was slow and they were small.I drive from Burlington mi. so its a good ride for me to.

Offline IceArmorGuy2

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Give Me Beer Or Give Me Death
« Reply #4 on: Feb 13, 2011, 07:54 PM »
Im definitley headin up this week, things are reall gonna pick up with this warmer weather. Hopefully push some hogs up the river.
Times Never Wasted, When Your Wasted All The Time

Offline Big Eskimo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 14, 2011, 11:32 AM »
I was fishing the river over the weekend (at Independence Bridge).  Seems like everyone was getting smaller ones in the 7 to 13 inch range.  Over 2 hrs drive for me, but still enjoyed the trip.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.